The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts and Musings.

4 posters

Go down

Random Thoughts and Musings. Empty Random Thoughts and Musings.

Post by Samo Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I've been thinking about the WWE alot recently and things I like a dislike, so I thought I'd slap them all into one topic.

Booker T on commentary:
Personally, I feel Bookers getting a hard time from the fans. Sure, hes not amazing, but he'll get there. I do find it interesting that people are singing Strikers praises now, but I never liked Striker. I thought he was quite knowledgeable at first, but then, he starts saying stupid Poopie and singing Lay-Cools theme song. Quit it. Now, Booker is a far cry away from some of the awful commentators we've had in the past, like Face Cole, Adamle, and the worst theres ever been, Dusty f'in Rhodes.

Drew McIntyre:
I loved watching Drew in the Elimination Chamber. I loved that his second offensive move was javelining Mysterio into the pod. I loved how he turned on Barrett. I loved how brutally he took Barrett out. I loved how he pinned the Big Show. I loved how intense he looked inside his pod, even going as far as to headbutt it when Barrett made his entrance.
Drew McIntyre will be a world champion within the next 2 years. As long as he gets his charisma issue sorted.

JoMo:
The more I see of this guy the more I get impressed. I never used to rate him but hes climbing up (literally) my respect levels. Great showing in the Chamber match, and sold the knee injury like a pro. Again, definate world champ once the charisma issues are ironed out.

The New Nexus/The Corre:
Is there a point? I dont rate Otunga or Migillicuty, and The Corre neednt be together. Gabriel and Slater could easily use the handle 'The Corre' themselves. Barrett and Big Zeke are wasted in a stable doing nothing atm.

The Miz:
I dont think Miz should be WWE champ. Hes overrated. And I dont like his generic look. Go back to the hat and the shorts then we'll talk.

Christian:
While I enjoy watching him wrestle, and believe hes very talented on the Stick, I dont think hes nearly as good as the IWC let on. I dont deny that'll he'll be a world champ, but his times running out.

Triple H vs Undertaker:
SUCH A WASTE! If this really is going to be Career vs Streak part duex, then I'll be dissaponted. Im a fan of Trips, and I reckon he's got another few years in him. If he wants to retire then thats up to him. It really should have been Undertaker vs Barrett and Trips vs Sheamus.

There are other thoughts, but thats another rant for another day.

Samo signing out.

Last edited by Samo on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Samo

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts and Musings. Empty Re: Random Thoughts and Musings.

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Booker T on commentary: Of course it'll take time for him to get used to it. I think he's a solid enough addition to the commentary desk, Striker's annoyed me for a while now so the change is welcome. But how dare you say Dusty Rhodes is the worst of all time! laughing

"We got ta rectify the sitty-ation......in puh-lic if you weel!"

Genius!

Drew McIntyre: Not a fan of his but I have to admit I was impressed with his showing in the Chamber. Where he goes from here is anybody's guess. Future world champ? Future endeavoured? It's a toss up because I think he's running out of chances to be a major player. I don't think he's come on as much as WWE hoped he would when he was touted as the 'Chosen One'.

JoMo: He needs a new look, the fur coat/furry boots/big shades look isn't doing him any favours in becoming a top guy. He can do just about anything in the ring, but he doesn't have the 'It' factor that a guy like Jeff Hardy had that gave him a connection with the fans.

The Miz: I don't mind the look, I don't necessarily mind him as champion because he's worked hard for it. But he definitely shouldn't be in the WWE title match at Wrestlemania. Has become an afterthought thanks to the return of the Rock, but even without the Great One's involvement, the Miz would have been overshadowed by John Cena.

Christian: It has to happen for him soon but I don't think it will. For some reason Vince just doesn't see him as a World champion, whereas someone like the Miz gets a title reign because he makes lots of personal appearances.

Triple H vs Undertaker: This had to happen. Wade is no match for Taker at Wrestlemania and Trips/Sheamus has been done before and the outcome would be inevitable. Not happy if HHH retires, think he could do with another year or two to help build new stars but hey ho that's it.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:00 pm

You see here is the duality and the conflict in pro wrestling when it comes to being world champ - on the one hand you have the Miz, a very charismatic, slick on the stick type of guy who despite not necessarily having the greatest of wrestling ability is WWE champion. Then you have guys like Morrison or Bryan who although have considerable talent in the ring are not considered charismatic enough to carry the company and become the poster boys. If this were any other combat sport the champion would be the guy who was the most talented and beat the former champion fairly on the night, whether or not he can even string a coherent sentence together.

Personally I think too much emphasis is given to mic skills. Yes they are important in pro wrestling but you need a realistic world champion at the same time. For me when I look at Bryan or Ziggler for example I want them to become future world champions because I believe they have the wrestling calibre to carry the title. However, neither will ever be on Cena or HHH's level unless their mic skills improve. I really felt Swagger could have been booked as a strong champion but fans just wanted to make fun of his lisp. It was a shame really and if fans can't appreciate genuine talent over mic skills then can anyone really blame WWE for putting the title on guys like Miz? Now I know the WWE hype machine has a part to play in this and Swagger was never booked as a face, but many in the IWC seemed to see the potential in Swagger yet live audiences didn't. Is it that live audiences enjoy playing along in the pantomime or that they genuinely are less discerning?

As for HHH v Taker I think it was inevitable. I'm sure both will do a great job selling it with the limited time they have before Mania and I would not be surprised if HHH retired afterwards. HHH is much more involved now in the main office side of the business and I think Vince wants him to learn the trade for when he finally hands over the business. HHH's priorities have changed too and he wants to wind down his wrestling career. So many people have accused him of trying to beat Flair's record but I really don't think he has any intentions of being world champ again.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Can't agree more with you talkingpoint when you say that mic skills are far too emphasized. So many guys could be great champs but may not due to their lack of 'charisma'. John Morrison, Daniel Bryan, Drew McIntyre.. Just because these guys can't sell a promo means they can't be champs? If I had it my way we'd have the champs being the guys who are best technical wrestlers, hence why I enjoy ROH so much.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down