The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
mickyt
littleswannygirl
Portnoy
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Mrs Penfro
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
MrsP
MBTGOG
SimonofSurrey
Ozzy3213
Thomond
Rava
Mickado
red_stag
greybeard
Cari
rodders
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 4 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the team photos of the World Cup finalists. Or the action shots (put up especially for Cari) of McCaw, Kahui and Corey Jane.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Wales

Pāparakāuta tawhito/Hen dafarn/Old pub: https://www.606v2.com/t15995-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#576035

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by greybeard Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:23 pm

MrsP wrote:
Is this off the back of losing Payne?

Daneilli apparently, is what I've been hearing.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 4 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mickado Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

red_stag wrote:Oh cool just read it Mick. Sounds good, hopefully I can take it in. All comes down to time and money.

No panic, herself is away at a work thing so we can "do the dog on it" if you do come up. It's been a while!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

MrsP wrote:Still got to be better than Glas' suggestion of playing a 45 year old triple jumper at 7!

Very Happy

Rava!!!!

Please tell me it's true!!!

I can only say that the source is close to Ulster Rugby, that it is Bowe we are talking about and that some other party are trying to muscle in on the deal. And discussions would have been taking place before Payne got injured.

I would take it with a pinch at the minute and treat it only as a rumour. Nice though that is Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

If one of those rotten other provinces steal him I will not be a happy bunny!!!!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:30 pm

So Danielli's out? That's too bad. Great servant to Ulster and he had a decent WC.

Anyhow..
music
He's coming home, he's coming home. Tommy Bowe is coming home music

Comiserations to Cari when she's in.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

Luckless I don't think it was that nasty when Ireland lost for several reasons.

- We were more sad than anything

- Jonathon Sexton v Ronan O'Gara was the microcosm of the whole debate

- The fact it was a 12 point margin meant that it was a bit easier to accept defeat and go down the what if route

- We all had knee jerk reactions to losing to a young team and got excited about Ireland U20 representing us in the 6Nations 2012 Smile
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:45 pm

The LV Cup format really is shockingly bad. I have just seen that we are top of our pool depsite having lost the weekend and Quins who beat us are bottom of theirs having faield to secure a try bonus point. Mental.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

On a course. There is a Ulsterman in the front making some long winded irrelevant point on every part of the presentation. He lives in Cardiff and won't have to deal with the rush hour traffic. Any suggestions for how one should deal with him in the lunch break?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:58 pm

Rava wrote:
MrsP wrote:Still got to be better than Glas' suggestion of playing a 45 year old triple jumper at 7!

Very Happy

Rava!!!!

Please tell me it's true!!!

I can only say that the source is close to Ulster Rugby, that it is Bowe we are talking about and that some other party are trying to muscle in on the deal. And discussions would have been taking place before Payne got injured.

I would take it with a pinch at the minute and treat it only as a rumour. Nice though that is Very Happy
Confirmation just in that it is in fact Mushy thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

You're not even funny Kilty!

And we spell Mushey with an E!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

Tee, hee Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

MrsP wrote:You're not even funny Kilty!

And we spell Mushey with an E!

Very Happy

laughing laughing

Asbo, please see my earlier comment to Stag censored
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

Or even teeE heeE!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:02 pm

How come youz can't spell? Ok!

Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

So what is happeneing to Danielli?

straight from RWC to retirement?

I really like Simon but he hasn't seemed to be enjoying his rugby anywhere near so much recently.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:09 pm

Glas a du wrote:On a course. There is a Ulsterman in the front making some long winded irrelevant point on every part of the presentation. He lives in Cardiff and won't have to deal with the rush hour traffic. Any suggestions for how one should deal with him in the lunch break?

Tickle him behind his right knee. All Ulstermen have a ticklish spot there. That should subdue him. Failing that tell him Tommy Bowe is on his way home.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:11 pm

Aww right balls Rava I'm now hearing rumours we are looking into another full back for the season as opposed to Tommy. Where's Geoff when you need him?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

Aye, Willy, that's what I said, MushEEEEEE to full back OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:13 pm

Glas a du wrote:On a course. There is a Ulsterman in the front making some long winded irrelevant point on every part of the presentation. He lives in Cardiff and won't have to deal with the rush hour traffic. Any suggestions for how one should deal with him in the lunch break?

An uppercut.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:15 pm

Tell him you'll guarantee Bowe safe passage to Fishguard if he shuts up.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

Well, much as I would love to have OUR Tommy back, a fullback would seem to make more sense, no?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

There are no fulbacks anymore just back 3 players.

With Priestland playing so much for Wales, anyone think that S.Jones and Hook haven't had time to get used to that dodgey RWC ball?

Might that explain the missed kicks.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

There is no dodgy WC ball. Besides it's not as though they won't have both been practicing in training.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

Going back to what Stag said earlier. I think some of the Welsh posters must be following the lead of the Samoans. Some of the stuff they were coming out with after the SA - Samoa game was awful. The ref is only doing his job as he sees fit according to guidelines he's been given. I must be learning something from himself I think!

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

A very good article on that subject MrsP - http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16017_7248779,00.html

Basically its pointing out that the whole respect for the ref thing is dying out.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

Stag, they just missed their kicks. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Two missed dropped goals, one missed conversion, two missed penalties and one that slipped under the bar. Damn it all, we should be preparing for a final this week!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

17 points is a whopping amount of unforced errors Shocked
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

MrsP wrote:Well, much as I would love to have OUR Tommy back, a fullback would seem to make more sense, no?

I seem to recall Mr Bowe having some time at full back in his illustrious career Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

Stag - no, up until the match against France, Stevo had i think almost 100% record with this rwc ball.

In fact the welsh kickers have all coped rather well with the ball, until the match against France, where all 3 couldn't do it (I concede 1/2p's was probs more a 50/50 but I am just so used to him getting them!)

And I don't think respect for the ref is dying out - certainly not on the pitch anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:13 pm

I would add commentators to the list of those who need to have a bit more sense with regard to what they say about referrees.

Things that might be fine to say while watching the game in the pub with mates take on a whole new momentum when said to a huge TV audience.

I am the only one old enough to remember when it was considered unacceptable for the commentators to criticise the ref at all? Was it really that long ago?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Right, that's that dealt with. Thank you all.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:16 pm

Anyway, I'm off out to see some rugby!

The wee fella has a match against a visiting team from England!

I will try not to shout at the ref...too much!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

I can accept pundits querying or criticising refereeing decisions; but I agree that commentators shouldn't. They're there to commentate on play not on officiating.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

MrsP wrote:I would add commentators to the list of those who need to have a bit more sense with regard to what they say about referrees.

Things that might be fine to say while watching the game in the pub with mates take on a whole new momentum when said to a huge TV audience.

I am the only one old enough to remember when it was considered unacceptable for the commentators to criticise the ref at all? Was it really that long ago?

Love it. thumbsup
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

Is it wrong to be shouting 'yes, and yes' at your computer screen?!?! Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Surely ASBO, Gibbo, Penfro and Rava will remember like you Mrs P??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

No, no, prop, MrsP has suggested that only she is of sufficient vintage to remember, and I for one am not brave enough to contradict her notworthy

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

Ah ok if you say so!! I guess if your 'young' then i'll spot you a cider nice scrumpy farmhouse style!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

I'll take you up on that cider

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

Infact...i'm on call this week so you'll have to have mine too!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

Alright folks, how's it going?

What's the betting that France give NZ a run for their money at the weekend. Be just like them.

I've just set out from London down to Exeter again ahead of a boring conference tomorrow. The venue is interesting, Wookey Hole caves, but the content will be as drab as ever.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:15 pm

The day Mrsp came out and told the Truth. Have to admire her for that.
Sometimes... It's Hard To Be A (middle-aged) Woman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZr0_ic1304&feature=player_detailpage

Anyway. Well done pal. Must have taken some guts. Proud of ya. OK

Bowe To Leinster. Ospreys get Carr in return SHOCKER!
guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

Cheekybeggars!

Thing is, while I am not the only one old enough to have been around in those days I am clearly the only one young enoiugh to remember them!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:36 pm

Where's the "handbag" emoticon when you need it Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:37 pm

Laugh

Sure yer only a slip of a lass.

And we ALL Love you... Hug
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

Why thanks old fella!

Very Happy

I suppose I really should censored but boy was that ref fussy!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Did ye lose? Which little P was playing? Girl or boy? coffee
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

MrsP,

Why should women always wear white?? Because that way they always match the kitchen appliances

Run
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

Laugh

Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:50 pm

Just had a call from my girlfriend, her boss is apparently closing down her shop after Christmas.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next