The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
Portnoy
Suspicious lurker
Dave.
PenfroPete
KiaRose
rodders
Notch
perthshirepuma
MrsP
Mickado
MBTGOG
Mick(TEFC)
Hound_of_Harrow
Pal Joey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Rava
Cari
red_stag
Mrs Penfro
Gibson
Glas a du
littleswannygirl
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Thomond
Luckless Pedestrian
Cymroglan
33 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of pub regulars. We've got the big group pic from the HEC final in Cardiff, plus insets of ll those who couldn't make it

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Wales

Hen dafarn/Old pub: https://www.606v2.com/t15642p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#576037

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:34 am

ah they do have a bit on the front about saying i can't stop wishing we had a different ref etc, but no witch hunt at all from what I could gather (but then I didn't look inside!)

That is indeed a massive positive for us Lucky.

I just hope we lsiten to something Josh Lewsey said on scrum V last night, which is that these players can't let the adulation they are going to get back here, go to their heads. They've got to keep grounded, keep doing what they are doing for the next 4 years and put the result from Saturday right. Twill be mighty difficult for them to keep themselves grounded though I think, knowing what the press and everything is like back here!

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:35 am

Mick - I heard about that, apparently they were fake ones though, or something like that anyway, I've not bothered to read much about it. Tis like with all nations (Samoa and SA being examples from this wc as well) - you get idiots no matter where you go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:41 am

Absolutely. If Ireland were in the same position as Wales I’m sure we’d have the likes of Irish_Micky (remember him?) threatening to knee cap anyone who disagreed with him, let alone the ref. gobshites everywhere. Thankfully the threats were fake though as you say.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

I suspect if/when Mr Rolland next officiates at the MS it will be a relatively quiet affair Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:47 am

Mick - ah I had actually forgotten about him! (thankfully)

Rava - laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Rava wrote:I suspect if/when Mr Rolland next officiates at the MS it will be a relatively quiet affair Whistle

I haven't forgiven him for losing us the England game in the spring. boxing
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

Rava wrote:I suspect if/when Mr Rolland next officiates at the MS it will be a relatively quiet affair Whistle

About as quiet as the next time Messers Kaplan or Allan turn up in Dublin Wink

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

Peter Allan has a pied-a-terre in Dubin, as it happens. I'll give you his address if you want...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

Fair do's Glas. And we aren't still hurting about that throw-in that Jonathan Kaplan allowed in March Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Peter Allan has a pied-a-terre in Dubin, as it happens. I'll give you his address if you want...

We've forgiven him cause he's Scottish and didn't know any better furious
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:11 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Peter Allan has a pied-a-terre in Dubin, as it happens. I'll give you his address if you want...

No he doesn't. He's a down to earth Scot. He has a small flat.

All that pomme-de-terre stuff is for cosmopolitan metrosecksules.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

Afternoon from a warm and sunny Gascony.

Bon chance to the job hunters,not that you'll need it.

Anyone set up a SG HCup pool yet? If not, I can do it. thumbsup
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

Okay, it's actually a bedsit. But he has a Monet poster on the wall.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

I’ve a massive painting on the wall at home. But it’s really really crap. What’s the protocol for this type of thing when you’re renting? I’d like to just chuck it in a skip and get a better new one, but presumably the owner wouldn’t be keen. Could I ask them to come and take it away?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

Howdy Chef. It's windy and cold here in Newport...

Mickado, if you asked they should be okay with you swapping it - if they love the painting they could always take it off your hands.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:33 am

Mickado I have a massive wall painting at home as well. Ever heard of Emulsion by Dulux?

I see Joubert has bagged the final with Mr Barnes getting the 3/4 playoff.

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:33 am

Mickado - is it listed on your itinerary which they should've given you when you moved in? If it's listed, you can always ask them if it's OK for you to put it in storage - just say you don't wnat to risk damaging it, not that it's horrible! Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

If you're in furnished accommodation,Kado,take the picture down, wrap it in a sheet and stick it in the attic,or at the back of a cupboard/ wardrobe,or even hang it on the back of the wardrobe.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:35 am

I’ll do that alright. We’ve not been bothering the landlord, he hasn’t heard from us since a week after we moved in. so he probably won’t mind.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

I'm sure he'll be grateful that you asked anyway Mickado. Or if he's not bothering you at all (doing inspections etc) then just do what Chef said.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

Actually, I could always lamp it under the spare bed. Much less hassle.
Wonder if Amanda will mind me putting up an enormous picture of the Leinster HC trophy lifts…? Ah, I’m sure she’ll love it…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

This thing looks like Jackson Pollock’s underware.

Wouldn’t it have been gas if Barnes got the final?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

OK

SG Hcup pool 606v2Pub

code snobskua
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

Worth a read:

http://boucherie-ovalie.org/2011/10/17/open-letter-to-the-welsh-and-the-rest-of-the-world/

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

I've got a rugby picture in my living room - it's a bit dated now cause it's an action shot from the 2005 Grand Slam. I need to change it really - to something like a landscape.

Jackson Pollock is the only painter whose painting I could copy.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

Mick(TEFC) wrote:OK

SG Hcup pool 606v2Pub

code snobskua

Cheers Mick. Did you send out messages from the SG site?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

That article spoke a lot of sense Lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

Rava wrote:Mickado I have a massive wall painting at home as well. Ever heard of Emulsion by Dulux?

Joubert, there's a surprise. Linebreaker, what do you think of that!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Re: that article Lucky posted "Clerc went up and down like he was a tackling bag! With a punch in the face on the way down!" I don't remember a punch in the face? Maybe I need to see it again... Headscratch

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

It's good isn't it, Dreamer?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

Ooops,I see Kiwi has started a SG pool, so I'll scrap mine sorry for the inconvenience thumbsup
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Cari - Warbs accidently caught him with a hand in his face when he was landing, no punch though.

Lucky - aye, prone to exaggeration at times, but basically just spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

Dreamer - Ah OK, thanks for clarifying that. I remember Clerc holding his face/head but I thought that was from the landing. Anyway, it's done and dusted as far as I'm concerned.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Mick(TEFC) wrote:Ooops,I see Kiwi has started a SG pool, so I'll scrap mine sorry for the inconvenience thumbsup

Keep it up Mick if you like, I've done an "official 606V2" one, but there's no harm in having a Pub one too - we've got both for several other comps.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Too late Kiwi.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

We're about due a new pub. Pics wise I was thinking of using the AB's and French squad pics pre-final. Other nominations?

(I was tempted to use the close up of Quade Cooper's face from near the end of Sunday's game when he knew they were beat, but I'm not that cruel)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

Cari wrote:Re: that article Lucky posted "Clerc went up and down like he was a tackling bag! With a punch in the face on the way down!" I don't remember a punch in the face? Maybe I need to see it again... Headscratch

Can't say it was a punch, but his hand did make contact with Clerc's face as he went to support himself. It was that which I attributed the red over yellow to at the time (and of course the entire French pack crowding the danger man in a blatant soccerism, but hey Back's hand and all of that)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:24 am

I think that's part of the similie. It was like he was a tackle bag... that was punched in the face on the way down.

EDIT: Scratch that, they mean there was contact. I think it's just a bit of embellishment, it's light hearted thought.

Spoiler:

Last edited by greybeard on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Kiwi - wouldn't say no to piccies of McCaw, Kahui and Corey Jane up there. Not fussed on any of the French players Whistle

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:27 am

Brad 'Freddie Kruger' Thorn?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 10:29 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:16 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Rava wrote:Mickado I have a massive wall painting at home as well. Ever heard of Emulsion by Dulux?

Joubert, there's a surprise. Linebreaker, what do you think of that!

Congratulations on 3rd place, Glas. We're phoked then... Laugh

Just saw a piece on the sore & sorry Wallabies having a swim in Auckland. Looks so cold but most of them had a dip - except Quade, who was hiding under his hoody... trying to remain incognito Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20