The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky...

+27
Herman Jaeger
monzon
Fists of Fury
oxring
Adam D
KingMonkey
Nico the gman
Knowsit17
OasisBFC
tcribb
Union Cane
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
BoxNationHelp
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Seanusarrilius
Duncan
two_tone
BALTIMORA
Soldier_Of_Fortune
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
Rowley
Scottrf
ThrowingLeather
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky... - Page 3 Empty Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky...

Post by ThrowingLeather Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

First topic message reminder :

With the arrival of Box Nation (essentially Frank Warren Tv) where does this leave boxing on Sky? Historically a substantial amount of boxing on Sky has been from Frank Warren's stable. We can assume Warren will now keep his fighters exclusive to Box Nation to warrant the subscription cost (Groves vs Smith to be screened on Box Nation!)

This leaves very little for Sky in the way of quality fights.
It seems they are already positioning themselves to screen fights from Eddie Hearn's stable. Now, as much as I like Kell Brook, I did feel they were over playing the fight at the weekend with one eye on future PPV.

Being as I only subscribe to SkySports for boxing do we think Its going to be worth the coin now that Box Nation is on the scene?

My only complaint with Box Nation is that the production quality looks like its being broadcast from Iran.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky... - Page 3 Empty Re: Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky...

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Nov 2011, 2:37 am

I don't know much about economics jrc, but it's a shame to hear that.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky... - Page 3 Empty Re: Box Nation and the future for Boxing on Sky...

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 27 Nov 2011, 2:40 am

This is an odd phone, I wrote kev, but it came up ad jrc.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxNationHelp Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback everyone,

You can now subscribe to BoxNationTV on our brand new website: boxnation.tv
And visit our Facebook and Twitter pages for updates:
Facebook: BoxNationTV
Twitter: @boxnationtv

Thanks again,

BoxNation

BoxNationHelp

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

BoxNationHelp wrote:Thanks very much for your feedback everyone,

Thanks again,

BoxNation

BoxNation quick question for you.

How come you are deciding to use the 6 month contracts as opposed to a 1 month contract which you can get rid of at anytime, just to tell you this has somewhat detracted me from buying, personally I will still buy however you have a lost a lot of customers just because of some people not wanting to be tied into a long contract.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

BoxNationHelp wrote:Thanks very much for your feedback everyone,

Thanks again,

BoxNation

Hey Boxnation - just wondering - is there any way to get your channel through freeview/online subscription?

An online subscription, as Setanta had, might attract some customers...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:24 pm

Hey boxnation why do we need to use this paywizard thing? What's wrong with paypal why do you need to use it's poor relation? It won't let me sign up!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxNationHelp Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

prettyboykev wrote:Hey boxnation why do we need to use this paywizard thing? What's wrong with paypal why do you need to use it's poor relation? It won't let me sign up!

Hi prettyboykev,

If you're still having trouble subscribing then please try our support page: http://www.boxnation.tv/support/

Thanks,

BoxNation

BoxNationHelp

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:49 am

BoxNationHelp wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Hey boxnation why do we need to use this paywizard thing? What's wrong with paypal why do you need to use it's poor relation? It won't let me sign up!

Hi prettyboykev,

If you're still having trouble subscribing then please try our support page: http://www.boxnation.tv/support/

Thanks

BoxNation

Only 2 weeks to respond, it's customer service like this that will ensure Box Nation is around for a long time. thumbsup

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sat 17 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

is it just me who remembers Sky used to only put fights on ppv if it had an english fighter in the main event? i can only remember tyson v holyfield being non u.k. fighters on ppv.

Can anyone confirm?

Sky sports have shown most of the recent mayweather and pacquioa fights...??

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

The last Pacquiao fight was on Primetime.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

this is true, also mayweather ortiz too, but before these fights im sure it was on SS

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

PAC vs Marg was on sky and Floyd vs Shane Mosely (my son was being born while this was on and like a true male......I watched the fight before going to the hospital haha) was also on sky. Their next fights were primetime who has better production than boxnation
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3