The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - Voting Page

+5
Fists of Fury
JDizzle
ShankyCricket
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Week 5 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Week 5 - Voting Page

Post by Gregers Sun 9 Oct - 21:51

First topic message reminder :

Please place your votes and at least sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 5 Matches

Match 1 - Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Daredevils - Delhi Daredevils win Toss

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab - Kings XI Punjab win Toss

Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers - Pune Warriors win Toss

Match 4 - Kochi Tuskers vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Kochi Tuskers win Toss

Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Kolkata Knight Riders win Toss

Coaches Voted:

Last edited by Gregers on Mon 10 Oct - 19:28; edited 2 times in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Voting Page - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 5 - Voting Page

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 18:14

I'm of the opinion that my bowling lineup on this pitch rolls the KXI order over, but each to their own Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Oct - 18:25

Kings XI bat very deep and full of quality, so the likelihood is that at least two of their batsmen will come off and get them up to par! That is how I saw it anyway!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 18:26

ooh controversial vote already

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 18:29

That's fair enough, Jdizzle.

My only real gripe in this tournament thus far is that nobody has even mentioned Suresh Raina. In my opinion, he is one of if not the best T20 batsman in the world, with an enormous strike rate and consistent scores. Seems he is being unfairly overlooked due to his Test failings, but lest we forget he battered England from pillar to post in the ODI's, and that wasn't even in Indian conditions.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 10 Oct - 18:30

KP,Akmal,kieswetter and Gambhir is a strong line up mate.
you should have batted first to give your spinners a better chance.

Liam
my fantasy league is not gonna be next.gregers will probably start a fantasy league on the english t20.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 18:31

shanky it's GG's next

gregers said that he wont do the EPL till next summer

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Oct - 18:33

It's a fair point, but I prefer Raina setting a total rather than chasing one down. I await to be corrected, but I cannot remember Raina playing a match winning innings chasing down a total? Not like a Dhoni and a Hussey who clearly have the temprament for it.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 10 Oct - 18:33

Fists mate you have got 3 excellent batsmen.But punjab imo have got quality throughout the line up with RTD at 7 and Bresnan at 8.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Oct - 18:34

I'm leaving work now, will vote this evening. On the subject of freshers, while in Prague we discovered that there was a student bar around the corner from our apartment. Nice "scenery" and 85pence pints Whistle

And the four of us were 15 years or so older than anyone else in the place ... Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 10 Oct - 18:39

JDizzle wrote:It's a fair point, but I prefer Raina setting a total rather than chasing one down. I await to be corrected, but I cannot remember Raina playing a match winning innings chasing down a total? Not like a Dhoni and a Hussey who clearly have the temprament for it.

Against England in the 2nd ODI in March-April 2006
Against Australia in the WC Q/F
Against RCB in this year's IPL First play off

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 18:39

we still need a toss for game 4!

i will vote when we get a toss for game 4, now all tactics are in.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 10 Oct - 18:42

Kiwireddevil wrote:I'm leaving work now, will vote this evening. On the subject of freshers, while in Prague we discovered that there was a student bar around the corner from our apartment. Nice "scenery" and 85pence pints Whistle

And the four of us were 15 years or so older than anyone else in the place ... Doh
How old are you now mate?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 10 Oct - 18:44

Fair enough, shanky. I don't watch much of India playing but one of those knocks is from 2006, not exactly current but the other two I have no qualms with. I think he is still developing, and hasn't quite got the icy temprament of a Hussey or Dhoni to close a game out.

Kiwi, good to know you have your priorities right! Good looking Freshers > Voting. All day. Very Happy

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 18:57

This pitch takes spin both innings, hence why I would have Bowled first anyway to make use of green on pitch.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 18:59

Also, I lost the toss anyway shanky so wouldn't have mattered Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 20:10

Match 1: Rajasthan vs Delhi: Tough game to call, with neither side's bowling attack, able to rip through the strong batting line ups. Morkel and aaron, get watson early, but dravid sits in, and bats through. Rajasthan eventually post 150. Delhi give it a good go, but get an early setback when sehwag falls early. warner makes a gutsy 50, but delhi cant keep up with the rate and fall 5 runs short. RAJASTHAN WIN

Match 2: Chennai vs Kings: Another tough game to call. Southee gets gambhir and kp early to seaming deliveries. Kieswetter sits in, and hits the erratic joginder sharma around the park. Gangly stays with him, until afridi gets the pair of them. Kings eventually post 140. Chennai get off to an awful start losing both openers in the first over. The middle order knocks the ball around, but kartik proves to good, and eventually chennai fall behind the rate, and fall 2 runs short KINGS ELEVEN WIN.

Match 3: MY MATCH, COME ON DECCAN

Match 4: Kochi vs RCB: Kochi get off to a flyer, with johnson's pace sitting up on the wicket, and hughes hits him all over the place. At the other end, laxman cant get praveen away. RCB's spinners bowl well, but kochi with wickets in hand hit some runs to get kochi up to 150. In the chase, RP singh's cutters and the quality kochi spinners, are hard to get away, and RCB fall short by 10 runs KOCHI WIN

Match 5: Harbajhan gets chris gayle and kallis early, to put kkr on the back foot stragiht away. Pollard keeps it tight in the middle overs, pathan gets in and helps kkr set mumabi a challenging 160 to win. In the chase the mumbai openers get off to a flyer, but the kkr spin attack pulls things back. Mumabi get stuck behind the rate with pollard falling cheaply, and they fall 25 runs short. KKR WIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 10 Oct - 20:17

25 runs? And without Kallis or Gayle they set 160? How many did Pathan make off of Gul and Malinga? And how come Pollard kept it tight in the middle overs with him only bowling the one over?

Just surprised thats all mate. Not at losing but the sheer size of defeat and the reasons.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 20:39

It would seem that people are trying to halt CSK's charge this week! Surprising really, you've voted me to beat better teams than this KXI one, which looks quite average. Suppose you're trying to keep the league interesting though huh Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 10 Oct - 20:52

Kiwireddevil wrote:I'm leaving work now, will vote this evening. On the subject of freshers, while in Prague we discovered that there was a student bar around the corner from our apartment. Nice "scenery" and 85pence pints Whistle

Jackpot! Very Happy

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 10 Oct - 20:52

"quite average"? Harsh. Three of the T20 WC winning team's stars, two of the better T20 spinners around, and RTD who's one of the best T20 players in the world. Wouldn't call that average at all...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 20:57

Average is a little harsh, on reflection, but I think the bowling of your side is definitely a weak point. They're all decent, so nobody that's a real let-down, but nobody outstanding or particularly dangerous. Some quality batsmen, however.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 21:25

i vote on who i think will win the game, based on team selection, conditions, the toss and tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct - 21:26

instead of people moaning about other people's choices when they vote, can others please vote!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 10 Oct - 21:34

CF could you clear this up are you saying RP Singhs I repeat RP Singhs cutters are more effective than Praveen/Vinay?

Or and my votes will be in soon Smile
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 10 Oct - 21:40

Cf we've seen your ATG lists mate, that's what worries us! Wink haha

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Oct - 22:02

Evening all, Shanky I'll be 36 before Xmas, definitely old enough to stand out in a student bar!

This is my second attempt at a post, the 1st got lost in the ether when I tried to send not realising the ropey wi-fi in my room had cut out. So I'll post it in bits just in case!

Match 1 - Rajasthan Royals vs Delhi Daredevils - I think the toss is fairly important here, Delhi's bowlers get 1st use of the pitch and avoid the dewy ball plus Razzaq et al have to set rather than chase at the death. Delhi have enough depth to come home even if they lose a couple early. Win to Delhi

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab - Phew this is a close one.
Toss is irrelevant since both skippers got their preferred option, and there are 2 pretty good batting lineups. Can't decide tonight, will sleep on it

Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers - With Pune batting first I think they're on for a big score here. The long batting lineup means they can afford to attack all the way. While Deccan might have done better batting first, the longer tail will put a lot of pressure on the early batsmen to score heavily and quickly. Win to Pune

Match 5 - Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders - KKR batting first should bring up a pretty good total, as long as Malinga doesn't get 2 or 3 wickets at the top. I personally would have used Gul to open up and saved Harby for the middle overs, I feel Sammy and Dilshan could go for a few. Then we should see a pretty good chase with a very good batting line up facing some handy bowlers. It'll be awfully close, and I suspect will come down to how well Pollard bats at the death. I'm going to say KKR, but their fans may need blood pressure checks

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Mon 10 Oct - 22:36; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more comments/votes)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 0:58

Little bit astounded at cf's vote. A top 4 of Sehwag, Iqbal, Warner and Taylor can't chase 150 on a batsmans pitch. Shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 11 Oct - 3:48

Even I am shocked how I got to 160 without Gayle and Kallis and Mumbai lose by 25 runs despite a flying start.25 really?

Fists sorry mate but Punjab are far from average.They are one of the best in the comp imo.Their Indian bowlers are underrated.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 7:19

Those bowlers are decent shanky like I said, but not enough to worry all of hussey Raina dhoni bravo etc at the same time! They'd be eaten for breakfast.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 8:50

i vote fairly, i vote on the team's the the tactcis, the tos and the conditions. and i dont just vote for people because they vote for me, i do it fairly, and im sorry if that will lose me votes, but i do it fairly!

i expalined my reasons for the votes when i made the votes, thats the last thing i will say on the matter

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 8:56

That's the idea cf, nobody is saying you shouldn't do it fairly Laugh

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 8:57

well then will people stop questioning my votes when my reasons are clearly explained.

i know people will probably vote against me, because of my side, and also cos they dont agree with reasoning i give, but thats not particuarly fair. YOu cant vote against someone because of the reasoning they give, just vote based on the game. which is what i have done, and im not gonna keep having to explain myself when i have explained in my votes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 9:00

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram, mate...

I won't be voting against people just because they vote against me, has never worked like that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:01

im not saying U do fists im just saying mate..

by the way, when are u gonna vote?

also bit harsh about the kings eleven thing mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 11 Oct - 9:04

cricketfan90 wrote:well then will people stop questioning my votes when my reasons are clearly explained.

i know people will probably vote against me, because of my side, and also cos they dont agree with reasoning i give, but thats not particuarly fair. YOu cant vote against someone because of the reasoning they give, just vote based on the game. which is what i have done, and im not gonna keep having to explain myself when i have explained in my votes.
Rest be assured mate,I certainly dont vote on that basis.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 11 Oct - 9:08

This is one of the reasons why I initially felt that people outside those in the league should vote rather than those in the league.That would have helped to avoid all these conspiracy theories.

Last edited by shankythebiggestengfan on Tue 11 Oct - 9:09; edited 1 time in total

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:09

anyway can people put up their votes plz, so we can get the results in and get the next match threads up.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 9:11

It's not that harsh in my opinion cf, I just think that 7 or 8 of my 11 are better than theirs. Only 3 or 4 of them would get in my team, in all likelihood. But that's my opinion, and it's not me voting on my game, so it's quite irrelevant really.

I'll vote tonight, don't have time to do it while I'm at work.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:13

and thats why its your opinon mate Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 11 Oct - 9:17

I will come up with 3 or 4 suggestions later on how to make this league fairer.
I myself am guilty of taking unfair advantage in one of my earlier matches.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:19

shanks dont worry about it...

can we just vote which is the whole point of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 11 Oct - 9:23

well IMO a combined side would look like this fists
Gambhir
Vijay/Srikkanth (need that Indian to accomodate Ajmal, but Kieswetter is better)
KP
Hussey
Raina
Dhoni
Afridi/RTD (I'd go RTD but I suspect we'll disagree on this one)
Bresnan
Ashwin
Nehra
Ajmal

so it's a 6-5 or 7-4 split at worse, and TBH there's not much in Ashwin vs Murali Karthik (or even Vijay vs Ganguly say)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:25

to be honest, i like the side you have together mfc, chennai already had the world class squad but didnt have to do anything, mfc u have built that squad well

voting...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 11 Oct - 9:25

Match 2 - Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab - Phew this is a close one.
Toss is irrelevant since both skippers got their preferred option, and there are 2 pretty good batting lineups. Chennai batting first, I can see Kieswetter and possibly KP falling early, before the ship gets steadied. Gambhir anchors the innings through, though runs are hard to come by. Chasing Srikkanth falls early, then Hussey and Vijay steady things but fall slightly behind the rate, before Vijay goes trying to force the pace. Raina comes and goes quickly but Bravo plays a good innings as Hussey works the singles. I'd have put Dhoni in ahead of Afridi, but Afridi's smashed 20 off 10 balls (the 1st couple of mis-hits not going to hand) brings the run rate back up, and Dhoni sees them home with a couple of balls to spare.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 9:28

Haha sounds like a standard Afridi innings, Kiwi, swinging from the hip with a bit of luck to boot!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 9:30

Is Bresnan really better than Southee? Other than that, pretty much agree with you MFC. Maybe we should combine? Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:30

bresnan's a better t20 bowler than southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct - 9:32

cricketfan90 wrote:to be honest, i like the side you have together mfc, chennai already had the world class squad but didnt have to do anything, mfc u have built that squad well

voting...

My epic transfer deals have been missed out here CF haha, I added Mendis Afridi and Ajmal to my side, not bad signings!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 11 Oct - 9:32

cricketfan90 wrote:shanks dont worry about it...

can we just vote which is the whole point of this thread.
I am gonna create a separate thread for it and I am sure most would like those suggestions.
I will vote later.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct - 9:33

yes but fists, what im saying is the core, the majority of your side was already in place, it was already world class Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next