The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers

+2
JDizzle
Gregers
6 posters

Go down

Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers  Empty Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Gregers Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

Welcome to the DY Patil Stadium, home of the Pune Warriors

Form

PW - LWLD

DC - LLWL

Pitch Conditions: A batting haven with the ball coming on nicely in the first innings especially off of the quicker bowlers. Bowlers who can take pace off the ball will be the key.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers  Empty Re: Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:43 am

this is actually a tough decision again, for the 2nd game in a row, steyn could be left out.

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers  Empty Re: Week 5 - Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:48 am

although chris woakes could be effective on this pitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

DECCAN TACTICS

1.Sunny Sohal
2.Monish Mishra
3.Dave Hussey (C)
4.Manvinder Bisla (WK)
5.Chipli
6.Shrikant Wagh
7.Wayne Parnell
8.Nayan Doshi
9.Scott Borthwick
10.Dale Steyn
11.Imran Tahir

TOSS: Bat first: I will look to bat first on a belter of a pitch, because the pitch is so flat, im having parnell at 7 to boost the bowling, and he can bat very well, so 7 is good for him.

TEAM NEWS: Dilshan misses out, so i can strengten the bowling on a flat pitch

BATTING: Sohal and mishra to open the batting. Sohal will look to get my side off to a flyer, with mishra batting through. If Sohal was to fall early then Hussey would come in, if mishra was to fall early then Bisla would come in and anchor the innings. With spinners going to play a big part in the game, with pace off being important, i have gone for an all indian middle order, with them being very good players of spin. With the pitch being a belter, i dont need the extra batsman, so parnell at 7, can give it a hit, and is a bowling option.

BOWLING: I have gone for the south african pairing of steyn and parnell. Steyn will bowl flat out, whilst parnell will bowl lots of cutters on a wearing pitch. I have packed my side with 3 spinners, and also hussey can bowl, along with wagh who can bowl his cutters. Borthwick, tahir and doshi, are my regular spin options.Steyn and borthwick would open the bowling, borthwick is quality in powerplays, and steyn would look to see if there's any swing. Steyn would bowl 2 upfront and 2 at the death. Borthwick would bowl 3 overs in the powerplay. Parnell and Tahir would come on towards the end of the powerplay, with doshi and wagh following them, then back to styen and parnell for the death.

steyn,1,3,18,20
Borthwick,2,4,6
Parnell,5,7,9,19
Tahir,8,10,12,14
Doshi,11,13,16
Wagh,15,17

COME ON DECCAN!

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 07 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

Provisional XI:

Paul Valthaty
Adam Gilchrist - wk
Ajinkha Rahane
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh - C
Jos Buttler
Angelo Mathews
Graeme Swann
Iqbal Abdulla
Jade Dernbach
Jaydev Unadkat

Toss: Bat first.

Batting

If I win the toss I will bat first. The reason for this is with my destructive batting line up I will be able to post a huge score and apply momumental score board pressure in the second innings with my spin attack. Adam Gilchirst comes in for Saruabh Tiwary to add some firepower, with plenty of class, at the top of the order. Despite not being the force he was Gilly is still destructive on flat pitches against the new ball, showed by his 100 in the IPL last year, and will relish the extra pace of Parnell and Steyn on this wicket where the ball comes on to the bat. He will also look to attack Borthwick, as the young leggie is inexperienced in these conditions and he could be expensive bowling three overs in the powerplay. Valthaty is another with an IPL hundred and he will also look to blast away and these two could get me off to a rapid start. If a wicket goes early, which is possible with the way my openers will play, Rahane and Virat can come in and steady the ship and build a platform for my lower order hitters by knocking the ball around and still accumalting at 7/8 an over. If the openers get off to a quick start they can play in a different way and look to keep hitting and keep the pressure on the Deccan bowlers as they are very talented and versatile cricketers who know the conditions. My aim is to have only 2/3 wickets down at 13 overs and then my long and destructive batting line up can come in a wreak carnage in the slog overs. Yuvraj, Buttler and Angelo can launch the ball miles and can take 20+ off overs easily, not too mention my top 4 can still be in and cracking it miles. I also bat deep as Swann and Abdulla are no mugs with the bat and can hit it out of the ground. I will targetting a score of 200+ on this wicket.

Bowling

I will open with Unadkat and Dernbach. Dernbach will only bowl one over as he will be saved for the death where he is at his most effective. Unadkat will bowl 2/3 overs depending on how he bowls, and then Angelo Mathews/Abdulla will be introduced at the other end and Mathews takes the pace of the ball and is used to bowling in the PP overs and he is perfect for this wicket which favours pace off the ball. Abdulla, a spinner, also will take pace off (obviously) and again has PP over bowling experience. After they PP, Swann will come on and bowl his 4 overs and this is where the game will be won for me as he will be impossible to get away for 10 an over as he is a world class spinner on a pitch that suits him so he will puch the RR up. Then I have another spinner in Yuvraj who can take pace of the ball which is vital on this wicket. At the death, Dernbach will come back and he will miz it up with slower balls and cutters, and be hard to get away and take plenty of wickets like he always does in the slog overs.

Dernbach - 1, 16, 18, 20
Unadkat - 2, 4, 6 (possibly) and maybe 19
Mathews - 3, 5, 7, 9 - Brilliant cutters
Abdulla - 8, 10
Swann - 11, 13, 15, 17
Yuvraj - 12, 14

Yuvraj and Abdulla can bowl some more overs if it turns out that Unadkat is a bit expensive.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 07 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Got a strong team out this week as I throw an unheard of youngster in at the top of the order. Some bloke called Gilchrist.

And I forgot to mention that Tait is dropped because his extra pace will just go on this wicket and I need bowlers who bowl cutters better e.g. Mathews, Unadkat and Dernbach.

Good luck CF and Deccan. Should be a good game! thumbsup

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

this would be a quality game, i have gone with less batsman, and the extra bowler, because the pitch is a belter, and my indian batsman are very good against spin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:09 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:this would be a quality game, i have gone with less batsman, and the extra bowler, because the pitch is a belter, and my indian batsman are very good against spin
Thats a very good and thoughtful move mate but why did you pick Dave Hussey ahead of Dilshan?

Dilshan is miles better IMO.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

hussey is my skipper.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:43 pm

Both sides look strong but to be honest cf, I'd have played Dilshan instead of Borthwick or Parnell

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

somehow i still couldnt fit trott into my side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

Dilshan over Borthwick
Trott over Parnell.

There you go!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

nope didnt wanna do that in this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

Still think Dilshan's part time spin would have been good on this pitch.

Borthwick is overrated

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:59 pm

im happy with the balance with my side for this game, if i could have one less indian than trott would be in there lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

Just think your batting looks a touch weak with Wagh at 6...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

its a belter of a pitch, and wagh is capable, as is parnell at 7, there is no demons in this pitch epscially batting first

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

I agree with Parnell, but Wagh at 6 is at least 1 too high for him.

Personally Parnell at 6 would be better IMO. Also why was Parnell at 11 last week for you?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

i got my lower order wrong last week lol, i didnt mean to put parnell 11 Doh

i have put faith in wagh lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

That makes more sense! I was very surprised with the order last week!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

lol so was i, when i realised my mistake

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:25 pm

Jesus christ, this is a tough match to call.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

i went with the extra bowler, cos dont think i need a lot of batting on a belter of a pitch, and parnell at 7, is prettty good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

Borthwick and Steyn should be above Doshi though

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2011, 2:05 pm

doshi is underrated with the bat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

i liked the pitch for this game, quite like playing 5 bowlers Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down