The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers

4 posters

Go down

Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers Empty Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers

Post by Gregers Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

Welcome to the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, home of the Deccan Chargers

Form

(Will do later when Internet is working probably)

Pitch Conditions: A slow and low pitch where the medium pacers who can take the pace off of the ball will do the best. Left arm spin will be hugely effective as well, expecially to the left handers where the bowlers can pitch in the rough patches outside the off stump.

-----

Please post tactics below:

Last edited by Gregers on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers Empty Re: Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:39 pm

lol both teams quite strong in spin department, and think will be intresting.

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers Empty Re: Week 6 - Match 1 - Deccan Chargers vs Kochi Tuskers

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:01 pm

Indeed.

Provisional XI for Kochi:

Phillip Hughes O, U25
V.V.S Laxman
Brendon McCullum O
Parthiv Patel
Gnaneswara Rao
Steve Smith O, U25
Balachandra Akhil
Sanath Jayasuriya O
Daniel Vettori O
Piyush Chawla U25
R.P.Singh U25

5 spinning options and Chawla's not the worst #10 in the world.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

my tactics will go up bit later

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

i think dale steyn could be left out on here again...Doshi will be very effective.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Kochi look strong.Well balanced side

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

they are strong, they are a tough prospect for anyone. Im gonna have to think about this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:40 pm

Will do my tactics later too. It's been busy morning with the rugby semi final so I'm off out for some fresh air Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

not sure wheteher to hand trott his debut or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

news coming from the deccan camp Wink, steyn could miss out again, due to the pitch not suiting his bowling.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 15 Oct 2011, 5:59 pm

Steyn can bowl well on any surface.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

any reason why u sent that 3 times, at different times?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

Deleted repeated comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

my tactics will either go up late tonight, or tomorrow morning, as they have to be in by tomorrow midnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:14 pm

Deccan tactics:

1)Monish Mishra
2)Sunny Sohal
3)Harpreet Singh
4)Cameron White
5)David Hussey (C)
6)Chipli
7)Shrikant Wagh
8)Wayne Parnell
9)Scott Borthwick
10)Imran Tahir
11)Nayan Doshi

TEAM NEWS: Parnell keeps his place ahead of steyn, as his cutters will be better than steyn's outright pace, which would just sit up on this pitch.

TOSS: BAT FIRST : On a slow and low pitch, the toss will be important, i dont have a good record with winning tosses, i have only won one, but this one is crucial, with both teams, having strong spin attacks

BATTING: Mishra, will look to play the anchor role, while sohal tees off from the start, Harpreet batting, three can come in and play his natural game, he will look to keep the scorebaord ticking over. Hussey and white, are strong in the middle overs, and can also acclerate the scoring if need be. Chipli and wagh, can re build if need be, or hit out, and get some quick runs. Parnell and Borthwicl, at 8 and 9 respectively, can swing the bat as well, so strong batting line up

BOWLING: Parnell and borthwick, will open the bowling, with parnell bowling 2 and saving 2 for the end, Borthwick will bowl out, his 4 on the trot. Shrikant wagh will be first change and his cutters will be useful. Tahir and Doshi come on after the powerplay, with hussey and white able to bowl if needed. parnell will bowl his 2 at the death, alongside either wagh, or a spinner.

Parnell,1,3,18,20
Borthwick,2,4,6,8
Wagh,5,7,17,19
Tahir,9,11,13,15
Doshi,10,12,14,16

Hussey and white can bowl if needed.

COME ON DECCAN!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

You really shouldnt have sold Dilshan mate.Far better than Dussey or White.
A good team,the best you can forward although I have never seen Parnell bowl cutters and would prefer Steyn on any surface.
But a good side overall.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:31 pm

i went for an overseas bowling attack, and only two overseas batsman again, cos my indians are very good players of spin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 3:52 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:You really shouldnt have sold Dilshan mate.Far better than Dussey or White.
A good team,the best you can forward although I have never seen Parnell bowl cutters and would prefer Steyn on any surface.
But a good side overall.

hussey and white are class in t20 cricket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 16 Oct 2011, 6:44 pm

Kochi team and tactics:

Kochi:
Phillip Hughes O, U25
V.V.S Laxman
Brendon McCullum (w) O
Parthiv Patel
Gnaneswara Rao
Steve Smith O, U25
Balachandra Akhil
Sanath Jayasuriya O
Daniel Vettori (c) O
Piyush Chawla U25
R.P.Singh U25

Toss: bat first

Batting, Laxman takes the anchor role on what could be a tricky pitch, with Hughes and McCullum given a licence to attack while the ball is new. If the opening pair does well enough McCullum could be saved for the death, while Parthiv provides anchor/rotate the strike options should Laxman fall early. Rao, Smith, Akhil (career strike rate 148) and Jayasuriya are available to accelerate, plus there's batting right down to Vettori and Chawla.

Bowling:
Singh (4) 1, 3, 18, 20
Akhil (3) 2, 13,19
Jayasuriya (3) 4, 6, 8
Vettori (4) 5, 7,14,16
Chawla (3) 9, 11,15
Smith (3) 10, 12, 17

RP Singh and Akhil open up before giving way to Jayasuriya and Vettori who finish off the powerplay overs. Chawla and Smith take up the spin attack in the middle overs with Vettori before Singh and Akhil mix their pace up and try a few cutters. There are spare overs available from several of the bowlers if anyone does get some tap, plus Rao's off-spin is also available.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:02 pm

good side kiwi, its going to be a very intresting game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:good side kiwi, its going to be a very intresting game.

Yep, looking forward to the voting. Toss will be interesting too
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

toss could be crucial

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

i hope i actually win a toss..in 5 weeks i have only won 1 toss!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:22 am

cant seem to squeeze trott into my side at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 10:25 am

also would have wanted to put Zander de bruyn in on this pitch, but couldnt fit him in either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm

i still couldnt find room for Adil Rashid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down