The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv.......

+7
paperbag_puncher
tcribb
The genius of PBF
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv....... Empty Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv.......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

1. It'll probably be full of repeats..

2. Most probably false propaganda.....

3. Probablyy have over the top hyping of all his up and coming cards...and fighters..

4. Probably have his life story rags to riches etc on every 5 minutes.

5. Probably be sponsored by the WBO..

6. My Mrs hogs the television anyway and I hate watching TV in the study as it's cold..

7. I don't know what to put here but as 7 is supposed to be lucky I thought I'd end on that number!!!!!!!!

As Frank Warren probably surfs the net ..maybe he could explain more specifically what we will get for the subscription.. as most would love to see guys like Donaire and old great fighters in great fights!!....I'm sure we'd all be interested in a station like that..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more..added)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv....... Empty Re: Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv.......

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

6 is the only genuine point I feel. We know who wears the trousers!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv....... Empty Re: Why I won't subscribe to Warren's ppv.......

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

7 could have been father in law refuses to pay for it Truss.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Very Happy
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Could be.......any of you guys going to be indulging???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

Scottrf wrote:6 is the only genuine point I feel. We know who wears the trousers!

Scott try POF...might get yourself a gf or bf

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Could be.......any of you guys going to be indulging???
Undecided. Probably if it looks alright, £10 isn't going to bankrupt me. Wont if it's a contract, hate being committed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

At the minute I am leaning towards not, have spoke to the missus about it and suspect I could talk her round but comes a point you have to say enough is enough, we already have to endure PPV. On top of the already substantial sky bill it gets silly.

Also from a fans perspective the best thing that could happen is this dies on its backside, otherwise other promoters might think it is a good idea to follow suit

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:54 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Scottrf wrote:6 is the only genuine point I feel. We know who wears the trousers!

Scott try POF...might get yourself a gf or bf
I'm doing OK cheers thumbsup

Doesn't affect how I spend my money though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

I will not, the price of everything is going through the roof, the last thing i need is more bills at the end of the month. If it really takes off i'll need to cancel some other things to pay for it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

For pure boxing and that's all I'm really interested in it represents much better value than Sky's subscription, I accept it has sports enjoyed by many, but as a boxing fan wanting too watch the best fights around the globe its a racket.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

Need to change your father-in-law Rowley Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

Think we'll be seeing a lot of puerile press conferences, interviews and reruns far too much for my liking anyway....

However it may be okay for the less discerning, classless.. non American type... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

I said on another thread that if the content and delivery of the programmes are decent then I won't have a problem forking out 2.50 a week.. Especially if we get some fights from around the globe.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think we'll be seeing a lot of puerile press conferences, interviews and reruns far too much for my liking anyway....

However it may be okay for the less discerning, classless.. non American type... Cool
Not the classy type that make jokes about mental disabilities?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

I kinda knew you would paper..... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think we'll be seeing a lot of puerile press conferences, interviews and reruns far too much for my liking anyway....

More like the discerning type that makes an article about something that already has at least 3 on the same topics on the front page..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:

More like the discerning type that makes an article about something that already has at least 3 on the same topics on the front page..
Americans aren't known for subtlety.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

Your misguided perception of my joke.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Fight News > Scottrf....try harder Scott

WBO might as well be named Warren Boxing Organisation...Cant see this channel taking off.

Primetime is the future

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Improving on an original is what made America great.....paper boy.

That's why we've been improving since the late 18th century..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I kinda knew you would paper..... Cool

Wow good call. You don't happen to have a psychology degree by any chance?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

Why are you being funny with me Pape!!

All I said is..... I kinda knew you would...

over-reacting mate I didn't mean anything by it!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

Ha I'm just playing along not that easily offended... Interested to know why you think I would now though...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

Not easily offended...

I'll have to try harder next time Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

I'm buying it I know Sky is pricey but for a boxing channel I can find an extra £10 a month. The fact it's a monthly not yearly subscription swung it for me as I can cancel it if it's rubbish.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

What's the betting on a Terry Marsh biography on there anytime soon..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:26 pm

Truss I think you are being a bit harsh. It's a subscription channel Frank can't get away with screwing fans over like he has been guilty of with Sky. He needs to give the fans what they want.

I'm looking forward to it Sky are becoming less interested in boxing.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

If they manage to get the likes of Martinez, Donaire, Segura and Gamboa on then I'll prob pay it. Obviously its not ideal but I wanna watch boxing and the reality is that it aint gonna be on terrestrial TV anytime soon...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Fight News > Scottrf....try harder Scott

WBO might as well be named Warren Boxing Organisation...Cant see this channel taking off.

Primetime is the future

I agree 15 pound a shot for the likes of Alex Reid, Amir Khan v McCloskey and something called strikeforce sounds great.

If that's the future it's bloody bleak.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

Don't think they are less interested..Prizefighter and regular shows..etc

Just think primetime are outbidding them.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:If they manage to get the likes of Martinez, Donaire, Segura and Gamboa on then I'll prob pay it. Obviously its not ideal but I wanna watch boxing and the reality is that it aint gonna be on terrestrial TV anytime soon...

I think that sums it up mate.

Sky aren't interested in boxing, I think a channel hopefully dedicated to boxing and not feeding us tosh is a good thing, give it a chance.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't think they are less interested..Prizefighter and regular shows..etc

They didn't bid for Mayweather.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:36 pm

Truss they've ditched PPV and their is no guarantee Maloney and Hatton will get new contracts next summer.

Prizefighter is awful it just catches the general public's imagination.

The fact Boxnation have a link with Sauerland and GBP and are in discussions with top rank swung it for me. I think it will be the end of Primetime. Long overdue as well imo. Awful channel.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't think they are less interested..Prizefighter and regular shows..etc

Prizefighter is garbage, I can't even call it boxing.

Trussman sky have no variety in the fight schedule, how many stars are they showing? gamboa, donaire, future star fighters, sky couldn't careless, too busy plugging the precious champions league and premiership.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

SKY probably didn't like the price to rating ratio....... to beam it up Scotty..

I imagine..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:SKY probably didn't like the price to rating ratio....... to beam it up Scotty..

I imagine..
How to you know the price if you don't bid.

They could more than afford it and get 100k on a repeat.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:40 pm

No but Prizefighter is still Boxing......Everything has a price and maybe it's too high....for the rating Donaire etc would garner..

Soccer is probably emptying SKY's wallet.....anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:SKY probably didn't like the price to rating ratio....... to beam it up Scotty..

I imagine..
How to you know the price if you don't bid.

They could more than afford it and get 100k on a repeat.

Sky could have afforded it no doubt. For the small fee Mayweather fights make over here GBP were standing by Khan and teaching Sky a lesson in boxing politics.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

I'm sure they had previous records of what they had bid for Mayweather fights and the appeal of them....Scotty.....

For a public school kid you do need educating some times....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm sure they had previous records of what they had bid for Mayweather fights and the appeal of them....Scotty.....

For a public school kid you do need educating some times....
Except I know previous Mayweather numbers and the sort of figure it would cost them too. You're just vaguely wording obvious waffle. Repeats are peanuts.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

You're probably right about football.

But how much is your bill is prizefighter worth a penny ?

Sky had great shows in the past the early 90s especially, Gary Norman presenting the regular slot, showcasing talent all around the world.

Now we get the odd commonwealth title fight and Klitschko fight.

Sky's time is up, time for a new vehicle, Setanta was great I just hope boxnation can follow suit in terms of grabbing the fights not the financial business model.

Hope they get Cotto/Margarito 2.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Nothing vague at all......SKY didn't bid for a reason...

You mind telling me what it was If it isn't the one I outlined..

SKY are interested in ratings are they not???? and what do high ratings bring...more advertising...more money etc..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Improving on an original is what made America great.....paper boy.

That's why we've been improving since the late 18th century..

So true. Just look at your cars, your cheeses, your motorcycles, your beers, your use of the English langua...oh.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:07 pm

Warren will still try and get ppv on top of the £10 per month.

Its just the way he's made.

I stream.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:14 pm

Warren said their will be no more PPV.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Warren said their will be no more PPV.

Also said he would retire if Haye beat Enzo, you'll forgive me if I don't take his word as gospel.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 23 Sep 2011, 11:24 pm

I understand your point but I can see it happening again but not for a long time. At least 2 years away from PPV I think.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 24 Sep 2011, 5:43 am

im torn to be honest guys i think i will end up shelling out but no hd makes alex an angry boy... if the likes of gamboa donaire martinez etc. are on im diving on board headfirst if not i may have some thinking to do. no jim watt which im sad about but at least theres no adam *im overdramatising every punch* smith

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down