The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

+31
liverbnz
blaineyboy
Crimey
Fernando
BigPhil
TopHat24/7
erictheblueuk
User Name
All Time Great
sirfredperry
legendkillar
AlexHuckerby
A Fine Folk.
ReallyReal
Diggers
JPX
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Lumbering_Jack
Sugar Floyd Louis
GG
Kenny
Don Corleone187
sodhat
dublfcynwa
jro786
Davie
JDandfries
dondelero
Beer
ADMIN
GillesSimon
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? - Page 2 Empty Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by GillesSimon Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Don`t get me wrong, I despise the guy, but he seems almost a different person as a Sky pundit. Anyone think the same? Not as bias as I thought he would be. Maybe it`s just a fake Gary Neville Shocked

GillesSimon

Back to top Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by Kenny Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

AVB not a Neville fan

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has hit out at Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville after he said the Blues' attack-minded defender David Luiz played as if he was being controlled by a "ten-year-old on PlayStation." Villas-Boas said: "It's a stupid approach to an opinion. If that's the way he wants to take the game, that's ridiculous."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Gary Neville surprised you as a Sky pundit?

Post by JPX Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:AVB not a Neville fan

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has hit out at Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville after he said the Blues' attack-minded defender David Luiz played as if he was being controlled by a "ten-year-old on PlayStation." Villas-Boas said: "It's a stupid approach to an opinion. If that's the way he wants to take the game, that's ridiculous."
Problem with AVB is he's trying too hard to be another Mourinho. To be fair Neville has a point, Luiz is poor.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

JPX wrote:

Problem with AVB is he's trying too hard to be another Mourinho. To be fair Neville has a point, Luiz is poor.

Just my personal opinion but i think the Chelsea job is to big for AVB at this stage in his career
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

Yeah I'd agree. I'll be surprised if he's there next season.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

AVB should stop acting like a petulent child. Not only is that a funny quote, but it's almost perfectly accurate if it was in reference to his mess against 'pool on Sunday where he tried to dribble out of defence against 3 liverpool players. That's EXACTLY what a kid playing Fifa or Pro-evo would do and was cack defending.

In answer to the OP, he's the best football pundit operating right now and better than Andy Gray ever was.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:55 pm

AVB is certainly out of his depth managing Chelsea, a team which seems to me has a few egos in the dressing room. He just doesn't seem to have the 'it' factor to separate him from other top managers in England.

But Neville, I think he's doing a fine job and if anything I think he's being a bit too kind with his opinions. I would like to see him relaxing himself and coming out with his true thoughts rather than his pretty forced and restrained fair comments. Perhaps that will come in time.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Ive actually quite enjoyed neville as a pundit, especially when he was going through the arsenal- chelsea game on the giant pad was very insightful

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:The guy's good, it's just the haters that can't see or admit it.

simple as.. and I'm someone who disliked him as a player.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

JPX wrote:Problem with AVB is he's trying too hard to be another Mourinho.

I do not agree with this, Mourinho built a team based on defence, AVB is trying to build one around attack. It is the media comparing the two and trying to make AVB look like a mini-Mourinho not AVB!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 21 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:

I do not agree with this, Mourinho built a team based on defence, AVB is trying to build one around attack. It is the media comparing the two and trying to make AVB look like a mini-Mourinho not AVB!

Agreed, AVB doesn't want the association with Mourinho. It undermines what he's trying to acheive.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon 21 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

King Beer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:

Agreed, AVB doesn't want the association with Mourinho. It undermines what he's trying to acheive.
I wasn't meaning the way the team plays, but his "me against the world" attitude.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by blaineyboy Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

The guy is spot on when he comes to his football analysis, ye he ain't the finished article but how many people would be when they just spent 20years doing a different job.

I used to hate united when they dominated but as I got older and more wiser I can appreciate them now in terms of what a good side they have been are still are. Very few pundits (in respect of their football analysis) are as good as him IMO. Too many united/Neville haters will never get past the fact of who he is and who he played for.

blaineyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

Was very good on Sunday, not a hint of bias which couldn't be said of messers Gray and Keys. Plus, he is quite intelligent (new ground for pundits) and seems to know what he is talking about unlike Hansen and Lawerson who have been phoning in appearances on MOTD for years.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:51 pm

Did anyone watch the Tottenham match last night? Gary's analysis was pretty good again but the commentary was AWFUL! Who was the idiot (Danny something?) in the commentary box?? I almost put the match on mute at one point!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

Yes. So far he's been insightful and unbiased.

I agree that his analysis is better than his commentary, but i've been pleasantly surprised with him so far.

...and i really, really didn't like him beforehand!

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat 26 Nov 2011, 2:42 pm

tactical and technical knowledge excellent. highlights strengths and weaknesses of players, game analysis spot on.
if you watch the players again in another match, they show the same errors as gary has pointed out all over again. we need better coaching in this country, come on gaz!

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 26 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

Ohh come on... AVB trying to be Mourinho? in what way?

AVB is in no way similar. And I'm a massive Mourinho fan.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:17 pm

I usually skip most of MNF (well the first 45 mins of it) but this week i watched most of it and i have to say Neville's analysis of the barca vs madrid game and the tactics barcelona use to win was fantastic. He has suprised me and i hope he keeps up the good work. His opinion on luiz liking him to being controlled by a 10 year old on playstation was spot on in my opinion aswell. luiz is a shocker!

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

I have never had a problem with Gary Neville, he is a Manc through & through and I respect him. I would never hate someone because he represented the team he always supported (my hate is researved for Rooney).

I could never understand all the hype over when he celebrated at Anfield when Rio scored a last minute winner. I would expect the same from Gerrard as a Liverpool supporter.

I also think he has been a great pundit so far, he doesn't seem to have an agenda or point to prove. He just calls is as it is. Fair play.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

I personally dont mind Gary Neville as a pundit, but he doesnt half go on. He can talk for Great Britain! He will get asked a simple question and come out with 4 paragraphs worth of answers! The guy who does Monday Night Football (his name eludes me right now) with him even has to interrupt him some times as the show isnt long enough for it.

But most of the time, he talks sense so for that he wil go down as a good pundit in my book.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 2:40 pm

he was boring last night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 2:50 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:he was boring last night

stick to watching test cricket mate Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2