The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville

3 posters

Go down

Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville Empty Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:31 am

Bonjourno!

For many years now Jamie Carragher has followed a career path simalar to Gary Neville. Now towards the twilight of his career it has become clear that he cant continue to produce in the Premier League anymore like Gary Neville.

The time has come for Liverpools Club Record own goal machine to finally hang up his boots and reflect on his career before he damages Liverpools momentum further this season.

Personally I think he will hang in there until Christmas before he makes the desicion to retire but he only has to look over his shoulder and see the defensivetalent waiting to come in and realise that he is leaving the club in very safe hands. Kind of like when he was with England. He quit the team when he realised he was not going to get into the 1st team anymore. A feat I see happening again. Perhaps a spell at local Tranmere may take him to the end of the season but we shall see.

People say that he will be a future Liverpool manager after his retirement. Personally I see him on a couch in the sky sports studio locking horns with his more successful role model Gary Neville.

Does anybody else feel its time to say goodbye to J.C?

Was he better than G.N?

Will he last the season?

Your thoughts are much apreciated!

Forza Alonso
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville Empty Re: Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:41 am

I think what he lacks in speed these days he still is a very good leader on the pitch. I thought that he still had at least one year left in him, but in the last two games his lack of pace has been exposed and we've conceded two goals because of it.

I think this could very well be the last game he has a first team regular, and I think it's possibly, especially when Gerrard returns that he might even lose his place this year.

I agree that he'll end up as a pundit rather than a manager, and I think I would prefer that, so many times in football we see former players struggle as managers; Roy Keane, Paul Ince etc. If Carra was to ruin his reputation like that it'd be sad, especially if he did it at Liverpool.

A big difference between Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville is that Neville was suffering from lots of injuries and wasn't ever being selected even when fit, so it was basically his time to retire, where as Carra is still being selected for all the games so it wouldn't make sense for him to retire while he still first choice centre-half.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

"Buongiorno"

As much as it pains me to say it, G. Neville was probably that little bit better than our jamie. However, I know which person I would rather spend time with. Can't stand Neville's personality, and would be happy if I never have to see him on TV again. Carragher will probably become involved in the coaching structure at Liverpool. How far he progresses will depend on his ability. Should retire at the end of this season IMO.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down