The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Neville is GONE!

+7
ronin47
Bobby Roode
paul815
Davie
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
Adam D
11 posters

Go down

Gary Neville is GONE! Empty Gary Neville is GONE!

Post by Adam D Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:29 pm

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has announced his retirement from professional football.

Neville, 35, has made 602 appearances for United, with the last of those on New Year's Day in a win at West Brom.

"I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I've ever had," he said.

"I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it's knowing when that time is and for me that time is now."

The right-back signed for United in July 1991 and was part of a side including David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes which won the FA Youth Cup in 1992.

Along with those players, he became a first-team regular at Old Trafford and Neville has won the Champions League, eight Premier League trophies, three FA Cups and two League Cups in his time at United.

"I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to be a part of the team's achievements and the club's great success," said Neville, who has been plagued by injuries in recent seasons.

"There are so many people I want to thank and of course top of that list is Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years, he is truly one of the greatest managers and I have to thank him for that.

"There have also been so many great players that I have had the privilege to train and play along side. The experiences we've shared will be with me for the rest of my life."

He added: "I am looking forward to new experiences and the club will always be a part of my life going forward.

"However, the most important thing now is for the club to continue with the success that is synonymous with Manchester United and I will be supporting them all the way, as a fan."

source BBC Website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9385692.stm

I always hated the guy but I know alot of you will think that he has been a true United Legend.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Gary Neville is GONE! Empty Re: Gary Neville is GONE!

Post by ADMIN Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

So off to take over Andy Gray's job then at Sky Sports?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:08 pm

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :spit:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 02 Feb 2011, 8:10 pm

Hero wrote:So off to take over Andy Gray's job then at Sky Sports?

Jesus I hope not

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by paul815 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:38 am

good riddance, he is a trouble making tip rat! thumbsup

paul815

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby Roode Thu 03 Feb 2011, 11:08 am

Man Utd legend. Not the most likeable chap admittedly but as a United fan it is good to see players with so much passion for the club. Sorry to see you retire Nev but your legs had gone 2 years ago :606laugh:

Bobby Roode

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Thu 03 Feb 2011, 12:43 pm

Top man thumbsup - gave everything (and then a little bit more) for the club and his team-mates.

best of luck to you

ronin48
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Thu 03 Feb 2011, 3:21 pm

LEGDEND! and quite possibly one of, if not the best right back of his generation! Could cross almost as good as Becks but unfortunately could shoot about as well as Ali Dia!
Would love to see him remain with the reds in some way but if not would like to see him comentating on Sky. Can you imagine him doing a Liverpool match and trying to remain unbiased :606laugh: The croud in the background chanting "GARY NEVILLE IS A RED"

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 10 Feb 2011, 5:26 pm

Nev is an absolute legend; what a dedicated professional he has been. I am sorry to see him go, however his best days are way behind him now.

Thanks for everything Gaz Very Happy

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 10 Feb 2011, 5:41 pm

I heard he was so scared of facing Crawley Town in the FA Cup that he packed it in just so he wouldn't be embarrassed on the day :lol:

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun 08 May 2011, 10:48 pm

He has a horrid last couple of year's of his career, should of went when he meant something. Ohwell fair play to the man, he's has a awesome career.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down