The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice?

+4
Fernando
djcc2004
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ADMIN
8 posters

Go down

Which match should main event Mania?

Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap40%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap5%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap15%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap5%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap10%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap0%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap0%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_lcap10%Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Empty Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice?

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

We all know by now that the main event at Wrestlemania next year is Rock v Cena.
The poster boy of the Attitude Era v the poster boy of the PG Era.
When it was announced it was a big deal, one of the few guys that most people for years thought would never return, certainly not to take part in a match, but it's happening.
But is it what we want as a main event?
Is it the best example of past v present or would we clamour much more for Austin v Punk?
Should it not be Undertaker's 20-0 match?
Or even a proper Attitude era blast from the past and have Austin v Rock one more time?

If given the choice what would you have preferred as the main event in Miami?

Last edited by Hero on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Empty Re: Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

Other = Austin v Punk.

Old school attitude v new school attitude. OK

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice? Empty Re: Wrestlemania main event - Is Cena v Rock the right choice?

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Yeah I stupidly just realised I forgot that one as I went to pick it myself!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:42 pm

HHH v Punk. HHH was my favourite of the attitude era and Punk is my favourite now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

wouldnt want to see austin rock, austin HHH or rock HHH again.

my top 3 would be 3. cena v taker, 2. punk v austin 1. rock v cena - because IMO it just has to happen

has anyone else seen the poster thats out for survivor series with rock and cena? and i quote............ " the rock and john cena join forces, never before, never again"

what does this mean? my guess would be they may be on a survior series team 2gether, or a tag match, who knows!

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

That's what is being thought as Rock has tweeted the following:

"I'm not waiting til Wrestlemania 28...

I'm coming to Survivor Series in November and ELECTRIFYING New York City like never before!

TEAM BRING IT - BOOTS TO ASSES."

I'm wondering though who they'll be against?
HHH & Punk?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

Spoiler:

Survivor series Poster

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Rock's face on that looks like Cena just stuck his 'U Can't C Me' hand where the sun don't shine.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

Undertaker v Orton for me as the only person other than superman Cena who i can see taking the streak. Any other Undertaker match for me would have no draw as you would already know that 20-0 was a given.

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

I think it has to be The Rock vs. Cena, it has been something people have been waiting for for years now, from the little digs they've had at each other over the years, to the claims that Cena wants to be The Rock, it really is the battle of the generations. I think although some of the matches are clearly matches we wouldn't turn down, I think Rock vs. Cena is a match which we thought never could happen, while all the others, while unlikely were probably more realistic than this match.

I think some people have gone off the idea of Rock vs. Cena simply because WWE hasn't been very good at building it up so far, I think although at the time I thought it was a good idea announcing it early, it seems to have taken a bit of momentum out of the angle especially with The Rock's absence, but I think it'll pick up close to 'Mania and at least it means WWE actually have to go through with something they planned in advance, unlike what seems to be the case with most of the storylines.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:05 pm

So who will win out of Cena vs Rock then?

surely wwe wont let their poster boy lose at wm?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

fernando wrote:
So who will win out of Cena vs Rock then?

surely wwe wont let their poster boy lose at wm?

I'd love to see a Cena heel-turn and beat The Rock.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 17 Sep 2011, 12:00 am

I'm happy with the Cena vs Rock feud, my next preference would be Taker Cena as that's the 1 credible match Taker has left at mania & Cena is about the only guy on the roster where the result could conceivably be in doubt

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Sat 17 Sep 2011, 1:39 am

whilst i'm here...

ok, cena vs rock, pretty cool.
i'd be surprised if the rock didn't do the job for cena though.

austin vs rock i don't want to see again. i'd have a bad feeling it'd turn out, in comparison to their other matches, like hogan vs warrior part 2. leave austin vs rock where it belongs, 10 years ago.

i've never been a fan of the wwe clinging on to the past. that's what hurt it in the mid 90's and again in the mid 2000's. ok, the rock is a massive draw whilst the wwe is in a bit of a slump. part of me though says "embrace the present" and put the poster boys cena, orton and punk together for a shindig.

undertaker, love him, but he's gotta call it time. jesus i remember him replacing sid in the skyscapers like 20 years back! if he's gonna finally do the job give then it to a company workhorse that's gonna guarenteed be there for a few years (thinking miz or bryan). if they'll (likely) make him 20-0 then i'd say don't bury a future star but instead bring in someone special for a one off. angle, brock, austin, jericho. someone BIG. just please, not mark henry.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down