The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock

+4
psycho-gooner
NickisBHAFC
Shot 21 LCFC
Liam
8 posters

Go down

If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock Empty If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock

Post by Liam Tue 6 Mar - 17:28

Simply if you had the choice who would you go for. Me being a Rock fan, I actually prefer a Austin/Cena match, simply because I think Austin would cut a better promo with Cena as I don't think he would take as much crap as The Rock has done so far. Perhaps more fighting leading up to Mania also.

Liam

Back to top Go down

If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock Empty Re: If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 6 Mar - 17:41

The thing that makes this so interesting is the genuine animosity between The Rock and John Cena. We wouldnt have that with Stone Cold. For that reason I would opt to leave things as they are.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock Empty Re: If you had the choice who would you want to face Cena: SCSA or The Rock

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 6 Mar - 18:02

The Rock 100%

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 6 Mar - 18:24

I'd be alot more interested in a Rock/Punk match. Both from different backgrounds, promos would be epic!

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Tue 6 Mar - 22:11

Rock and Punk would be a terrible idea imo, Punk has a nasty habit at the moment of burying people during promos and with that I think Rock would be let completely off his lead to retaliate. With that situation I could only see Rock burying him as whilst Punk is very good on the mic he is not in Rockys league, after time he maybe but at this current time I don't think he would be good enough to go up against him in a promo war with both being set loose on the mic if you will.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 6 Mar - 22:35

Stonee21 wrote:Rock and Punk would be a terrible idea imo, Punk has a nasty habit at the moment of burying people during promos and with that I think Rock would be let completely off his lead to retaliate. With that situation I could only see Rock burying him as whilst Punk is very good on the mic he is not in Rockys league, after time he maybe but at this current time I don't think he would be good enough to go up against him in a promo war with both being set loose on the mic if you will.

He'd be afforded the same works and protection cena is as he is an active 365 days a year wwe employee.

Rock would absoutely bury Punk if they were allowed to cut loose as even though punk shoots and blurs the lines at least he actually does a promo and reacts properly to them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Tue 6 Mar - 23:52

But this is the thing Ent I could not see Rock ever entering a feud with Punk if he was allowed the same luxuries on the mic he currently has on many of the roster, I just couldn't see Rock accepting it.

So we would have the same kind of promos that are currently happening between Cena and Rock where you have a couple of swear words but pretty tame insults towards each other.

I was just responding to Gooner on why I think a Punk feud would be worse as it would be pretty much the same as we have now except we wouldn't have the kind of animosity we have between Rock and Cena right now.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 7 Mar - 0:06

I pretty much agree with most of what you said, it would be very similar
But without the animosity.

I do think that he would put cm punk over if he was the big star, he is putting over a guy who can barely wrestle and has issues on the mic. So I can't see rock refusing cm punk in order to save face if the situation was different.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 7 Mar - 8:25

To be fair I wouldn't want either Rock or Austin facing Cena. I look at Rock and you can tell by his face that he is finding it hard work with Cena on the mic. No chemistry there what so ever. It is so often the case with Cena that his opponents find it difficult to be some kind of foil because of how wooden his promo's are. Look at when Piper did his pit thing with Cena. It looked like Roddy wanted to slap the taste out his mouth. Look at the chemistry Austin, Rock and HHH had with each other. Could all cut promos and were brilliant at doing so.

Cena is like some massive superhero and it is something that is beyond credible for being the leader of the WWE.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 7 Mar - 10:29

Cena deliver great promos!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 7 Mar - 12:49

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Cena deliver great promos!!!

Great solo promos when he ups his game, got issues when part of a duo.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 7 Mar - 12:59

Stonee21 wrote:Rock and Punk would be a terrible idea imo, Punk has a nasty habit at the moment of burying people during promos and with that I think Rock would be let completely off his lead to retaliate. With that situation I could only see Rock burying him as whilst Punk is very good on the mic he is not in Rockys league, after time he maybe but at this current time I don't think he would be good enough to go up against him in a promo war with both being set loose on the mic if you will.

Rock never buried anyone with a promo?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Wed 7 Mar - 15:20

Hero I never said he hasn't ever buried anyone, what I said is there is no way Rock would ever enter a programme with Punk with how he works on the mic right now, would you honestly expect rock to stand there and let Punk bury him? Would he heck, he would hit back and it would only lead to Rock burying him.

We all know that rock has buried people in the past but I don't get your point? I simply stated there would be nothing different between a Punk/Rock feud and the current Cena/Rock angle. Rock would not go into a feud with Punk being able to say what he wants, he would have to dial it down like Rock has with Cena with the only difference being a lack of real life animosity between Cena and Rock.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down