The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another choke for N.Z on the cards then?

+17
andy powells minder
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Wayne Barnes
sexton_style
Taylorman
Shifty
Ozzy3213
Cymroglan
disneychilly
Biltong
emack2
TheGreyGhost
aucklandlaurie
Knowsit17
chewed_mintie
GunsGerms
tigerleghorn
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another choke for N.Z on the cards then? - Page 2 Empty Another choke for N.Z on the cards then?

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bit of a pattern developing once again then? A.B's cruise through the pool stages only to behave like startled rabbits in a cars headlights once they stroll through to the knock-out rounds?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Another choke for N.Z on the cards then? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another choke for N.Z on the cards then?

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

Interesting point Taylorman, and well made.

Perhaps the Irish are about to usurp NZ with a display of graceless man sausage-suredness, followed by humiliating defeat.

Have to say, it'd be nice to see the Irish pick up the cup if NZ can't.

But as you say, after France have their collective trousers pulled down and the rugby world has an 80 minute laugh at the size of their tackle, unfortunately the spotlight is going to drift away from Ireland's triumph.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Another choke for N.Z on the cards then? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another choke for N.Z on the cards then?

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Sigh. This "if we'd won by a couple more scores" is frankly ridiculous.

Why don't you watch the game again and notice how sweaty palmed the Irish were. Are you seriously trying to re-write this as a one sided rout by a dominant heroic Ireland who beat a hapless Australia into submission and but for the grace of civility didn't pile yet more misery on by, erm, scoring a couple of tries?

It was a close run thing. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Good comments Biltong. The point I was trying to make exactly.

NZ wiped the floor with Australia in Bledisloe I, and then got pelted in the return game. Maybe the result says more about Australia, than Ireland?

Exactly what is your point? When did I say it was a one sided rout. It was a 9 point victory. Are you putting words in my mouth because:

A. you are incapable of debating against points I have made.
B. You are bored.
C. You have the attention span of a gnat.

The point I was making about the ranking points was that in the context of the WC one win can mean a huge shift in points so really they don't mean that much is you are good enough to be one of the top 6 teams but if they mean so much don't forget that very recently Ireland were ranked 4th and SA 3rd prior to the warm up games.

Re SA. If Ireland do meet SA in this WC we will not have to play them in SA so our touring record is irrelevant there and if anything as seen in the game v Oz we will most likely have more travelling support than SA. Our game v Russia is a sell out too.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

I agree with the above their is a huge possibility that New Zealand will choke, they have depth and quality all over the field, but as we all know they still put in some bad performances, shut them down in certain positions, hold onto the ball and cause turnovers, then teams like South Africa with Burger and Brussow and Ireland with O'Brien and Heaslip then New Zealand could bow out.

I was referring to your confused point above. Where you suggest that NZ will "choke" by confusingly being beaten by a team who apparently have a superior back row. I was bemused that your examples were South Africa, who you've later gone on to pillory for being cack and lucky to beat Wales, and Ireland, who are apparently giants of the game now after one win over Australia missing key members of their pack in Moore and Pocock. Aside from beating Australia (well done), Ireland have looked very ordinary especially when they scraped past USA, and lost to England in the warm ups.

It seems that it is you who has the attention span of a gnat. You seem to be debating your own point (whatever it was) by continually contradicting yourself.

Perhaps if you restated your point clearly it would be easier to continue this debate.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

Sorry, but how long is the attention span of a gnat? laughing
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayne Barnes Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

I can honestly see France beating the All Blacks.

Wayne Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Why are you going to referee the match? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

All, just tone back a little on the personals please
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

Sorry boss. Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Wayne Barnes Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

biltongbek wrote:Why are you going to referee the match? Whistle

My esteemed colleague, Mr Alain Rolland will be officiating. A man widely acknowledged as one of the finest referees in the sport.

Wayne Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

Wayne Barnes wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Why are you going to referee the match? Whistle

My esteemed colleague, Mr Alain Rolland will be officiating. A man widely acknowledged as one of the finest referees in the sport.

you didn't whisper any pre concieved ideas into his ear, did you? Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

Don't expect a reply from Wayne Barnes in the very near future Biltong.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

Well you know how it goes Pete, no response is also an answer. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:54 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:

I agree with the above their is a huge possibility that New Zealand will choke, they have depth and quality all over the field, but as we all know they still put in some bad performances, shut them down in certain positions, hold onto the ball and cause turnovers, then teams like South Africa with Burger and Brussow and Ireland with O'Brien and Heaslip then New Zealand could bow out.

I was referring to your confused point above. Where you suggest that NZ will "choke" by confusingly being beaten by a team who apparently have a superior back row. I was bemused that your examples were South Africa, who you've later gone on to pillory for being cack and lucky to beat Wales, and Ireland, who are apparently giants of the game now after one win over Australia missing key members of their pack in Moore and Pocock. Aside from beating Australia (well done), Ireland have looked very ordinary especially when they scraped past USA, and lost to England in the warm ups.

It seems that it is you who has the attention span of a gnat. You seem to be debating your own point (whatever it was) by continually contradicting yourself.

Perhaps if you restated your point clearly it would be easier to continue this debate.

That's all very well Ghost but I didn't make that point. Someone else did. Oh dear.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:56 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:

That's all very well Ghost but I didn't make that point. Someone else did. Oh dear.

I'm afraid you shouldn't expect a reply from the Ghost this week either.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

KRD did you lock the Grey Ghost in his kennel with Horse again?

(sorry only Kiwis/people who've seen Footrot Flats will get it)

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

disneychilly wrote:KRD did you lock the Grey Ghost in his kennel with Horse again?

(sorry only Kiwis/people who've seen Footrot Flats will get it)

Something like that Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:

did you guys ban him again.... come on man! he is fun to hang out with. 🤦
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:

That's alright I actually quite enjoy the contributions of ghost sometimes and the banter and no response is required on this one.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

biltongbek wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:

I agree with Bill, you may have your reasons but I personally wouldn't ban ghost. I enjoy his posts.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:

I agree with Bill, you may have your reasons but I personally wouldn't ban ghost. I enjoy his posts.

come Leinster join me, we will do a justice4ghost thread. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

biltongbek wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:
biltongbek wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:

Ooh ooh, can I make the arm bands................please please...........

thumbsup
free the ghost

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

Thanks andy, knew i could count on you.

Make sure the armbands are in black( he is an all black supporter you know)

and make the wording white and the number 4 black as well.

It will be clear as daylight.

Justice ghost Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Sh*t, hang about, I thought he was a wales supporter.......did I miss something? Ah what the heck, I'll go get my pritt stick out.

I said pritt!

Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

Ha that would be about as pointless as the Justice for Bakkies campaign but I'm with you.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Look Guys, like old MikeyPhil GG can't help himself. I know I've been dinging his bell but that's only because his posts, which do show a depth of knowledge of the game too often slide in to unpleasantness. I fear there may be a pattern of ban reinstated, ban reinstated culminating in a permanent ban like old Mikey and his various incarnations.

At least I can now see that it's not just the English who are on the receiving end of his acidic tongue.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:29 pm

Re: Another choke for N.Z on the cards then?

If, if, this turns out to be true,that New Zealand do Choke...Then it will be another 4 years with out Web Ellis.....NZ are at home surely they will not choke infront of their home crowd?

But this is the RWC after all so iguess anything is possible.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:43 pm

biltongbek wrote:

Sign me up Biltong! Bring back GreyGhost! Kiwi
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

C`mon chaps play the game a Wum ,turning into serious debate not done
old chap.can I play? NZ have a near 74% win stat versus France,a 50/50in RWC.Lost to SA,and Australia in the 3Ns[hardly pelted 5 points with 2 key players injured after 15.].
Australia had key players missing and lost,they have`nt really fired at all except for about 10minutes.Tried to play the wrong game in the conditions,and got on the wrong side of the Referee.
They won the Bok way defence,play for territory,kick goals,Ireland won well.
Before every one gets above them selves.
England,Ireland,South Africa have to win there seperate groups,even if NZ lose it would hardly be choke.Certainly not the end of the world as they will still be in the comp.
DON`T count your chickens before there hatched,as to Boks v Wales and scoring two tries.Boks will play better than that and lose,put whatever gloss you want on it.for much of the game the boks were poor.
Italy say the y are targetting getting out of this group to the knockout stages so don`t take them for granted.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:17 pm

Who is taking Italy for granted? They are probably Irelands toughest pool opponents!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

roddersm wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

We don't normally discuss bans in public, but GG has a week off - the bickering between him and Great White was getting tiresome and both ignored repeated warnings to ignore each other. Personally I quite enjoy some of GG's more reasoned comments, and hope we see more of them next week.

And "Wayne Barnes" was a Great White alter ego.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

So Great White was to blame for our RWC exit last time Kiwi?

Sorry, it would´ve been what GG wanted.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

Justice4Ghost OK
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

bet hes peeved to be missing his match, I'd love to see what his posts would've been on sunday if they lost against the french

Very Happy

as for 'barnsey' a bit obvious really thumbsup

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
roddersm wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

We don't normally discuss bans in public, but GG has a week off - the bickering between him and Great White was getting tiresome and both ignored repeated warnings to ignore each other. Personally I quite enjoy some of GG's more reasoned comments, and hope we see more of them next week.

This is pretty funny. Bickering between Ghost and Wayne Barnes. I love it. Didn't realise you could change your name.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
roddersm wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

Well I for one am very disappointed that Ghost has received another ban, he seems to be the Bakkies Botha of 606v2, and neither of them are that bad. I expect GG to be a rather intelligent specimen of the human race who's intellectual wit is only outdone by the tenacity he shows when confronted with an argument that suits his passions for wit and sarcasm.

I do understand you guys have a responsibility to all the posters on here, but feel that Ghost is being dealt with in a manner not sitting well with me.

Anyway I have said my piece and will now move smartly along
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 20 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Don´t worry Biltong. Wasn´t really so much a thread as a doodle area for posters to express what is on their minds.

I fancy an icecream followed closely by a nice refreshing g & t. Madrid Septembers are absolute rippers. Not too hot but certainly not in any way cold.

I´ve said my piece, had a little doodle, now off for some helado and a well-earned drink. Good post Tiger.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:34 pm

TheGG, there is already a thread on this forum discussing Wayne Barnes. I will shortly be moving this comment there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2