The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me'

5 posters

Go down

'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me' Empty 'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me'

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

I have to say, Floyd is getting pretty good with these epigrams. Who saw the final presser yesterday? What you think. Havent got link but if you're boxingscene member you can watch it there.

Cannot wait for Saturday, love big fight nights. I am even over (almost) Matthysse pulling out

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me' Empty Re: 'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me'

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

Afternoon Sean, I've not seen said link but will have a look see. I'm not over the matthysse drop out as being a massive JMM fan I was hoping he would get that 4th weight title first (for a Mexican) instead Morales gets gifted it

no-mas

Back to top Go down

'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me' Empty Re: 'If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather I believe in me'

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

me neither really no mas but i am looking to the main event as a cure. Morales Matthysse would have stolen the show IMO, now were fed south american taxi beater upper, but alas, at least we have a great (ish) card.

Like me i know you love JMM, sadly he is doing it the hard way

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

Although unlikely I hope JMM pulls it off, I think he can, just hope the judges don't screw him over (again) look how clueless manny became when mosely kept his right hand on his chin.

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

After the stiffing he got (in my eyes, i know they were close but he definately deserves to be at least 1-1) in the first fight (2nd was impossible to score in my view) i'd love to see him do it

Sadly i can't see him lasting as he's been going hell for leather with lightweights and having some big scary moments along the way. Can't see him winning against a bigger and better version of a guy he went life and limb with back in his 100% prime.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

coxy0001 wrote:After the stiffing he got (in my eyes, i know they were close but he definately deserves to be at least 1-1) in the first fight (2nd was impossible to score in my view) i'd love to see him do it

Sadly i can't see him lasting as he's been going hell for leather with lightweights and having some big scary moments along the way. Can't see him winning against a bigger and better version of a guy he went life and limb with back in his 100% prime.

I agree with your assessment but just to be optimistic manny has only fought mainly slow plodders since JMM so it will be interesting to see how he handles someone who can move and punch

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Still feel Manny is vunerable to counter punchers. This will, I feel make this quite an untidy fight that is again difficult to score and if no KO a controversial result.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

Thing is Marquez has been increasingly easy to hit, especially early on. He had huge issues with Casa, Diaz (1st time round), Katsidis early on

Think if Manny takes him out it could well be early as he's never been a quick starter (even FMJ decked him) and Manny is punching much harder than when they met all those years ago.

Having just checked Pacquioa inside 3 is 15/2!!!!!!! Amazing odds, will be having 20 on that

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

Where is that coxy? Also about the early stoppage I think JMM will expect this and ride it out, at least I'm hoping he does

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Is from Skybet

Thing is i'm not sure JMM can resist trading, usually tries to fire back. Can sadly see him suffering his first KO loss of his career

Defo be having 20 on Rs1-3 though, is the only sensible bet barring just backing Manny for £10k @ 1/10 for £1k back, which doesn't seem sensible

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Is from Skybet

Thing is i'm not sure JMM can resist trading, usually tries to fire back. Can sadly see him suffering his first KO loss of his career

Defo be having 20 on Rs1-3 though, is the only sensible bet barring just backing Manny for £10k @ 1/10 for £1k back, which doesn't seem sensible

Well what else am I supposed to do with the extra 10k I have lying around? Are there any decent odds on an upset that will tempt you?

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

Don't tend to back upsets as such

I have on with guys who are the perceived underdog before, but knowhere nearing this level. Last time i won with an underdog bet was actually on Manny vs DLH, from memory had something like 50 on DLH to win under 9 and once the weigh-in was done (and saw DLH come in 2lbs light and look awful) stuck a fair bit more than that on Manny

If i were to back an upset, if you tied me down and made me do it then it'd be Marquez by PTS.. which is 11/1 (skybet) - you can get much bigger odds on a UD/MD/SD etc

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

Cheers mate Hug will look into it

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

i cant se marquez alsting the distance. the weight will be too much and by that i mean even if JMM can fight well at 144, the power of Manny will just grind him down. Botttom line is he is jumping near 10 pounds and fighting who is in my eyes the 2nd best figther on the planet

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

I just hope primetime don't pick it up and I have to pay £15 to watch a massacre.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

Surely even after all this time, Marquez has Manny's number. Marquez knows this, we know this, Roach knows this and, more importantly, Manny knows this. Is he going to risk going for an early KO with a man who has repeatedly countered his a$$ off and who, given the opportunity, will most likely do it again?

Perhaps the Mosley fight was a blip but I believe Manny has fallen out of love with the sport and if he's not at his best (which personally I think was against Cotto) then Marquez will cause him problems. Sadly Marquez isn't the force he once was and, as mentioned above, seems to be shipping too much these days, but I still believe Manny will have their first two fights gnawing away at the back of his mind.

Manny is still the main attraction and there's too much at risk (namely a fight with Floyd) for Marquez to get the nod if it goes to the cards. I think it will be close but I believe Marquez gets royally screwed...again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

i agree Mannys best performace was Cotto. JMM is not who he once was, he is still great at LW but at 144, i think Manny might be declining also but at 144 this fight just suits him. I also think he will focus more as a result of the rivalry between the two. Manny ko for me

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

Not so sure about Manny being focused for this one. he's spend the last few years doing everything BUT taking on Marquez which suggests that neither he or Roach want anything to do with JMM. Yes, we all know Manny has a penchant for fighters who are on the slide and JMM is certainly that, but I still think Manny was forced into this fight by virtue of Floyd's retirement, the fact JMM kept on winning and perhaps the fact that, as time goes on, more and more people seem to be coming round the the opinion that Marquez was robbed in at least one of their fights. (Get one of your non-boxing mates and show them either of those two fights without letting them know the result and ask them who you think gets the nod. It's surprising how many believe it goes to Marquez)

With my luck, Manny will put on a career best performance and Marquez will look as old as Holyfield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down