The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???

+15
TopHat24/7
Super D Boon
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
gab
compelling and rich
Rowley
BALTIMORA
Steffan
bhb001
oxring
88Chris05
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is being religious good or bad for Boxers??? - Page 3 Empty Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yes
----
1. It can make you not worry about dying and let you go the extra yard
2. Make you more disciplined in life generally..
3. Can make you more goal-focused.

No
---
1. Might make you feel when you are under the kosh (like that word) that it's God's will you are destined o lose..
2. Might make you lack the killer-instinct....
3. Make you more likely to be duped by unscrupulous people.......because you tend to see the good in people more..or you are supposed too anyway!!

Sure are other arguments to be made but is being religious generally a good or bad thing for Boxers..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is being religious good or bad for Boxers??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

Joke...

you or your post..clarify!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Is being religious good or bad for Boxers??? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is being religious good or bad for Boxers???

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Joke...

you or your post..clarify!!! Cool

Whichever make you feel comfortable, big guy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:maybe........Scotty

Religion can be whatever you make it... and it's as important as you want it to be..

like Balti said though there are a lot of people who think that by spending a few minutes in confession with a soft Priest... it cleanses the vile views they spout...and hypocrisy is rife!!
So it sounds like you are religious because you want it to be true, rather than you believe it to be true?

Like anything, it's how you adapt it to your life. You can be a good/bad person with/without religion.

I do find it interesting though, bit random but we used to have some long chats with the religious guys after a night out at the student union.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:29 pm

Every religious person suffers a crisis of faith every so often...

You're right not easy believing when the facts aren't always on your side.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

Don't most wars have origins in religion?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

War, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again

Edwin Starr

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

rowley wrote:War, HUH, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again

Edwin Starr

Corrected for you jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:37 pm

Couldn't decide how to spell HUH or whether it would come across with enough emphasis in print, am still not certain.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

War, HUHwhat is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

rowley wrote:Couldn't decide how to spell HUH or whether it would come across with enough emphasis in print, am still not certain.

I was going to go with bold and italics. Do you think I should have? I was worried it would be too much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Scott's post came in just before I hit send, but he has inadvertently joined in on the joke.

Good work Scotty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Couldn't decide how to spell HUH or whether it would come across with enough emphasis in print, am still not certain.

I was going to go with bold and italics. Do you think I should have? I was worried it would be too much.

Reading Scott's post above I personally think it works

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Didn't bother to read all the comments before posting, but as this comment of mine wasn't laughed at I consider it a successful contribution! Phew!
Have read "The God Delusion," and whilst he makes some very salient points Dawkins is ultimately intolerant ,this is my feeling.No need to put down other people's deeply felt views.
Personally I kind of envy the believers, cos it does seem to help them; I feel that you're either the type who has that "gene" ,or you don't.
There is a good book written by "Ludovic Kennedy" called "All in the Mind",Jeff which explores god's various forms, from the times we were afraid of the weather and decided that it must be god expressing his anger! A right good read.Though possibly rare now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

rowley wrote:

Reading Scott's post above I personally think it works

I feel bad now. Shoudl have gone with my gut instinct.

Truss will think I am a joke now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

I had a teacher called Miss War, although it was spelt Waugh and pronounced Phwoooaaarrr!!!!

Carry on...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

Union Cane wrote:I had a teacher called Miss War, although it was spelt Waugh and pronounced Phwoooaaarrr!!!!

Carry on...

Reminds of the famous Australian cricketing brothers Steve and Mark. Pre 2001, Mark was known as Afghan.....the forgotten Waugh!

Brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

Andy agree about the God Delusion, also really winds me up why people wear their aetheism and agreement with Dawkins as some sort of badge of intellectual superiority, they almost work the same as D4 does with Manny, find myself not wanting to support or agree with them such is the sheer persistence in their views.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Reminds of the famous Australian cricketing brothers Steve and Mark. Pre 2001, Mark was known as Afghan.....the forgotten Waugh!

Brilliant.

That is number two in my Top Ten sporting nicknames, surpassed only by 'One-Size' Fitz Hall.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

Union Cane wrote:I had a teacher called Miss War, although it was spelt Waugh and pronounced Phwoooaaarrr!!!!

Carry on...

Reminds of the famous Australian cricketing brothers Steve and Mark. Pre 2001, Mark was known as Afghan.....the forgotten Waugh!

Brilliant.

Mark Waugh : F**k me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here, there's no way you're good enough to play for England.
James Ormond : Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

Carry on...

Brilliant.

There is the famous sledge by some English cricketer, when he came out to bat Mark Waugh said to him something along the lines of dear god are you really good enough to play for England? To which he responded, maybe not but at least I'm the best player in my family.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

Balls Sean, when I get them another message has been posted really should read them

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

We already know, Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:50 pm

Agreed Union. John Eales was another good one. He was know as "nobody" because "nobodies perfect".

Those Aussie larikins sure come up with some good nicknames.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Don't most wars have origins in religion?

Unless the US or UK is involved. Then its all about the oil

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Nothing better than coming across a pro cricketers brother. You can have hours of fun with their inferiority complex.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Don't most wars have origins in religion?

Unless the US or UK is involved. Then its all about the oil

We are having fun here Steffan. Go away Captain Sensible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Union Cane wrote:We already know, Jeff.

Did anyone notice where I left my coat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

Reminds me when I had an idea for a title of a thread, (Alan Partridge-like),without a decent argument (for once), and posted it anyway. It was called "W.B.O. HuH What is it good For?". Doggone crazy days.My marriage dissolved shortly afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

andygf wrote:Reminds me when I had an idea for a title of a thread, (Alan Partridge-like),without a decent argument (for once), and posted it anyway. It was called "W.B.O. HuH What is it good For?". Doggone crazy days.My marriage dissolved shortly afterwards.

Is anyone else getting a bit worried about andy?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Union Cane wrote:
andygf wrote:Reminds me when I had an idea for a title of a thread, (Alan Partridge-like),without a decent argument (for once), and posted it anyway. It was called "W.B.O. HuH What is it good For?". Doggone crazy days.My marriage dissolved shortly afterwards.

Is anyone else getting a bit worried about andy?

That's the beauty of having an imaginary wife isn't it Union, they can't leave you

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

rowley wrote:That's the beauty of having an imaginary wife isn't it Union, they can't leave you

I have a real one. Why will nobody believe me?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

What payment plan did you take out on her?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

Scottrf wrote:What payment plan did you take out on her?

Careful.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:What payment plan did you take out on her?

I didn't even realise that advert was on here long enough for anyone to buy one

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Nothing better than coming across a pro cricketers brother.

That's a new low Sean. Even for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

I don't want to come over all Mother Theresa, but can we talk about religion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

andygf wrote:I don't want to come over all Mother Theresa

Erm
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:07 pm

andygf wrote:I don't want to come over all Mother Theresa, but can we talk about religion?

To be fair Andy we are discussing Union having a wife that is a leap of faith as big as any religious believer has to take

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:07 pm

andygf wrote:I want to come over Mother Theresa

You're sick.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

You're sick.

You'd have to take the lid off and everything, far too much hassle.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

Union Cane wrote:

You're sick.

You'd have to take the lid off and everything, far too much hassle.

I wouldn't even know where to start looking? New Delhi?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I wouldn't even know where to start looking? New Delhi?

Calcutta might be a better bet.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

Yes,where is she buried? Her death didn't trouble the world as much as that dizzy plank Diana's did.Elton wrote a song about it, "Sandals in the Bin", but it didn't even chart.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

That horrible waste of DNA and oxygen Jade Goody got more sympathy and press coverage when she died than Mother Theresa.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

rowley wrote:War, what is it good for, absolutely nothing, say it again

Edwin Starr

Movies, videogames and technological advancement. Also, those 'Commando' comic adventure books 'for boys'. They were ace. ACHTUNG!!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:That horrible waste of DNA and oxygen Jade Goody got more sympathy and press coverage when she died than Mother Theresa.

Mother Teresa was a horrible mean old cow, by all accounts.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Don't think she was mean, but she was very driven and focused at times which, when you're a leader with the ability to give millions of money to worthwhile causes but don't want to, can lead you to think "that Mother Tereasa is a bit on the grumpy side"

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

Dave, I've read stuff about her that ain't nice.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

Go on Balti, you cant libel the dead.

Also, sandals in the bin made me laugh very much.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Dave, I've read stuff about her that ain't nice.

I've read Elvis is still alive and man didn't land on the moon. Doesn't make it so. Although personally I like to believe the Elvis one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next