The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED

+4
JDizzle
Mad for Chelsea
Liam_Main
Gregers
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED - Page 2 Empty Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED

Post by Gregers Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Please place your votes and a sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 1 Matches

Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Indians win toss

Match 2 - Kochi Tuskers vs Delhi Daredevils - Tuskers win toss

Match 3 - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Royal Challengers win toss

Match 4 - Chennai Super Kings vs Pune Warriors - Super Kings win toss

Match 5 - Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals - Royals win toss

Votes from:
Liam (RCB)
CF (DC)
JDizzle (PW)
MFC (KXIP)
GG (RR)
FOF (CSK)
Shanky (KKR)
Sainty (DD)
Gregers (MI)
ITFL (KT)

Last edited by Gregers on Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 5 times in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:02 pm

FoF

Rajasthan are bowling first against Kings XI...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 1 - Voting - ALL COACHES VOTED

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I know mate. Just to clarify, I haven't used 'win by 3 wickets' etc, I am just stating the margin between the teams to highlight if it was close or not. Hope that makes sense?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Mumbai win by 5 runs.The rest of the batsmen look clueless against Steyn and Lee but a Tendulkar masterclass takes them to 150 with Tendulkar scoring 80.
Deccan in reply start strongly with Dilshan taking the seamers apart.But Pollard gets the breakthrough.And he alongwith Harby keep the run rate down in the middle.There is a late assault but the class of Malinga and Gul at the death proves too much in the end.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:26 pm

Delhi win by 20 runs.Tremlett cuts through the Delhi top order on a seaming track.Sehwag and Warner have no answer.Tamim and Taylor put up a fight and a James Taylor fifty takes them to 150.Anderson gets rid of Mahela early on and the rest of the line up just cant put up a fight against Delhi's pace battery.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Pune win by 4 runs.Pune post 140 thanks despite a top order collapse thanks to the brilliance of Angelo Mathews.None of the CSK batsmen apart from Hussey are able to cope with the pace of Tait and swing of PK as Pune run riot with the new ballon a bouncy pitch.Hussey and Dhoni put up a fight but in the end fall short thanks to some intelligent bowling by Praveen Kumar.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Votes.

Match 1 – Mumbai vs. Deccan – Going to say a Mumbai win here, in my opinion there’s a large gul between the two selected sides and in Gul and Malinga, Mumbai have bowlers who could win them the game easily. Deccan’s bowling unit could cause trouble for the Indian’s batting order, but their batting looks flimsy in comparison, MUMBAI by a good 30 runs.

Match 2 – Kochi vs. Delhi – No vote.

Match 3 – RCB vs. Kolkata – By far the hardest one to call. Both sides are prepared for the conditions but think the RCB might just shade this one despite a gallant effort by Kolkata’s long order and spinners, RCB by under 10 runs.

Match 4 – Chennai vs. Pune – Yet another close call but think home advantage and a superior t20 attack will see Chennai through this one. Bowling first, Chennai will put Pune under pressure and despite a couple of breezy contributions, the Warriors will struggle in bowler friendly conditions. Chennai’s batting should see them home, CHENNAI by 4/5 wickets.

Match 5 – Kings XI vs. Rajhastan – Close once more, Kings XI probably have the stronger attack but bowling first could be key, Johnson, Watson and Junaid will be handfuls for the Royals and could put the skids on the Punjab innings. That said, Rajhastan’s order after the top 3 isn’t as imposing so am going to say that the King’s may nick this one. – KINGS XI

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:48 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Pune win by 4 runs.Pune post 140 thanks despite a top order collapse thanks to the brilliance of Angelo Mathews.None of the CSK batsmen apart from Hussey are able to cope with the pace of Tait and swing of PK as Pune run riot with the new ballon a bouncy pitch.Hussey and Dhoni put up a fight but in the end fall short thanks to some intelligent bowling by Praveen Kumar.

Not sure I've seen 'brilliance' and 'Angelo Mathews' in the same sentence before Very Happy He is decent, nothing special, though.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:50 pm

He could be something special, as of yet he's not though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Certainly has the all-round capabilities. Very inconsistent in his performances with both bat and ball though really, and needs to add that element to his game before he is more widely recognised.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm

What he has shown though is match-winning performances if he can keep the coming with that bit more consistency he could be a star.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Match 1 - My match

Match 2 - Kochi by 4 wickets (2 balls to spare)
Kochi winning the toss was key as it allowed RP Singh, Vinay Kumar and Tremlett to terrorize the Delhi top order. Sehwag and Iqbal both fell cheaply against the irregular bounce. Taylor then played beautifully, scoring 70.N.O, but no one stayed with him. The Daredevils getting to 135-8. The Kochi innings got off to a bad start when Hughes skied his first shot. McCullum then accelerated but also fell cheaply. Taylor and Jayawardene steadied the innings before Taylor looked to accelerate and fell for 30. Mahela played the captains innings with the wickets falling around him before R.P Singh was left to face the last over. He sneaked a single before Mahela hit the winning runs.

Match 3 - KKR won by 20 runs
The KKR top order dominated early on with Gayle and Kallis smashing their way to 48-0 off of the powerplay. Gayle fell to Bishoo but Gambhir is one of the best players in the world against spin. Kallis fell short of his 50 before Gambhir was joined by another great player of spin in Morgan. These two then batted through. The RCB innings got off to a good start but they never got ahead of the rate. Both Ojha and Shakib were sensational and spun their way through the heart of the RCB batting line up. A minor revival from Hussey and Broad wasn't enough to save the game and they came up 20 runs short.

Match 4 - CSK by 5 wickets (1 ball to spare)
A game dominated by the seam attacks with the enigmatic duo of Southee and Nannes swaying it in the Super Kings favour. Bowling first helped CSK as it meant that they could restrict the Pune score although Yuvraj and Rahane had a great time against the infective Afridi whose leg spinners sat up very nicely on this surface. The CSK chase started badly as Tait proving too good for Afridi but the lack of another genuinely quick bowler really hurt Pune as Raina, Vijay and Hussey knocked the runs off of Mathews, Swann and Unadkat. Tait returned and cleaned up Raina, Srikkath and Morkel before Dhoni and Hussey saw their team home.

Match 5 - RR by 2 wickets (Off the last ball)
The toss was the key moment in the game which allowed Watson and Johnson to terrorize Ganguly and Davies. Davies was found out by the swinging ball. KP then played a great innings smashing his way to 50 but unfortunately for the Kings XI he was not well supported. Umar Akmal, Karthik and Chitnis all struggled against Junaid Khan and then Warne. They got themselves to 145-9 after a cameo from RTD. KP batted through to the 19th over scoring a brilliant 85 but fell to a Johnson inswinging yorker. The Royals run chase saw Watson fall early to Clarke who was brilliant in the conditions. Dravid knocked the ball around nicely allowing Ponting to show his class as he hit out from his end. The medium pacers from the Kings XI did a good job with RTD picking up both Dravid and Ponting. The Royals just scraped across the line with Warne hitting the winning runs off the last ball.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Mumbai v Deccan
Mumbai get solid runs with Prior chipping in with a 34 while Tendulkar reached 60. Their bowling ripped Deccan’s batting apart with Gul taking a four wicket haul
Mumbai by 27 runs
Motm: Umar Gul

Kolkata v Bangalore
Don’t see much in the bowling attacks but feel that Kolkata’s batting line up will do better against spin.
Kolkata by 15 runs
Motm: Yusuf Pathan

Chennai v Pune
Think Chennai look real strong everywhere. I don’t think Pune will bat well against Chennai’s attack with only Yuvrav offering resistance. Chennai batting was superb with Dhoni’s 18 in 7 balls winning with 14 balls left.
Chennai by 5 wickets
Motm: Shahid Afridi

Punjab v Rajasthan
Perhaps the most exciting game of the week, Kings XI make a big total with Akmal, KP and Ganguly all contributing over 40. Chasing a score near to 200 Rajasthan had to go for it and it ended up badly as they were all out for 160, only Dravid making a nice contribution.
Punjab by 34 runs
Motm: KP

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:10 pm

What happens now then? Now that all the coaches have voted do we put the results up?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:11 pm

I'll work out the results at some point this evening

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks guys, enjoyed reading everyones predictions, and making my own predictions. T'was good fun.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:13 pm

So do people want 2 games a week? Given its Tuesday and we've already done the first week!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Stumped as to how I've lost that one truth be told...

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:21 pm

I thought you'd win comfortably.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Who won the 4th and 5th matches?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 pm

CSK beat Pune. Sad

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Unlucky mate, I thought you had won
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:25 pm

It was very close I think. Quite interesting though, I can see why people picked CSK... I just think they are totally wrong. Wink Well played though Fists!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Surprised people thought my top order would fold so easily, I think personally that they're so good they'd be able to cope in the conditions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

I got trumped something like 6-2!
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I just think that this week has shown us how much conditions will effect people's views on the games. It really will place a paramount on squad depth and variation!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I havent yet voted on the Rajasthan vs Punjab game.
Punjab ride on KP to get to 150.Watson and Mitch bowl well to restrict them to 150.Watson and Dravid produce a sensational opening partnership to win the game for Rajasthan
MoM:Watson

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Sainty wrote:Surprised people thought my top order would fold so easily, I think personally that they're so good they'd be able to cope in the conditions.

I think I backed you to win, Sainty, obviously not in the majority, though!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 pm

JDizzle wrote:It was very close I think. Quite interesting though, I can see why people picked CSK... I just think they are totally wrong. Wink Well played though Fists!

Thanks mate, was a very tight game, and quite even on paper given the conditions. I think the fact that I had 2 world class fast bowlers probably made the difference, in comparison to your one. Also, Mike Hussey, whose technique caters for pretty much any conditions.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 pm

not suprised i lost, i made my batting order weaker to accomdate my quick bowlers for this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2