The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted

+4
Liam_Main
GG
Mad for Chelsea
Gregers
8 posters

Go down

Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted Empty Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted

Post by Gregers Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:13 am

Please place your votes and a sentence explaining why. Obviously do not vote on your own match!

Week 2 Matches

Match 1 - Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Daredevils win toss

Match 2 - Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings - Super Kings win toss

Match 3 - Pune Warriors vs Kochi Tuskers - Warriors win toss

Match 4 - Deccan Chargers vs Kings XI Punjab - Kings XI win toss

Match 5 - Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians - Royal Challengers win toss

Coaches voted:

CF
GG
Liam
Shanky
MFC
FOF
ITFL
Gregers
JDizzle
Sainty

Last edited by Gregers on Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:54 am; edited 3 times in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted Empty Re: Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:28 am

Match 1- delhi vs kkr- Delhi win, i think batting first is crucial, and also delhi's spinners can control the run rate, while the quicks apply some pressure

Match 2- Rajasthan vs Chennai, Chennai win, i think Chennai, can pile on the runs, and then let the spinners do the damage, also chennai, have part time bowlers that can be used if needed.

Match 3- Pune vs Kochi- Pune win- Pune's bowling attack suited to bowling second on that pitch

Match 4- Deccan vs kings- obviosuly cant vote :/

Match 5- RCB vs Mumbai- Toughest game to call, However i think mumbai have enough batting to get a good score, and the bowling attack is world class.

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted Empty Re: Week 2 - Voting - All Coaches Voted

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:42 am

CF, toss didn't matter in our game anyway did it? you were batting first and I bowled first...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:44 am

true lol, my votes are first in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

Not quite sure how to vote for match 1 yet, the others are pretty clear in my mind. Votes will be up shortly I guess...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

the toughest one for me was rcb vs mumbai.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Match 1 - Kolkata win. KKR have a stronger side overall and I see Delhi's top three struggling against Harris and Bresnan.

Match 3 - Pune win. Pune's side suits the conditions more and Kochi's batting orde is slightly strange.

Match 4 - Punjab win. Punjab are able to restrict Deccan's relatively weak batting order before getting home as their batsmen have time to get their eye in due to a lack of scoreboard pressure.

Match 5 - Bangalore win. RCB have more quality throughout their line up and I see Tendulkar, Nash and Sharma sstruggling against explosive opening bowling pair in Johnson and Broad. De Villiers will guide RCB home with an excellent innings.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

Match 1- KKR win. Comes down to the better batting attack and I think KKR just edge that. Pitch tailor made for Gayle, Morgan and Pathan. Bresnan and Harris doing enough to hold off Dehli's batters.

Match 2- Super Kings win. Chennai with the better spinners which I think is crucial

Match 3- Pune win. Easiest match to call on, strange order from Kochi and Pune look all-round better. Swann being the vital player.

Match 4- Kings XI win. Deccan's batting not quite good enough to chase the total Kings XI put on.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 17 Sep 2011, 8:41 am

Very close games though..
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

Chennai Win.I said the toss was crucial on a turning pitch.And Chennai have won the toss.They have enough batting to post 150.Dravid plays a blinder but not enough as Mendis bowls Chennai to victory.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Pune win.The easiest match of all.They are just a better side.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

Kings XI win.Zaheer and Woakes will cut through Deccan's brittle batting order on a green top and roll them over under 120.Steyn will get rid of the openers early but KP will play a blinder to take Kings XI home in a close low scoring affair.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:25 am

Now comes the tough one.I think RCB have a more quality overall but Mumbai have some individual brilliance in the form of Malinga and Tendulkar.

Tough one.Here is my prediction.
Broad to get rid of Tendulkar early.Mumbai struggle but Rohit takes them to 140.RCB start poorly but De Villiers and Marh steady the ship and take Bangalore to a victory.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:30 am

i can see another 8-0 defeat looming Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

There's only been 3 votes, don't be negative
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 17 Sep 2011, 9:58 am

Match 1: Delhi win. The Delhi top three fire, and get them off to an explosive start, and the momentum carries them through the innings, despite a fine spell of death bowling by Bresnan, as they post a big score. In reply, Gayle gets KKR off to a great start, but once he falls wickets start to tumble regularly and despite a valiant effort from Morgan they fall short.

Match 2: Chennai win. Batting first with a star-studded line-up they post a big score despite Shane Warne's best efforts, with Raina firing on all cylinders. Their spinners then take control and RR end up 20 runs short.

Match 3: Pune win. Their batting line-up oozes class and Kochi don't have enough seamers to take advantage of the greenish conditions. Pune post a big score and defend it comfortably with the help of their good bowling attack and a strange batting order for Kochi.

Match 4: my match Very Happy

Match 5: RCB win. Johnson and Broad take advantage of the inconsistent bounce to make some early inroads and are backed up by an able performance from the spinners. Tendulkar produces a fine innings, but Pujara aside no one can stay with him long enough and Mumbai end up below par. RCB see off the opening spells of Gul and Malinga with minimal damage and De Villiers guides them home despite a late scare as Malinga returns and grabs another hattrick.

Matches 1 and 5 were close calls, match 5 especially really went down to the conditions (I think Johnson and Broad would exploit the uneven bounce better than Gul and Malinga who aren't really "hit the deck" bowlers)

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 17 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

Match 1 - KKR to win. I feel that both teams have the batting to post a big score, but the KKR bowling is of a slightly higher quality and therefore should do a better job restricting the batsmen. Very tight game.

Match 2 - No vote.

Match 3 - I'm going to back Kochi to win this one, purely due to their spin attack. I feel Pune have the better batsmen, and Swann would obviously be dangerous, but he isn't ably supported, whereas Kochi have good quality spin from a few different angles.

Match 4 - Kings to win this one, for me. Better all-round bowling attack, despite Steyn and Tahir being very dangerous, and I feel they're slightly more suited to this pitch, with part timers like Collingwood playing a big part.

Match 5 - I'm going to back RCB. Have a feeling that the inconsistent bounce will suit Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Broad perfectly, though I expect it to be very close as Gul and Malinga will cause plenty of problems of their own. Very difficult decision, this one.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

How many more to vote?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

duno but im losing badly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

What is it, 4-0?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

Sainty, ITFL, Gregers, JDizzle still to vote.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

Kolkata
Chennai
Kings
Bangalore

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Match 1 - Daredevils by 8 runs

The toss in the first game is key, Aaron Finch and James Taylor sharing a great partnership with both making 70+ and getting the Daredevils to a great score of 198-3. In response the Kolkata batting effort starts well with Gayle dominating but Ray Price bowled sensationally picking up 4-27 in his 4 overs. In the end the scoreboard pressure was too large and the Knight Riders fell just short.

Match 2 - Chennai by 25 runs

Batting first was key again for Chennai. Mike Hussey played exceptionally after Chennai lost Vijay early, going onto make 65. Raina showed how dangerous he is launching the ball to all regions. Warne led the Royals from the front taking 3for. In response Ajmal, Afridi and Mendis spun the heart out of the Royals chase. Ross Taylor was brilliant however.

Match 3 - Pune Warriors by 15 runs

Again the toss was crucial. Pune managed to post a very competitive total. The Kochi spinners bowled very well however the lack of a second seamer hurt them. In response Pune's medium pace bowlers were the key with Kumar, Mathews and Razzaq taking 2 wickets each. Kochi shouldn't be disheartened though as they got a lot closer to the target than many teams in the IPL would have got given the conditions. Eventually they fell 15 runs short with Swann clearing up the tail.

Match 4 - Deccan by 3 runs

A very close game and one where Deccan only managed 117 in the first innings. A very hard pitch to bat on. The Kings XI chase started badly with Ganguly, KP and Akmal falling to Steyn on a pitch where he excelled. Karthik and Collingwood managed to get the innings back on track. When both fell in one over to Tahir the innings fell apart and even with a late order blast from RTD Deccan just got across the line.

Match 5 - My match

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

KKR to win - I think the slow, sluggish nature of the pitch suits KKR's bowling attack better, ie. Morkel relies on bounce for DD. Then Gayle and Morgan have the class to chase down a decent total relatively easily.

CSK to win - The RR restrict CSK to a score that they would feel comfortable chasing after stopping the innings with some brilliant death bowling. But then the three spinners of CSK come into play, and they have too much quality.

Kings XI win - Deccan get upto a par score thanks to a superb innings from Dilshan, but then Kings XI see of Steyn and pick off the other bowlers with ease to get home with an over to spar.

RCB to win - Broad gets Sachin early on which takes the sting out of the Mumbai innings and they fall short of a par score. RCB pick of the runs methodically and win it before the death bowling of Malinga and Gul can have to much effect on them.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

Chennai to win - Their spin attack will shackle Rajhastans reply despite Dravid pushing them close.

Pune to win - Look better bowling second.

Kings XI to win - Better looking team for the conditions.

RCB to win a titanic tussle, Broad to get Sachin early doors and put immediate pressure on Mumbai!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down