The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gavin Henson

+16
RuckingFlanker86
maestegmafia
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
nottins
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mckay1402
BATH_BTGOG
cabbagesandbrussels
Thomond
beshocked
GLove39
Cymroglan
RubyGuby
Gatts
ML
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gavin Henson - Page 2 Empty Gavin Henson

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

After this ridiculous show on Channel Five (The Bachelor) have we now come to the point where Mr Henson is to no longer be respected?

Back to top Go down

Gavin Henson - Page 2 Empty Re: Gavin Henson

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

I think he's probably the most popular rugby player in the NH actually - As for egos, didn't you ever get fed up of the life size posters of Johnny and Jonno in M&S Very Happy

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

Could you explain why Henson is popular in Wales?

Jonny Wilkinson and Martin Johnson have such huge egos don't they?

You always hear about them getting drunk on trains,causing huge amount of controversy at every club they are at,their gallons of fake tan are famed throughout the galaxy, they make ludicrous adverts for Bingo companies,they turn up on reality tv shows frequently, see Peter Andre as a role model.....

Oh wait...that's not Jonny Wilkinson and Martin Johnson....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think he's probably the most popular rugby player in the NH actually

🤦

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

beshocked wrote:He is the modern narcissus.

Not until he drowns.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

beshocked wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:bit shocked by the mention of his kids. totally unfair and circumstantial evidence being used to condemn him. stick to rugby please

Mackay1402 I think you should be telling Henson that very wise advice: "stick to rugby please"!

Ruby guby If Matthew Tait was a Saracens fan or was moving to Saracens then you might have had a point....

2003 isn't quite as long ago as never.

There are plenty of players I dislike so don't think I am just picking on your idol.

Does anyone know where his children live? Is it France? London? Wales? Who knows? Do you think it's good for his children that their father gets involved in so much controversy?
Evidently you can't read
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:37 pm

Two pages?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:43 pm

mckay1402 wrote:
beshocked wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:bit shocked by the mention of his kids. totally unfair and circumstantial evidence being used to condemn him. stick to rugby please

Mackay1402 I think you should be telling Henson that very wise advice: "stick to rugby please"!

Ruby guby If Matthew Tait was a Saracens fan or was moving to Saracens then you might have had a point....

There are plenty of players I dislike so don't think I am just picking on your idol.

Does anyone know where his children live? Is it France? London? Wales? Who knows? Do you think it's good for his children that their father gets involved in so much controversy?
Evidently you can't read

Have you taken my very wise advice yet? No I doubt it. One of you Henson worshippers should actually speak to the bloke and give him the advice.

While at it you should stick to your own advice too.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:53 pm

If you don't like him why on earth do you spend so much time talking about him?
You are no better than the other knobs who were having a go at Cipriani's private life.
I honestly thought that nonsense like this had been left on the old 606.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Cymroglan do I really spend that much time talking about him? No. I think I talk more about Flutey,Fourie and Hape than Tango man! Not sure why you are defending him anyway.

Do I talk about them more than I should? Probably to be honest but it's because unfortunately Henson was signed up by my club. He probably did disrupt things whilst there so it's good to see he's gone.

I really don't like it when players get undeserved call ups and those 4 players fit into that category.

Henson isn't really a rugby player. He's a reality TV star. He should stick to that.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:29 pm

Hey BS

Poor bloke just found out that his injury rules him out of the world cup.

Give it a rest mate.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:31 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Poor bloke just found out that his injury rules him out of the world cup.
That's old news, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 22 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Poor bloke just found out that his injury rules him out of the world cup.
That's old news, isn't it?

Yep, 9 days old.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by RuckingFlanker86 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

To be fair, nine days ago he thought he was out for a few weeks and would be on stand by to be called up for an injury. Today he was told he would actually be out for twelve weeks and miss the WC completely.
So technically Maesteg is correct.

RuckingFlanker86

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:17 pm

beshocked wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Evidently you can't read

Have you taken my very wise advice yet? No I doubt it. One of you Henson worshippers should actually speak to the bloke and give him the advice.

what advice should I stick to?

Firstly I can't give him advice because i don't know him personally any more than you do and secondly I only took exception to you having nasty little digs at his relationship with his children. It's not relevent and it makes you come across as not a particularly nice person.

I'm not a Henson 'worshipper' as you would have it but I do believe he has a bit of quality about his play. I agree he has made some poor career choices but I do not think that gives anyone the right to make bitter comments about his personal life. If he wants to do reality tv shows then that's his decision and I can't really understand why so many people are so angry about it.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 22 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

A few "nasties" have been cropping up lately and I fear that this is turning into the old 606.Hell of a shame.Social inadequates spoiling things for everyone.The sooner that the "ignore" facility is sorted,the better.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

GH is like many hyped up sportsmen, Cipriani for one springs to mind, Henson's hubris outweighs his form clealry, but not his undoubted talent. Agreed a 30 minute perf of competent rugby does not a summer make but he did show some signs of his old skills and the way he seems to glide effortless on the ball still leaves me wanting more...his hype though has outweighed his talent of late and his choices have left fans of Welsh rugby and his detractors bemused and disappointed with plenty of ammo to sling at him. He has had more than his fair share of injury and this one may put him out for good as he will now not play for anyone this year and I had hoped that a club may pick him up so that he could return for the 6 Nations.
Some idiots both on and off this forum have made it personal. Fair enough he has put himself on offer but to suggest he does not have his childrens' interests at heart seems to me to be a lot worse than anything he has ever done either on or off the pitch. Anyone who thinks his wish to get back into top flight rugby as somehow inextricable from caring for his kids is just ignorant and not worth getting into a debate with.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:A few "nasties" have been cropping up lately and I fear that this is turning into the old 606.Hell of a shame.Social inadequates spoiling things for everyone.The sooner that the "ignore" facility is sorted,the better.

The foe button is working now I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:18 pm

Henson makes bad choices...he's a bit dim, he is however a quality rugby player and not the devil.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:03 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:A few "nasties" have been cropping up lately and I fear that this is turning into the old 606.Hell of a shame.Social inadequates spoiling things for everyone.The sooner that the "ignore" facility is sorted,the better.

He's right, it works really well....!

Let's hope it gets rid of the nuisances.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by NewTraditionalHaka Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:36 am

Here’s the problem for me. Henson plays for half an hour. He covers 12 yards ball in hand and completes a regulation pass, he performs just one decent but again regulation tackle, he takes the ball into contact and gets stripped in possession. That’s it. That’s yer lot.

Then what do we get? Punter after punter, professional and otherwise, banging on about how good he looked and how he’s getting back to his best. It’s been like this for years now.

That’s the problem right there. That’s why the bloke thinks he’s worthy to model a Welsh kit. That’s why the bloke thinks he can gob off to proper professional rugby players. That’s why the bloke thinks he has a right to a seat on the plane. That’s why the bloke thinks there’s nothing wrong with putting his energy and focus into brain dead television.

Henson isn’t the problem, he’s too stupid to know the difference …you lot are ….you know who you are …..

NewTraditionalHaka

Back to top Go down

Post by PerryGee Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:24 am

NewTraditionalHaka wrote:Here’s the problem for me. Henson plays for half an hour. He covers 12 yards ball in hand and completes a regulation pass, he performs just one decent but again regulation tackle, he takes the ball into contact and gets stripped in possession. That’s it. That’s yer lot.

Then what do we get? Punter after punter, professional and otherwise, banging on about how good he looked and how he’s getting back to his best. It’s been like this for years now.

That’s the problem right there. That’s why the bloke thinks he’s worthy to model a Welsh kit. That’s why the bloke thinks he can gob off to proper professional rugby players. That’s why the bloke thinks he has a right to a seat on the plane. That’s why the bloke thinks there’s nothing wrong with putting his energy and focus into brain dead television.

Henson isn’t the problem, he’s too stupid to know the difference …you lot are ….you know who you are …..

Couldn't agree more, well said clap

PerryGee

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 23 Aug 2011, 8:43 am

mckay1402 wrote:
beshocked wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Evidently you can't read

what advice should I stick to?

Firstly I can't give him advice because i don't know him personally any more than you do and secondly I only took exception to you having nasty little digs at his relationship with his children. It's not relevent and it makes you come across as not a particularly nice person.

I'm not a Henson 'worshipper' as you would have it but I do believe he has a bit of quality about his play. I agree he has made some poor career choices but I do not think that gives anyone the right to make bitter comments about his personal life. If he wants to do reality tv shows then that's his decision and I can't really understand why so many people are so angry about it.

I have the right to say what I like. If you don't like it tough. The truth hurts I know. Maybe I was going too far to say that he cares little about his children (you are correct I don't know if he does or not) but he did say he was moving to London to be near his children, a couple of months later he is in France. You cannot get around that. You can make your own assumptions.

The original question was does Henson deserve to be respected? The simple answer is NO.

Is Gavin Henson evil? No. Is he overhyped and overrated? Yes. Was his call up to the Welsh squad deserved? No. Did he treat Ospreys,Saracens and Toulon correctly? No. Has he been involved in lots of controversy? Yes. Has he spent more time doing reality TV shows in the last two years than playing rugby? Yes

He has played 30 minutes of international rugby in the last two years. Get a grip guys.

He has so many flaws that I cannot warm to him.

I think some of you Welsh posters are hugely exaggerating. Everything I have said bar whether Henson likes his children or not is correct.

Maybe because I am not Welsh I don't rate him as a player either. I generally look at current form. He has shown he isn't willing to put the hard yards so I feel no sympathy for him. Could you really see him fitting in at a club again?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:06 am

Actually I don't agree. Gavin has never said that he has a right to a seat. He was very disappointed with his performance agaisnt the Barbarians and when has he mouthed off?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

rugbydreamer wrote:

Great Ill start using it on all the moderators and admins Whistle

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

What is the foe button? Headscratch

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:24 am

Mckay1402 please quote me where I say Henson mouthed off?

It matters not whether he said he has a right to a seat. He didn't deserve to be in the Welsh squad in my opinion. He didn't have the form or gametime.

I personally don't believe it is correct to pick players based on their international form over two years ago if they have not shown sustained good club form.

You mentioned his poor performance against the Barbarians not me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

C'mon Beshocked, of course he deserved to be in the welsh squad, he's welsh and a good player. Are you jealous of him or something? - it seems quite deep rooted that you're prepared to talk about someone for so long yet you suggest you despise him - A bit like the man doth protest a little too much. If he was a footballer he would just be doing the done thing, he's a young man and enjoying his life where he is fortunate enough to enjoy the limelight and have a lot of options open to him. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:37 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:

From the 'foes' explanation in the profile.

Foes are members whose messages will not be visible and who won't be able to send you Private Messages or post on your Wall.
Note that you cannot ignore the moderators or the administrators.

Hmmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

I guess that gives a new meaning to fee fi "foe" fum I smell the blood of an englishman - Maybe that where it originated thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

Rubyguby we'll have to agree to disagree then. All the others like Scott Williams,Jonathan Davies and Jamie Roberts had earnt their spaces in the squad fair and square.

I don't like the antics of footballers either. Some of the English footballers in particular I don't like either.

No I am not jealous. My life is good enough thanks.

No other "professional" rugby player has acted the way Henson has.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:08 am

Do you thnk the media just build him up into this troubled young man - for example:

he's never too my knowledge run over and damaged cars, has never of course kicked the Calcutta cup down Edinburgh High St, drank aftershave, taken drugs, been done for drink driving and many other things that rugby players have done, yet because of his celebrity status he's an easy target don't you think. A short time ago, Paul Oconnell decked someone in a pub because they made an offensive remark to his wife - He was a hero - what would Henson have been if he'd done the same. It's just a thought mate, you know what this media stuff does thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:27 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/8124150/From-hotel-streaking-to-kicking-the-Calcutta-Cup-what-happens-when-rugby-players-behave-badly.html

I presume this is what you are referring to. Those players have hardly covered themselves in glory but they are done and dusted. Matt Stevens has reformed himself after admitting to a mistake.

Henson hasn't reformed. He is a target because he paints a bullseye on himself. He should just focus on rugby if it's what he really wants.

He as immersed himself in the celebrity culture - he is more similar to Peter Andre and Katie Price these days than the likes of Andy Powell,Jamie Roberts and Ryan Lamb.

You can be a high profile sportsman and not get hammered by the media - e.g. Jonny Wilkinson, Jonah Lomu,BOD etc.

If Henson still has aspirations to be a rugby player he has to put in the hard graft and find a home at a club.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:34 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:

From the 'foes' explanation in the profile.

Foes are members whose messages will not be visible and who won't be able to send you Private Messages or post on your Wall.
Note that you cannot ignore the moderators or the administrators.

Hmmm.

Trust me, you can ignore them ...or just use it to spur you on Wink

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:35 am

Groundhog Day this is just the same stuff being recycled

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

I know Cymro but its fun and I like fishing thumbsup