The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gavin Henson

+16
RuckingFlanker86
maestegmafia
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
nottins
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mckay1402
BATH_BTGOG
cabbagesandbrussels
Thomond
beshocked
GLove39
Cymroglan
RubyGuby
Gatts
ML
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gavin Henson Empty Gavin Henson

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

After this ridiculous show on Channel Five (The Bachelor) have we now come to the point where Mr Henson is to no longer be respected?

Back to top Go down

Gavin Henson Empty Re: Gavin Henson

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:05 pm

In what way is this post related to any form of rugby debate at all? Now if you want to discuss Gavin Henson's rugby, then go ahead. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:10 pm

FreekShow wrote:After this ridiculous show on Channel Five (The Bachelor) have we now come to the point where Mr Henson is to no longer be respected?

And this from someone who is a fan of the perma-tanned poofs in American Wrestling? Shocked

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:13 pm

Good point but it raises the issue of Henson's rugby being judged in the context of his 'celebrity'. Another poster mentioned that commentary in the Eng Wales game seemed to mention his every move on the pitch and his 30 minutes were regarded as disproportionately effective. Fact is he he has got where he has recently on the back of his reputation as a player, which has been largely kept alive by a media pack who believe, possibly with some credence, that he is a step above our other centres. I am not sure we will ever have the opportunity to judge him as any other centre but then, in my opinion, he is not any other centre, either on the pitch or off it. I hope we see him back in the 6 Nations if not before.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:17 pm

Like most I thought he looked good for the 29 minutes he was on against the Saes - I guess divine intervetion played a part and that's it - Scott Williams looking good IMO and possibly better than JD who has yet to show his Scarlets form in a welsh jersey despite them both being red - Strange that thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Fri 19 Aug 2011, 11:39 pm

I hope Gats learned in the half hour GH was playing that he needs to switch his 12 & 13 so JR is in the outside channel on offense - he looks so much more dangerous there.

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:02 am

rugbydreamer wrote:In what way is this post related to any form of rugby debate at all? Now if you want to discuss Gavin Henson's rugby, then go ahead. Thanks.

Of course it's related to rugby bearing in mind there is a world cup coming up and from what I have read he had designs in representing his country up until his injury. I don't think my original question was any way out of order or off topic at all. If David Beckham or any other England player in fact had participated in the same kind of television show I am sure there would be a large number of posters swarming the football boards voicing their opinion without some condescending over zealous moderator talking down to the original poster with their magic red pen?

I do on occasions drop into the rugby threads on this site because I am a lover of all sports but I do confess to not having the knowledge of the sport in question as much as you do and I apologise for that but I only asked a question buddy!

By the way I think Gavin Henson is an excellent rugby player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:15 am

ML wrote:
FreekShow wrote:After this ridiculous show on Channel Five (The Bachelor) have we now come to the point where Mr Henson is to no longer be respected?

And this from someone who is a fan of the perma-tanned poofs in American Wrestling? Shocked

I do like the fact that you had to check my posting background before making your reply! Don't let anybody call you sharp.

I think taking a cheap shot at wrestling is a bit disrespectful bearing in mind two of the founders of this site who are wrestling fans but there you go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:21 am

What do you want people to say ? I would think that very few off this site even watched that programme.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:30 am

Cymroglan wrote:What do you want people to say ? I would think that very few off this site even watched that programme.

Ok then fair enough but lets say a friend of yours brought it up in the pun or wherever. Would you just turn the other cheek and take your opinions with you?

For the record I was channel switching and caught it wondering if that's Gavin Henson and it was. My immediate thought was what would the guys on 606v2 make of it?

There are posters on this site that appear to be watching Big Brother, hence the BB thread, which is aired on the same channel so who knows? We ain't all cut from the same cloth thank God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

He was selected to play for Wales and for the 30 min he was on the field against England he played well and with a few more games he probably would regain his old form
It's a pity that he got injured and I for one hope he makes a speedy recovery and with a bit of luck he will be available to play in the world cup.

I don't see that appearing in a reality show that was recored a few weeks or even months back should give me or anybody else any reason to respect or disrespect him.
He will need a life after rugby and I'm sure his bank account will be far healthier by doing these shows.
If any other rugby player had appeared on some show people would not think anything of it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 12:57 am

Cymroglan wrote:He was selected to play for Wales and for the 30 min he was on the field against England he played well and with a few more games he probably would regain his old form
It's a pity that he got injured and I for one hope he makes a speedy recovery and with a bit of luck he will be available to play in the world cup.

I don't see that appearing in a reality show that was recored a few weeks or even months back should give me or anybody else any reason to respect or disrespect him.
He will need a life after rugby and I'm sure his bank account will be far healthier by doing these shows.
If any other rugby player had appeared on some show people would not think anything of it.

I agree with you on the last point about any other player but the fact remains that it is Gavin Henson which will always pose a question surely?

Perhaps I should have worded my original question better in the mould of something like 'do you still respect Gavin Henson as a professional sportsman?'

Lets be honest here. The guy has made more column inches due to his 'side-work' more than he has due to his professional work which is a shame when you bear in mind the obvious talent the guy actually has.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:07 am

You know the score obviously you have read all about him so why do you need to know if others respect him or not ? form your own opinion.
If you respect him fine if you don't then thats your choice, I will only judge him by what he does on the field even though he has had a few injury issues I still respect him for being a quality player.
What he does in the gossip columns does not interest me in any shape or form.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:16 am

Cymroglan wrote:You know the score obviously you have read all about him so why do you need to know if others respect him or not ?

Isn't that the whole point of an opinion based discussion site? To pose questions? To stir arguments? to wonder why...? To find out how surly a following of a certain sport can be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:21 am

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:31 am

Your point being? None of those threads posted the question that I did.

How many of them threads did you reply to? Alot I bet....

And by the way a few of them were Boxing related.

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:43 am

I've got a better idea for a reality TV show, as opposed to trying to find a girl for Gav why not have a show where Gav tries to find a team to play for... Whistle

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:44 am

The point being this has been done to death and that is why so few people have responded.
He has done absolutely nothing wrong for a while now yet people still want to continue dragging his name into the mud
If you want to know how many threads I replied to then just check my posting history you will find I'm not into gossip and neither do I wum.
I could easily say that I don't respect Henson but then again I could be somebody that does not deserve respect.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:54 am

Cymroglan wrote:The point being this has been done to death and that is why so few people have responded.
He has done absolutely nothing wrong for a while now yet people still want to continue dragging his name into the mud
If you want to know how many threads I replied to then just check my posting history you will find I'm not into gossip and neither do I wum.
I could easily say that I don't respect Henson but then again I could be somebody that does not deserve respect.

Well then why reply to my question? You have just contradicted yourself by saying you are not into gossip yet you responded to mine. And, at the end of the day, you are one of the few people that has responded to my 'done to death' post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:00 am

You questioned why the Moderator had posted on the site.
And as you were a new poster to the rugby site I was trying to explain a few things to you
So you did post this article for the gossip then ? it was not sport related .
When you mentioned sportsman I presumed you wanted to know if he was respected as a rugby player.If I had known that your intentions were just for gossip then I certainly would not have responded.
I did not contradict myself I just took your word for it that it was sport orientated.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:28 am

No I questioned why the mod felt the need to pour scorn all over my post.

You was trying to explain a few things to me? Here is your exact first post:

'What do you want people to say ? I would think that very few off this site even watched that programme'

I'd love to know how that is explaining things to me?!!

Am I posting this for gossip?

Yes mate I am an undercover hack looking for a scoop and decided to infiltrate a sports discussion site with a massive 3000 members to get my story!

'When you mentioned sportsman I presumed you wanted to know if he was respected as a rugby player'

You have obviously back tracked and read what I wrote earlier which was do you still respect Gavin Henson as a professional sportsman

And even after that you still 'took your word for it that it was sport orientated'

Nobody can be that simple!

Last edited by FreekShow on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:34 am

FreekShow wrote:[quote="quote]

Well then why reply to my question? You have just contradicted yourself by saying you are not into gossip yet you responded to mine. And, at the end of the day, you are one of the few people that has responded to my 'done to death' post!

It was you yourself that said that you posted it for the gossip you just admitted it by saying I responded to yours,I'm not the one contradicting myself.
No I'm not stupid and neither would I presume you are.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:37 am

Cymroglan wrote:
FreekShow wrote:[quote="quote]

It was you yourself that said that you posted it for the gossip you just admitted it by saying I responded to yours,I'm not the one contradicting myself.
No I'm not stupid and neither would I presume you are.

Where have I posted it for gossip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:44 am

Read the quote above ,,,,,You have just contradicted yourself by saying you are not into gossip yet you responded to mine.,,,,,,
Now to me that would read as a admission that it was posted purely to gossip it was not rugby orientated in any shape or form.

A few of us have talked about rugby yet you have shown no interest in that at all.
I have answered your question by saying I respect him as a quality player and I also respect him for all the hard charity work he does towards prostrate cancer,

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:02 am

Cymroglan wrote:Read the quote above ,,,,,You have just contradicted yourself by saying you are not into gossip yet you responded to mine.,,,,,,
Now to me that would read as a admission that it was posted purely to gossip it was not rugby orientated in any shape or form.

A few of us have talked about rugby yet you have shown no interest in that at all.
I have answered your question by saying I respect him as a quality player and I also respect him for all the hard charity work he does towards prostrate cancer,

Yes you replied to what you thought was my gossip. How can me relaying the fact that Gavin Henson is on a TV show equate to gossip?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:08 am

Question are you here to have a rugby debate or just have a confrontation ?

You have asked a question and I answered it.

Now let's see you answer the question ,, Do you respect Henson ? if yes then why if no then why not.
What do you think is his most noticeable sporting achievement.

Could you also do me one favour by showing respect towards me either stay on the rugby forum till you feel you got a answer or stay on the football one,
I reply to your questions straight away it's common courtesy.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:24 am

Cymroglan wrote:Question are you here to have a rugby debate or just have a confrontation ?

You have asked a question and I answered it.

Now let's see you answer the question ,, Do you respect Henson ? if yes then why if no then why not.
What do you think is his most noticeable sporting achievement.

Could you also do me one favour by showing respect towards me either stay on the rugby forum till you feel you got a answer or stay on the football one,
I reply to your questions straight away it's common courtesy.

As I have stated Gavin Henson is a superb rugby player. Do I respect him as a sportsperson..that's a tough one because I admire his ability but I admire application more and he is lacking in the latter, just my opinion.

Jesus Christ the guy should be in his pomp now and he is starring in some petty date-a-tart channel five TV show and if you are willing to see a sportsman of his caliber do that then fair enough. We are all different.

Like I have said in previous posts..if me having an opinion or even posing a question about a professional rugby player on a sports discussion site is that wrong then I will leave 606v2 tomorrow!

I like the people (in general) on here but I wouldn't want to upset the applecart!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:34 am

You could have worded your question a lot better by telling us what your opinion was of him and why you believe it has reached the stage he should no longer be respected.
He may have issues in his life splitting up with his partner was one of them we need to remember there are two kids also involved,
We can judge him but all we are judging him on is what the media tells us I don't know what his mental state is and I presume nobody else on this site has access to his medical records,
What I do know is that he is trying to get his rugby career back on track and for that I respect him.
There are thousands of sportsmen out there who deserve far less respect than Gav.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:37 am

Cymroglan wrote:

You could have worded your question a lot better by telling us what your opinion was of him and why you believe it has reached the stage he should no longer be respected.
He may have issues in his life splitting up with his partner was one of them we need to remember there are two kids also involved,
We can judge him but all we are judging him on is what the media tells us I don't know what his mental state is and I presume nobody else on this site has access to his medical records,
What I do know is that he is trying to get his rugby career back on track and for that I respect him.
There are thousands of sportsmen out there who deserve far less respect than Gav.

Well I did actually admit to wording it wrong during this debate but when you are speaking to a brick wall....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:46 am

Why do you use quotes all the time ? there is only the two of posting on here.
Admitting it is one thing not using the edit button is another, if you don't know how to edit your article I will gladly explain how,

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:55 am

Aren't we a brave keyboard warrior.

You can't even construct a paragraph properly and here you are preaching to me about using the edit facility.

Kids!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 3:59 am

Brave keyboard warrior what are you on about ?
Have I done something to upset you ? you seem angry for some reason.
I preached nothing I just offered to help if you had problem editing your article.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:06 am

Cymroglan wrote:Brave keyboard warrior what are you on about ?
Have I done something to upset you ? you seem angry for some reason.
I preached nothing I just offered to help if you had problem editing your article.

Listen mate. My sister works with the mentally challenged and I would never insult her profession so have a good weekend, don't do anything I wouldn't do and be good!

Unquote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 20 Aug 2011, 4:10 am

I'm glad your sister has a job it's very important at least one member of the family brings in a wage packet.
I hope you enjoyed your stay in the rugby forum and do please pop back and see us often..
Later buddy OK

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat 20 Aug 2011, 5:59 am

I watched it...to be fair those birds are putting up a better performance against him than the English-Barbarian rugby team.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:36 am

Freak Show was Henson ever respected by anyone outside Wales?

Henson is a bad joke.

Cyrmoglan Henson doesn't care about his children. He said he was moving to Saracens to be closer to his children, after only two months who swans off to France.

30 minutes of international rugby is just 30 minutes of international rugby.

Too much hype for quite possibly the most overrated "rugby" player around.

Henson's dealing with Ospreys,Saracens and Toulon and doing the reality TV shows (3 now) have shed Henson of all his dignity.

He also said his role model is Peter Andre. Can you get more embarrassing than that?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

GLove39 wrote:I've got a better idea for a reality TV show, as opposed to trying to find a girl for Gav why not have a show where Gav tries to find a team to play for... Whistle

There would be no winners from that show. Gav is a cracking player, lots of questions surround him but if he can get his head together he could be brilliant. Munster are short of inside centres.......

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbagesandbrussels Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

I'm sorry Original Poster, I saw Gavin Henson and "Freek Show" and had to laugh at the irony!

cabbagesandbrussels

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

Personal references to Henson as a father are bang out of order on here and I'd apreciate it if a Mod erased these. The guy seems to be an easy target for personal vitriol and most of it is unwarranted.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

Rubyguby can't handle the truth? He clearly said to the media he was moving to Saracens (close to London) so he could be closer to his children. He then moves off to France two to three months later. Does that show he has his children's interest at heart?

I also take exception that he refused to play for the Saracens A team and could barely remember his team mates names at Saracens. I know this to be true so I don't care if you don't believe me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 11:59 am

Beshocked - In all honesty you cannot say that he does not have his childrens interests at heart whilst also pursuing his career - They are inextricably linked. What the media say is one thing and then you want to turn it against him. References to his children are not for this board and I have little doubt that he adores them and vice versa.

As for not remembering the Saracens A team - who are they?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm

Saracens A are the second team for Saracens. They play against other AP A teams.

I know A teams are non existent in Welsh rugby so I can understand your ignorance of the concept.

Not sure why you are defending Henson anyway. How can you have little doubt he adore his children? Are you Gavin Henson or have any contact with him? We know Henson moved to France from near London or are you going to deny this happened to protect your hero?

Or is it the nasty media who have picked on poor Henson?

Which career are you talking about? His reality TV career or rugby?

The reality of Henson is that he has no club. He has caused controversy at 3 clubs. If he took rugby seriously enough he would have found a home at a club.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 12:59 pm

Beshocked - Are you Mathew Tait? Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:06 pm

Thought it wouldn't take long for Taits name to be mentioned, how long ago was that tackle???
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

Not as long ago as 2003 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

bit shocked by the mention of his kids. totally unfair and circumstantial evidence being used to condemn him. stick to rugby please
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

mckay1402 wrote:bit shocked by the mention of his kids. totally unfair and circumstantial evidence being used to condemn him. stick to rugby please

Mackay1402 I think you should be telling Henson that very wise advice: "stick to rugby please"!

Ruby guby If Matthew Tait was a Saracens fan or was moving to Saracens then you might have had a point....

2003 isn't quite as long ago as never.

There are plenty of players I dislike so don't think I am just picking on your idol.

Does anyone know where his children live? Is it France? London? Wales? Who knows? Do you think it's good for his children that their father gets involved in so much controversy?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

I agree folks, there's plenty of things you can (justifiably) have a go at Henson over, do please leave his kids out of it.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put the comment in red)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 22 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

Thank you Kiwi - I think all references to his chldren need to be deleted - its shameful and has no place on 606 thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 22 Aug 2011, 2:02 pm

Rubyguby get off your high horse. Henson is a disgrace. If he actually cared about anything other than his ego then he wouldn't be so unpopular and controversial.

You never hear of other professional rugby players involved in reality TV shows during their "rugby" career.

He is the modern narcissus.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next