The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
Artful_Dodger
aucklandlaurie
poissonrouge
Breadvan
Cymroglan
KiaRose
Mrs Penfro
Feckless Rogue
OnASideNote
Gibson
Pal Joey
Rava
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Ozzy3213
rodders
WillyGilly
Thomond
MBTGOG
Cari
Notch
Mickado
prop_lyd
Glas a du
greybeard
red_stag
PenfroPete
Luckless Pedestrian
nottins
Adam D
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
34 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

Glas - did you leave your phone unattended by any chance?

No.

My mate is 38 and a batchelor. I think we were trying to sort him out with a woman who could chop wood and feed his chickens. 🤦
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Sun 07 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Laugh
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

BTW, just to say, congratulations to LDCPete and Munsty, in their promotion to Mods. Superb choices. Possibly the best V2 could have made. Well pleased for all the Pub regs who are and who are doing a great a job in the process. OK

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 07 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

I was on Sky sports news yesterday during Kyran Bracken's interview Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

I know this is Rugby League but it's still a pretty special try that should be watched-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9m_IUH-Ndg&feature=channel_video_title

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

that was a cracking try OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

Where is everyone?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

You about this evening Musnty?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:49 pm

Lurk.

Munsty, there was so much in that try that traditionalist RL coaches would have crucified them for. I remember how Scott Quinell went to league and started offloading from the tackle. It's easy to underestimate how much waves that caused.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:50 pm

red_stag wrote:You about this evening Musnty?

I could be.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:51 pm

Glas a du wrote:Lurk.

Munsty, there was so much in that try that traditionalist RL coaches would have crucified them for. I remember how Scott Quinell went to league and started offloading from the tackle. It's easy to underestimate how much waves that caused.

You mean he bought it with him or learned it there?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:52 pm

Gimme a shout if you are anyway. I'm around all evening.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

red_stag wrote:Gimme a shout if you are anyway. I'm around all evening.

Cool. Might call up in the next 20 or so.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

MBTGOG wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Lurk.

You mean he bought it with him or learned it there?

He is Derrick Quinells son and Barry John's nephew. He couldn't help but try and keep the ball alive. Once the coaches got their heads around it, and his team mates of course, it became much copied.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

Glas are you suggesting that the offload only became a part of Rugby League in the 1990s?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:04 pm

Yes. A forward offloading from any one of the first five tackles would catch a bollocking even if it came off.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

I've just finished Book 3 part 2, and I don't have book 4 or 5 yet, and it finished on such a cliff hanger. Can't wait for lunch time tomorrow when I can go buy the next two.

And evening all. Ale

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

Glas a du wrote:Yes. A forward offloading from any one of the first five tackles would catch a bollocking even if it came off.

Nowadays maybe so but back then it wasn't as much of a sin.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

Evening Dreamer,

I have to say, I need more practice. Felt rugbyed out yesterday and fell asleep early during the League match. Might just have something to do with going out with Stag and another friend the night before though.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

What series Dreamer? Munsty Im amazed if you made it up for the Bedisloe Cup on Saturday
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:21 pm

red_stag wrote:What series Dreamer? Munsty Im amazed if you made it up for the Bedisloe Cup on Saturday

Wouldn't miss it Stag. It was good practice for the World Cup where there will be earlier games and the preceding nights out will have more alcohol involved.

Be up in 15.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

Stag - The Song of Ice and Fire series.

So annoyed I didn't pop out to by the next 2 books in the series today.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

Cool Munsty see you then.

I thought you finished them Dreamer
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Goodness no I'm not that fast a reader. Read the first 4 books, got another 2 to go now (and Martin hasn't even written the last 2 in the series either! Sad )

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Evening Dreamer,

I have to say, I need more practice. Felt rugbyed out yesterday and fell asleep early during the League match.

I'm not surprised, it often has that affect on me Wink

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Goodness no I'm not that fast a reader. Read the first 4 books, got another 2 to go now (and Martin hasn't even written the last 2 in the series either! Sad )

Gonna do a 'Jordan' on it?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

Notch wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Goodness no I'm not that fast a reader. Read the first 4 books, got another 2 to go now (and Martin hasn't even written the last 2 in the series either! Sad )

Gonna do a 'Jordan' on it?

.... Headscratch

my sleepy brain can't figure that out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

Is he going to do the same as Robert Jordan, author of the incomprehensibly detailed Wheel Of Time novels, and die before completing the series?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

Notch wrote:Is he going to do the same as Robert Jordan, author of the incomprehensibly detailed Wheel Of Time novels, and die before completing the series?

aaaah idea get you now!

Well he better not, all those unanswered questions and loose ends...that would be horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:47 pm

They had another author into finish that series (which still isn't over, by the way, the first book was published in 1990 ffs) but apparently he left incredibly detailed notes. Martin has said he doesn't keep notes.

He's 62 now. I guess it depends if he can do it in the two books he's said. If it balloons into three or four books you're in trouble.

I don't read these books so I have no idea how realistic his stated goals are.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:49 pm

Oh, and I gather the first of those two books is basically written.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:50 pm

hmm well my friend has just finished the 5th and she she still says there are loads of loose ends still and even more questions thrown up, hope he can fit them into 2 books, but it took him 5 years to write this latest one so who knows....

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

I think his position is fair enough. He says he doesn't want to spend all his time writing. Fair enough. Once you get over 60 few people want to spend their whole time working. You'd expect him to slow up a bit.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

very true Notch.

I am however fairly selfish and really want him to finish the series, the sooner the better! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:02 pm

Haha. The fans want to chain him to his desk! I guess thats a compliment to his writing. I can see why he is annoyed though; nobody wants their life to be dominated entirely by their work. No-one wants to feel obligated to millions of strangers either.

It's this 'epic fantasy series' concept that is demanding. Very few other genres or artforms have works that take the creator two decades plus to complete. I mean, he started these books in 1991. That's crazy.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm

Yeah I know, it is a bit mental. He also might write better by taking his time, rather then feeling forced to churn books out. I'd rather he take longer to do them and have them be very good, then rush them and they be sub standard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:09 pm

It needs time. Still, hope his health holds up. You don't want to go out with unfinished business.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

nope nope, exactly.

And on that note I'm off, got to get some good kip before horrid work tomorrow, but at least it's only a two day week Smile

Nos da/good night all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:46 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, another working week is here!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

Normally more busy in here.

How are you lot?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 08 Aug 2011, 8:59 am

Obviously Mick the Chefs party is still in full swing! Got your PM Munsty. I agree to some extent. Its only a game at end of the day. I like getting to be different teams.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:02 am

Morning. Just had a cracking double egg bap courtesy of MrsB. Drool Five days and counting before our week hols in Ibiza za za za. Yahoo
My eldest got rugby tackling advice from Ryan Jones yesterday. He was with his littl'un on a bouncy castle at a pub in the Gower. Top bloke...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:06 am

red_stag wrote:Obviously Mick the Chefs party is still in full swing! Got your PM Munsty. I agree to some extent. Its only a game at end of the day. I like getting to be different teams.

Yeah so do I but you can still do that and be teams at the same level. You just be the smaller teams.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

Yea thats what I mean. For example I thought that Korean team I was were very good. I've no problem being the big team on occasion but not always trying to be the best team possible to force the apology.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:08 am

I'm good here, Munsty. I enjoyed England v Wales and the Community Shield match on the weekend but I kept falling asleep on the sofa both Saturday and Sunday. I've felt really tired all weekend for some reason.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:10 am

Luckless are you gonna be at our December meet up in Llanelli?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:12 am

red_stag wrote:Yea thats what I mean. For example I thought that Korean team I was were very good. I've no problem being the big team on occasion but not always trying to be the best team possible to force the apology.

That's my point. I will say it to him.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

He won't take it well. To be honest I can't say I'm a big fan of the new forfeit system. It hasn't happened and the forfeit is very small. But both you and he have described how its damaged the whole gameplay experience in your houses.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

I am indeed, Stag. I went to Stradey Park when I was in primary school but I haven't been to PYS yet.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:13 am

Morning all/bore da pawb.

Today is my Thursday Very Happy

Hope everyone's well today Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next