The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime

+10
Johnny Dice
Thomond
Fists of Fury
Adam D
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sodhat
Valero's Conscience
easthfc
boomdangle
Primetime
14 posters

Go down

ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime Empty ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime

Post by Primetime Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT

August 6th - Live on Primetime Website

• UK’s most famous fighter sensationally steps out of retirement
• MMA Breakthrough: First UK MMA PPV
• Final chance for Alex to silence his detractors
• primetimelive.co.uk

Alex says: ‘I will beat Jason down, this will be more than just a fight worth watching, I'm going to rip up that cage and feed it to him’

(London, 11th July 2011) It was today confirmed that Cage Rage veteran and the most famous face in UK MMA Alex Reid, will sensationally come out of retirement to face Jason ‘Badass’ Barrett in a grudge match that has been boiling for a number of months. Fans can watch these two warriors go head to head at UCMMA 22, August 6th, live at Troxy London and available on PPV at Primetimelive.co.uk.

Having sworn to give up the gloves pursuing an acting career, Alex ‘The Reidinator’ Reid will return to silence his critics in this ‘Super Title Fight’ Middleweight bout that has fans across the UK salivating.

Reid and Barrett have had a number of meetings outside of the cage, and it finally came to a head at UCMMA 21 when the two had an altercation in the cage, leading to UCMMA Promoter, Dave O’Donnell, to sanction the fight between to the adversaries.

Reid said: ‘In Rome the Gladiators fought to the death, mentally it’s the same game in MMA, my motto - Keep the End in View - ‘Respece Finem’ is part of my code of honor - I will live to fight another day, I can't same the same for Jason but I salute his bravery. I will do whatever it takes to get me in premium fighting condition, I will beat Jason down, this will be more than just a fight worth watching, I'm going to rip up that cage and feed it to him.’

UCMMA promoter Dave O’Donnell said: ‘Let me tell you, I’ve seen Jason Barrett and he is like a man possessed. He was in the gym at 4am today and he has been training for 12 solid weeks while Alex has been living the celebrity lifestyle. Everybody knows you can have all the technique in the world but if you haven’t got the stamina or the minerals to go three rounds then you’re going to have a lot of problems. I know Jason has been doing hill runs and has been doing anything he can to make this fight happen.’

Primetime Boss David McConachie said: ‘Primetime are excited to be able to bring this fight to the UK public live building on the success we have had with our previous MMA broadcasts. It’s the first time a UK MMA promotion has secured a PPV deal and we hope that it’s very successful.’

Primetime

Back to top Go down

ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime Empty Re: ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime

Post by Primetime Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

“If he thinks I’m a joke great, you keep thinking I’m a fool. When that cage door shuts and the bell goes let’s see how much of a joke I really am” – Alex Reid, ahead of his fight

No matter what people say or think about Alex Reid, he is the most famous MMA fighter in the UK. Love him or hate him he has, in his own words, made MMA ‘more socially acceptable’ in this country. Ahead of his fight with Jason Barrett at Cage Rage UK Presents: UCMMA 22: Warrior Creed, live on Pay-Per-View channel Primetime, Mike Breton caught up with The Reidernater.

You mentioned at previous UCMMA shows that you wanted to concentrate on your acting career, why did you decide to fight again?

I don’t consider what I have done in the past as acting. It’s more of a performance, I’m an entertainer. Fighting and competing in Martial Arts takes up so much time and I love it to pieces but I’ve always had a great love for film and TV and playing different characters. But Jason started hounding me non-stop. I am a man and I am still a Martial Arts competitor and I don’t want to condone anyone chasing or hounding anyone for a fight, but the bottom line is it got to the point were he came to my gym and it got ugly. Then he kicked off with me at a UCMMA show and I felt that Dave O’Donnell (the promoter) had stitched me up which I felt was rude. Then Jason followed me to a restaurant in Soho which was ridiculous and my girlfriend was very scared. When he attacked me I double under-hooked him and spun him around and threw him against the wall and I thought to myself ‘that was really easy’ and I got pulled off him. I thought to myself ‘yeah I’ll take this fight’.

At the official Primetime press conference you were drinking champagne; do you think this gives the sport a bad image?

If people want to start slandering my name because I was drinking champagne, come on. It’s showmanship. I take this sport very seriously but that is a part of the razzmatazz of it. At the end of the day it is a bit of a performance - like I say we are not just fighters we are entertainers. I am taking this fight very seriously and I did want to get in his head a bit. If he thinks I’m a joke great, you keep thinking I’m a fool. When that cage door shuts and the bell goes let’s see how much of a joke I really am.

Jason seemed to get the upper hand in the war of words at the press conference. He said your dreams of being 007 had come true as you’ve lost your last seven fights. Did Jason words get under your skin or did you find it humorous?

I found it very humorous - I think he is great and knows how to sell a fight. You have to sell the fight. As much as it is entertainment, when that cage door shuts it is real, the other guy is trying to kill you haha. The majority of the fighters and athletes that compete in Mixed Martial Arts are sportsmen and gentlemen - it is aggressive and brutal but it’s not malicious or nasty.

I think you have been really clever using mind games with Jason ahead of this fight. You have been going quietly about your business and taking a gentlemen’s approach, while the fight for Jason has become personal, do you agree?

Absolutely. I have had trouble preparing for this fight with a nagging shoulder injury and I am also a businesses man now. I have my gym franchise, athletic clothing and also I am seen as a celebrity and I’m still doing a lot of interviews. I recently had an argument with Brad Pickett and he said to me ‘why are you going to that awards show instead of training?’ Au contraire. I believe that I have helped - without sounding disrespectful to the sport - I think that my celebrity status has helped the sport. People outside of MMA aren’t really interested in the sport. If I had it my way all I would do all day is train, eat sleep and practice my Martial Arts. I’m not being arrogant or ignorant about my celebrity, I’m using what I’ve got to actually raise the awareness of MMA. All I do is talk about MMA in every interview but the press aren’t interested they just want to know what’s going on in my personal life. I’m boxing clever with the media to raise the awareness of MMA. I love MMA and I am a pioneer of the sport in this country and I am using every tool available to try and raise awareness. People think I am a joke but hang on a minute, I do feel really proud of what I have done for MMA in this country making it more socially acceptable.

You’re set to headline the first pay-per-view card by a UK MMA promotion, how proud are you to make history?

That makes me very proud and I hope that this is the start of more to come, more UK MMA. I have always envisaged doing this type of stuff in the sport. I remember looking and wanting to be on posters in Martial Arts magazines and I’ve done that now and now I’m on a pay-per-view card and it feels amazing. It’s funny because I kind of retired to go into acting but now I am back to doing what I love. Some people say I’m not serious but I do love this and I do love acting equally and I want to do all these things and this chance has really inspired me to get into shape. Even with my busy time commitments I party hard and I’m working hard and being a businessman - my life is full throttle. There is no rest for the wicked and as soon as I get up I am all go.

Jason said in a recent interview that all the pressure is on you to win this fight, would you agree with this statement?

There’s always pressure and I thrive on it. Pressure is not a bad thing it’s a good thing and there is more pressure on me than Jason but even with my nagging injuries here and there I fight with total disregard to my body. I’ve had some real wars in the cage and as Jason said, they have taken some of the mineral out of me. But one thing I do have is a lot of heart.

Will this be your last MMA fight or will we see you in the cage again?

This won’t be the last time you see me in the cage. As for competing with other guys… who knows?

Cage Rage UK Presents: UCMMA 22: Warrior Creed:

Warrior Creed – Alex Reid V Jason Barrett is live and exclusive on Primetime, Channel 480 on Sky and Virgin on Demand.
To watch call 0871 200 4444 or go online to Primetime Website
Existing customers can buy through Box office and Virgin Media customers buy through More on Demand > Live events.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime Empty Re: ALEX ‘REIDINATOR’ REID V JASON ‘BADASS’ BARRETT Live on Primetime

Post by Primetime Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

There is loads more news and videos at Primetime Website

Last edited by Primetime on Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:30 pm

hmmm reid or Tito v Rashad, which one will i watch.

All joking aside reid does come across as a plank but he is getting the exposure, he must have picked up some business sense from his ex.

Would like reid to win the bout though as saw his fight v kong and he didnt do himself any harm, put on a good show better than expected i might say.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 28 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

boomdangle wrote:hmmm reid or Tito v Rashad, which one will i watch.

All joking aside reid does come across as a plank but he is getting the exposure, he must have picked up some business sense from his ex.

Would like reid to win the bout though as saw his fight v kong and he didnt do himself any harm, put on a good show better than expected i might say.

Different times so you can watch them both! Very Happy Reid first then UFC later on, could be a good night!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:12 pm

I'll be watching both. Reid is not the most technical of fighters but he's rarely in a boring fight.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 28 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

No offence Primetime but it is shocking for Primetime to charge for this fight, he's not even top 10 in the UK let alone the world!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 28 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:No offence Primetime but it is shocking for Primetime to charge for this fight, he's not even top 10 in the UK let alone the world!

Remember what determines whether something is PPV worthy, it's not how well they are ranked but how much they are likely to sell

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 29 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

Is 'Reidinator' the best nickname he could think of? Honestly?

It's by far the least fear inducing, most ridiculous I've ever heard.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 04 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

Just a couple of days to go, get all the latest news on the Primetime Website

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

Primetime, I think you have made a mistake on this one. Who gives a f**k about watchin Alex Reid gets his face panned in. Especially when I can wait up and just watch Rashad and Tito for zilch.

How much is this farce?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

I have two free streams for tomorrows Alex Reid fight - drop me a PM if you would like to watch it.

This is as way of a apology from both 606v2 and Primetime over the cancelled event (the strikeforce event) for last week (which was out of both of our controls).

Last edited by Hobo on Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:31 am

So this is no longer on Primetime?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 05 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

I believe it is, but we have been given 2 free streams.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

Yes this is still on Primetime, the issue was with the Strikeforce stream last week. No issues with the Alex Reid event

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

One stream left to give away, if anyone is intending on watching it tomorrow night.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 05 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

I wouldn't be a huge fan of MMA, but all I'm going to say is that "Reidinator" is an awful nickname.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 05 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

Lots of good undercard fights to watch on this card including former UFC fighter Dean Amasinger
Alex Reid
MMA Record: 8-9

Jason Barrett
MMA Record: 3-6

Luke Sines
K1 Record: 23-2

Dean Amasinger
K1 Record: 6-0

Iain Martell
MMA Record: 1-0

Karl Lawrence
MMA Record: 3-2

Andy McEwan
MMA Record: 4-0

Spencer Hewitt
MMA Record: 6-2

Karen Ousey
MMA Record: 0-0

Anna Zuchelli
MMA Record: 0-0

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Which fights are you guys looking forward to most? Who think Reid will win tomorrow night?

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Alex Reid kissed Jason Barrett at the weigh in's !!

Primetime Website

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 05 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

could the guys who asked for the free streams please check their PMs please - need to get details off you.

Thanks and enjoy the fight.

Thank you to Primetime for the two streams too thumbsup

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:04 am

It's fight day give us your predications!

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:13 am

Can everyone involved in the free primetitme streams check their inboxes arent full (inc primetime!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 06 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Any more thoughts on this card guys? What do you think of Luke Sines vs Dean Amasinger?

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Dice Sat 06 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

know nothing about the undercard but I reckon thatAlex Reid will win the main event - cant see a hyped fight like this being anything but a win for the fave.

Johnny Dice

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

Any one got a stream?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 06 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

InTheFastLane wrote:Any one got a stream?
Primetime Website

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 06 Aug 2011, 9:03 pm

We're live, enjoy the fights! if you haven't bought yet Primetime Website

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

Jason Barrett should probably lose the 'badass' tag, was a really poor display from him although he looked to be outweighed heavily. I understand it's not the UFC but the quality was lacking.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 10:48 pm

Just watched the UCMMA 22 show and and can say that it was definitely a good card and the stream was awesome, great quality and smooth as well.

The under card was entertaining and Alex Reid won with an impressive set up and execution of a triangle choke but Jason Barrett looked very poor, came out rushing with little technique (also he was a bit of a p*ick in defeat)

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 07 Aug 2011, 7:28 pm

There is a lot of heaat on the event today, especially from Tom Kong Watson who basically said it was "staged".

Havent seen it myself but if it was, thats a bad thing for MMA.

Hope it wasnt, but the Cage Rage promotion does have an air of crassness to it. I like Alex Reid so hope it wasnt - the guy has been in some wars.

Just like to point out that the guy who runs the Primetime account is on hols, although if it was rigged, its hardly their fault!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

I watched the fight and it didn't look staged to me. Rogers came out swinging for the fences pretty much straight off the bat and one of them could of landed and then who knows... Also the triangle choke that caused Rogers to tap looked deep and he tried to defend it (all be it poorly)for a long time before being forced to tap.

If it was staged it was brilliantly acted. Where did Tom say this? Is there a link anywhere Hobo?

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 07 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Tom “Kong” Watson who was in attendance at the event said this about the opening exchange via his Twitter:

“Just for everyone asking what happened at Reid Fight..@LiamMills is 100% right ‘a horror to watch, Knew after the first Exchange was fake’”
He later added:

“I’m not saying the competition should have been tougher it just wasn’t real they were throwing fake punches etc”

The fight soon hit the ground with Reid slapping on a triangle choke for the win, capturing the Ultimate Challenge middleweight super title in the process. Watson, who received a lot of credit for MMA fans across the world for speaking out on the “farce”, continued via his Twitter rant by saying:

“Feel very disappointed to what i witnessed tonight at UCMMA Reid V Barrett. Completely staged fight. Just hope mma doesnt suffer due to this”

“To the people who didn’t see ‘the fight’ & those asking me what happened there is not a doubt in my mind that no part of the fight was real.”

“Ive been involved in combat sports for nearly 15 years and have no doubt in my mind that was a staged performance tonight”

“I’ll get lot of Poopie for what I’ve said about Reid v Barrett fight 2night but don’t pull stunts like that & i dont need to speak my mind”

“If you believe that’s a real fight feel sorry for u. Yes the triangle real he knows how to apply a submission but it was staged”

The other thing to consider is that with Reid now becoming a title holder with UCMMA how many more of his future fights will be in the same vain, forcing fans to pay through the nose to watch fights that in Watson words are “completely staged”?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Sun 07 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

well there you go, Watson thinks the fight was staged. What do others feel?

The choke was definitely real, the punches being fake... I don't think so... Bad technique by rogers on his strikes? Absolutely.

This was an easy fight for Reid, he looked a weight class bigger and rogers is a joke but I doubt I'll pay to see him defend the "title"

The production of the fight was a bit crap and a little "chavy", the girls dancing were stupid (although not bad to watch) and the promoter, well, lets just say I would like to see Dana White host a UFC event like he did.

Worth the money for the fight? Well I got my stream for free, thanks again Hobo and Primetime! thumbsup

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 08 Aug 2011, 4:34 am

Its a sad idictment of the way the sport has to be marketted that Reids fight was the main event for this. Anyone with even a basic knowledge of UK MMA knows hes not a good fighter by any strecth of the imaginaton, hes not even a partitualaly good celebrity. But yeah hes a casual fan draw.

Feeding him cans does this promotions and the sports image no good, works or not.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down