The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime

+17
bellchees
azania
Seanusarrilius
seanmichaels
mobilemaster8
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
davidemore
Rodney
as1079
Rowley
BoxingFan88
Mind the windows Tino.
hampo17
rob-glos
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Primetime
21 posters

Go down

Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime Empty Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime

Post by Primetime Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

On Saturday 11th May, Doncaster’s Jamie McDonnell will be looking to gain his first world title as he challenges Julio Ceja for the vacant IBF Bantamweight title live on Primetime, ch498 on Sky and Virgin On Demand.
Dennis Hobson Promotions will be bringing the ‘Making History’ bill to the Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster and will be handling the TV production while utilising the established Primetime network to retail the Pay-Per-View event.
McDonnell holds a record of 20(9)-2-1 and is the current British, Commonwealth and European Bantamweight champion. He will walk into his first world title fight in front of a packed hometown crowd, with 9000 tickets sold for the event as Doncaster comes out in force to support their local hero. He will face a live and dangerous challenger in Julio Ceja.
Ceja is still only 20 years old, but already holds a record of 24(22)-0, with a 91.67% KO ratio. This will be the young Mexican’s first fight outside of his home country. At such a young age will the hostile crowd and pressure of a first world title fight sway the balance in McDonnell’s favour?
Also fighting on the card will be Stuart Hall who is aiming to capture the IBF Inter-Continental Bantamweight title when he faces the hard-hitting Sergio Perales.
Perales is currently ranked #5 by the IBF so represents a big opportunity for Hall to advance himself in the world rankings as he works towards a world title of his own.
The undercard for the show will also feature Dronfield’s Lewis Taylor defending his International Masters (Bronze) middleweight title and Doncaster’s Jason Cunningham fighting for the English flyweight title.
‘Making History’ will be broadcast from 7pm to 10pm and will be available for £10.95. For details on how to order please visit www.primetimeboxing.co.uk

You can order the card for only £10.95 by calling 08712004444*or visiting www.primetimeboxing.co.uk . Virgin Media customers can purchase using the ‘On Demand’ menu. Customers on Sky must register the first time they use Primetime and once registered can purchase using the ‘box office’ menu.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime Empty Re: Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime

Post by Primetime Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

Hi guys, please note while we are providing our network to Dennis Hobson Promotions in order to retail the event this is not a Primetime production. As such I can only comment on technical issues regarding booking the service as we are not involved in anything else with this.

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime Empty Re: Jamie McDonnell is ‘Making History’ live on Primetime

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:26 pm

Wtf to that, how can McDonnel hold down a PPV card?

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

Total buys: 63

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Ridiculous. I like McDonnel but I'm not paying PPV for this. Things like this make Boxnation seem fantastic.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

Primetime wrote:Julio Ceja

Julio Ceja? More like Juli O'fu*k are you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

10.95, you have got to be joking...

With a KO ratio of 90%, it could be over in a round!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:47 pm

rob-glos wrote:Total buys: 63
Jamie is making history by having less people pay for his fight than would now pay to watch Audley's comeback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

Pay £10 to boxnation for a month and get:

-> Alvarez vs Trout
-> Cleverly vs Krasniqi
-> Martinez vs Murray
-> Judah vs Garcia
-> Donaire Rigo
-> Mayweather vs Guerrero
-> Ponce De Leon vs Abner Mares

Hmmmm...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:50 pm

Makes me glad the mods on here get these for free.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:54 pm

Rowley wrote:Makes me glad the mods on here get these for free.

Surely you have to be consistent in its marginalising the sport Jeff, even though its for free!

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

I like McDonnell. He's a Yorkshireman. I like him a lot. But this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen.

If I remember correctly, Ricky Burns is fighting on the same night, which will only reduce the figures even further.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Rodney wrote:

Surely you have to be consistent in its marginalising the sport Jeff, even though its for free!

Cheers Rodders

I'm both a hypocrite and tight Rodders.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

Rowley wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers Rodders

I'm both a and tight Rodders.

Good answer mate, tweet me the result please.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:02 pm

Rodney wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers Rodders

Cheers Rodders

He will send you a carrier pigeon, Rodders.

About as close to tweeting as a Yorkshire man gets.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

Shame no one really knows about Jamie's fight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:10 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rodney wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers Rodders

Cheers Rodders

He will send you a carrier pigeon, Rodders.

About as close to tweeting as a Yorkshire man gets.

Jeff is a very modern man, I heard him once saying he ate a slice of pizza.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:12 pm

Tend to agree with you Davide. Will not get bogged down in the whole PPV thing because god knows that debate has been done to death but put all that aside and this has the potential to be a decent fight. Jamie seems one of the sports good guys and is a grafter who tends to be decent to watch whilst I’d be lying if I pretended I knew much about his opponent but clearly has a bit of a dig so this could be a good fight, bit of potential history for sunny Donny as well if Jamie can pull this off.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

Is this the kind of no-name Primetime are reduced to showcasing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:25 pm

Exactly, what have they done with the real Primetime? Little annoyed at the name of the bill but each to their own.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:32 pm

Whoa Whoa Whoa...how many other fighters from Doncaster called Jamie McDonnell could win a world title that night?

Clearly history in the making...........

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

What? Primetime? Surely this is a joke?

Im getting around 5 world title fights with the likes of Mayweather, Alvarez, Trout, Donaire, Rigondeux, Khan, Garcia, Martinez, Judah, Quillin.

All for a tenner,

You want the same cash for some powder puncher from the north east fighting someone I don't know?

Ha! Nope.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm

Ashamed to say I've never even heard of McDonnell......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:38 pm

This could be the lowest PPV buy in history. So yes, he will make history. Ridiculous to charge for this.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:47 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
You want the same cash for some powder puncher from the north east fighting someone I don't know?

Doncaster is not in the North East, it is in god county, Yorkshire. Do not associate us with them Geordies, have to heard of Lumbering Jack, he is nowt to do with us.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 29 Apr 2013, 3:54 pm

Isn't the North East the place where burly tattoed folk go to watch football matches and cry?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Mon 29 Apr 2013, 4:11 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:What? Primetime? Surely this is a joke?

Im getting around 5 world title fights with the likes of Mayweather, Alvarez, Trout, Donaire, Rigondeux, Khan, Garcia, Martinez, Judah, Quillin.

All for a tenner,

Ha! Nope.

as I mention above, we're not involved with this event. All we are doing is providing a retail outlet for Hobson Promotions to retail their event, essentially they are just renting the platform. We have had no say in the pricing of this event or marketing, dates etc

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 29 Apr 2013, 5:08 pm

All of Yorkshire, whippets and all, will pay for this. One is their heroes is fighting. Probaly get smashed in no time, be Yorkshire folk like a battling loser even if that loser lasts 72 seconds (including the 10 count).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 29 Apr 2013, 5:11 pm

Does this over take Roy Jones Jr vs Max Alexander as the worst PPV headliner of all time?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 5:14 pm

Az I tolerate any manner of nonsense from you on here but once you start criticizing the good folk of Yorkshire you have gone too far.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Mon 29 Apr 2013, 5:58 pm

Rowley wrote:Az I tolerate any manner of nonsense from you on here but once you start criticizing the good folk of Yorkshire you have gone too far.

Click that ban button, Rowley. Click it.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

Tolerate me? Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:54 pm

azania wrote:Tolerate me? Whistle

Barely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

You know I love you really. kiss

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:27 pm

Hey Rowley do you talk like Mick McCarthy?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Isn't the North East the place where burly tattoed folk go to watch football matches and cry?

Sometimes yes, but they are very drunk and let's face it have a lot to cry about... They are usually fat slobs.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Thu 09 May 2013, 8:23 pm

Just a little reminder this will be an early show this weekend. It starts at 7pm and will be off air by 10pm

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 09 May 2013, 9:55 pm

Saw the reaction to this being PPV on a few forums........made ugly reading.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 09 May 2013, 9:59 pm

I think it will be a decent fight. Ceja seems an exciting prospect and should get Jamie out of there in brutal fashion.

I wont be paying for it though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 09 May 2013, 10:34 pm

This is easily going to be the smallest PPV buy in the history of boxing

As Az said its actually a very intruiging and probabaly fun fight. I like
McDonnel, he has a fun style and has gone about his business the right way and like Burns he seems to have improved with early losses and is getting better and learning to use his height and size

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri 10 May 2013, 12:09 am

Primetime wrote:Just a little reminder this will be an early show this weekend. It starts at 7pm and will be off air by 10pm

No need to post on here Primetime...

Can't you just personally call the 16 people who've bought this?

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 12:56 am

rob-glos wrote:
Primetime wrote:Just a little reminder this will be an early show this weekend. It starts at 7pm and will be off air by 10pm

No need to post on here Primetime...

Can't you just personally call the 16 people who've bought this?

laughing

But seriously this is beyond a joke.

My nan is gonna have a fight with the even older pensioner next door. I think I'll make it PPV picard

Have some self respect (not you primetime but the people actually responsible for this debacle)

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 1:10 am

Interesting fight I think home town robbery 'decision' Mcdonnell' is a absolute banker here, as for PPV good look to Primetime and I hope they generate as much as possible, instead of slating this fight being PPV people should just accept it. As for the title 'Making History' that is a little overboard the marketing team of Primetime have rushed the entire PR by looks of it.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 1:21 am

Found myself at a loose end so I watched a few of Julio Ceja's fights. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the bloke after watching 4 fights, but I thought I'd post my first impressions on the fairly unlikely off-chance that someone was interested. He looks like a pretty tidy fighter to be honest, expected him to be a bit of a slugger given the high KO percentage, but he's actually more of a boxer-puncher and looks well schooled. Showed an interesting ability to switch to southpaw and looked pretty comfortable in the lefty stance, although obviously it's hard to say how this will translate into higher level contests. His punches look more hurtful than explosive, but he looks pretty patient with it, throws punches in bunches and overwhelms his man when hurt. The record is a little light on quality, but boxrec informs me he has been in with (and beaten) Genaro Garcia, who has had at least one world title challenge if my memory serves correctly. Overall, looks like a good, well schooled fighter with skills and power, makes a few mistakes and lapses of concentration which one might expect from a 20 year old, but will likely give Jamie all he can handle come Saturday.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 10 May 2013, 7:51 am

Is this a sellout? I know they gave up a huge part of the purse and bid heavily to get it at home. Hope Jamie makes some loot, be a shame to get KTFO and make little money. WAR JAMIE!!!

Okay, box, pitter-pat and move. Always be alert, and pivot.

But Win!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 10 May 2013, 9:12 am

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Interesting fight I think home town robbery 'decision' Mcdonnell' is a absolute banker here, as for PPV good look to Primetime and I hope they generate as much as possible, instead of slating this fight being PPV people should just accept it. As for the title 'Making History' that is a little overboard the marketing team of Primetime have rushed the entire PR by looks of it.

PR is all from Hobson Promotions, Primetime are not involved with the marketing or production of this event, Hobson promotions have just rented our platform in order to retail the event and as such we have no say in how this event is promoted

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 10 May 2013, 8:38 pm

Primetime wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:Interesting fight I think home town robbery 'decision' Mcdonnell' is a absolute banker here, as for PPV good look to Primetime and I hope they generate as much as possible, instead of slating this fight being PPV people should just accept it. As for the title 'Making History' that is a little overboard the marketing team of Primetime have rushed the entire PR by looks of it.

PR is all from Hobson Promotions, Primetime are not involved with the marketing or production of this event, Hobson promotions have just rented our platform in order to retail the event and as such we have no say in how this event is promoted

Great to see this kind of loyalty.

Advertise the fight on boxing forums and when there are grumbles jump back two steps and point the finger at Hobson Promotions. I suggest Primetime grows a backbone.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Sat 11 May 2013, 7:26 am

Strongback wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Great to see this kind of loyalty.

Advertise the fight on boxing forums and when there are grumbles jump back two steps and point the finger at Hobson Promotions. I suggest Primetime grows a backbone.

As I mentioned in my initial posts in this thread, I am not promoting the fight just providing an outlet for any issues with ordering as we are not involved with the promotion or production of this event

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 11 May 2013, 8:02 am

How many people have actually ordered this? Can't be many surely.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 May 2013, 1:05 pm

The final nail in the coffin for this promotion.It clashes with Dr Who. Rule number one of Saturday programming is "don't clash with Dr Who." Rule number two is the same,but in caps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down