The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

' Boxing Database ' subsection ?

+15
Daz
Steffan
School Project
The Galveston Giant
Lumbering_Jack
oxring
Scottrf
licence_007
Mind the windows Tino.
captain carrantuohil
Rowley
paperbag_puncher
John Bloody Wayne
88Chris05
HumanWindmill
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should the boxing forum have a ' Boxing Database ' subforum ?

' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap97%' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 97% 
[ 28 ]
' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Empty ' Boxing Database ' subsection ?

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Evening, everybody.

In the light of some of our members' wonderful successes in securing ' Q & As ' with boxers of renown, the excellent and well frequented ' Book Reviews ' sticky, the equally popular ' Hall of Fame ' sticky and Scottrf's ' Boxing Documentaries ' thread, ( which should be a sticky, ) it will be clear to some of you that the ' sticky ' section is becoming quite busy and, therefore, quite intrusive.

Bearing in mind that we will be looking to attract more pro fighters to engage in Q & A exchanges and that our members continue to come up with fresh and interesting ideas which deserve a better fate than to slip off the front page and into obscurity it occurred to me that it might be time to consider a subsection here at the boxing forum.

Said subsection would serve as a kind of database, ( I believe that ' Boxing Database ' would be a pretty good, if unoriginal, name for it, ) and would contain all the aforementioned threads and could also be augmented by mini bios, lists of lineal champions, etc., etc. These threads could be ' sticky ' or otherwise, but would be permanently contained within the subsection and therefore readily accessed.

I believe that the benefits are twofold. Firstly, the overall appearance is neater than that containing a plethora of stickies and, secondly, the excellent reference material we have acquired can be preserved and added to. The tennis section currently has a sub forum, so anybody who is not sure how our page would appear with said subsection can easily check.

Please cast your votes, and if anybody has a different solution which he believes is a better means to preserve and archive the database material while keeping the page neat and tidy then please offer your suggestions.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ' Boxing Database ' subsection ?

Post by Union Cane Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

Scottrf wrote:B and V are not the same letter...

Damn you Rowley!

V is pronounced B in Spanish, so how about El Voxing Vault?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

' Boxing Database ' subsection ? - Page 2 Empty Re: ' Boxing Database ' subsection ?

Post by Scottrf Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Union Cane wrote:
Scottrf wrote:B and V are not the same letter...

Damn you Rowley!

V is pronounced B in Spanish, so how about El Voxing Vault?
or Vlad's Voxing Vault.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:16 am

Windy's Athenaeum of Noble Knockouts.

Can always shorten it if we run out of space.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:22 am

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

Just set up the section, changed the name and moved some threads in there.

Windy/ Oxy/ Fists can let me know if there is anything else required. OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Nice one Hobo cheers, and Windy for the idea.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:43 am

Agree Hobo good work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Yes, good stuff Hobo, looks a lot tidier now.

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, sorry mate...)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Thanks very much to all who voted and provided input, and thanks to Hobo for setting it up this morning.

I'm a bit late in logging in, today, but will crack on with archiving our threads.

I'm delighted that we've given this idea the thumbs up, and thank you all again.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:14 pm

I know amateur boxing isn't as popular on this forum as the pro ranks, but maybe including a section in build up to the 2012 games would be useful. The World amateur championships are coming up in September and should give a decent insight into how British and Irish boxers are performing. Biographies of medal hopes could be useful for anyone with little knowledge of the amateur ranks.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

Irish?

This is the BBC, the British Broa...oh hang on.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Not everyone on this forum is British Mr Cane...

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:I know amateur boxing isn't as popular on this forum as the pro ranks, but maybe including a section in build up to the 2012 games would be useful. The World amateur championships are coming up in September and should give a decent insight into how British and Irish boxers are performing. Biographies of medal hopes could be useful for anyone with little knowledge of the amateur ranks.

we are going to be setting up an Olympic section over the next few days, so maybe we can put it in there.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

Hobo wrote:
6oldenbhoy wrote:I know amateur boxing isn't as popular on this forum as the pro ranks, but maybe including a section in build up to the 2012 games would be useful. The World amateur championships are coming up in September and should give a decent insight into how British and Irish boxers are performing. Biographies of medal hopes could be useful for anyone with little knowledge of the amateur ranks.

we are going to be setting up an Olympic section over the next few days, so maybe we can put it in there.

Sounds good. I know it attracts little attention on this forum but hopefully interest will increase over the coming months.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2