The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Golf Trolley

+17
George1507
Doon the Water
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
dr_peeps
McLaren
Doc
JAS
Shotrock
haystongolfer
SmithersJones
Mercurio
super_realist
Diggers
JDandfries
drive4show
Bagman
The_Phenom
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Electric Golf Trolley - Page 2 Empty Electric Golf Trolley

Post by The_Phenom Mon 25 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm in the process of buying an electric golf trolley for the first time and would like advice on which brand and model to purchase.

Powakaddy appears to be the market leader and the most expensive.

Are the other brands as good as or better than powakaddy? or is powakaddy the only way to go?

Cheers!

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Electric Golf Trolley - Page 2 Empty Re: Electric Golf Trolley

Post by sharrison01 Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:49 pm

Those more knowledgeable about US courses can confirm, but I assume that US courses were by and large built in the past 40-50 years or so when golf buggies became an option on courses. This, combined with the general land size of golf courses in the US, would make course designers build buggy paths into their designs and thus the use of buggies more commonplace.

As for getting around in the US, any journey across the UK between 7-9am and 4-6pm will show you how reliant Brits are on their cars with very few people choosing to travel to work via foot or bicycle. Neither country may be ideal but this side of the Atlantic can hardly criticise the Americans for travelling everywhere by car.

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:37 pm

S_R - It's important (to me at least) battle sweeping generalizations. "Seen walking ANYWHERE in America and get strange looks?" C'mon, as other have pointed out that's nonsense. I've had experiences in the UK that would fit into both positive and negative stereotypes, but it's important not to label the entire population as one way or the other.

I'll leave this topic alone (promise) but am of the strong opinion that carts are a cornerstone to most golf courses (public and private) here in the states. The market demand and resulting revenue stream they generate are just too ingrained for any type of big market shift.

Interestingly, it's the higher end private and very high end public courses that have been able to sell the walking only concept successfully. Bandon Dunes and Whistling Straits are good examples.

Is golf better off with carts here in the US? I suppose having carts available at most courses increases the number of golfers, which is a good thing. But, it's unfortunate that many of those same golfers will never walk and realize the (1) health benefits (2) better pace of play (3) better golf IMO since I think most walkers get a better "feel" for the course they are playing.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2