The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg vs Varela

2 posters

Go down

Quigg vs Varela Empty Quigg vs Varela

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Anyone watch it on youtube? If so what was the result?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs Varela Empty Re: Quigg vs Varela

Post by Young_Towzer Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Can't believe that's a world title eliminator, should of had to fight Rendall Munroe for it to be that, he's the WBA inter-cont champ well he won that against Isaeu, and is easily the best super bantamweight in europe.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 am

Munroe stepped in to fight Isaeu after Quigg pulled out, how do you reckon Quigg would have managed had that fight happened?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:04 am

Pound-for-Pound wrote:Munroe stepped in to fight Isaeu after Quigg pulled out, how do you reckon Quigg would have managed had that fight happened?
I think Quigg would of won, but i think Munroe would beat Quigg, but Hatton promotes them both that's why i think he should of made the fight, his shows never have good, even fights.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:10 am

My problem with munroe is he makes too many mistakes and depends on his physicality to win fights; He leaves his feet behind him when coming forward with his jab and always throws arm punches. If Quigg is as good as Hatton Promotions believe (I haven't seen enough of him to make an assessment) then i believe he and any other fringe contender level fighter could box rings around him.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:25 am

found the result - KO7 for Quigg from a body shot. Is he ready for the Booth fight?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 am

Pound-for-Pound wrote:found the result - KO7 for Quigg from a body shot. Is he ready for the Booth fight?
Munroe would grind him down and stop him late on, Hatton obviously doesn't share your views on Munroe or he could easily make the in house matchup, yes he will stop the shot to bits Booth, who was destroyed off Martinez last time out, who incidently Munroe boxed the head off in 2 fights. Munroe doesn't get credit for his boxing ability, he's a grind you down type who imposes himself but has fast hands and a solid jab and can be hard to hit when he moves his head.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down