The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

+28
tunes666
eddyfightfan
88Chris05
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
rycoys
The Galveston Giant
Mark2011
Bluto1978
ian_jamsie
J.Benson II
Sugar Boy Sweetie
OasisBFC
bhb001
custart
John Bloody Wayne
Young_Towzer
hogey
LivinginItaly
Big Paul
zx1234
sodhat
Scottrf
swedish chef
PodgeRBR
CJB
mckay1402
Seanusarrilius
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! - Page 2 Empty Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's see what these two have got for us

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

Massively disappointed with Chisora; I'm usually loathe to be too critical of a fighter's performance, but I thought he was an embarrassment last night. He has talent, but little application. 261 lb for a man who is ultimately a small Heavyweight is a joke. All credit to Fury, he still needs to slim himself down and tone himself up a bit, but he seems to be getting there in stages and his stamina was much improved.

Good win for him, but if the fight told us anything it's that feeding him to Klitschko right now would be a disaster. A couple of Lonsdale defences over the next few months, then hopefully a dust up with Price in early 2012, and perhaps a tilt at the European crown after that is the very least that's needed before I'll even entertain the idea of Fury possibly just lasting the distance against Wladimir.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:40 pm

i thought it was a great scrap, chisora saw an opening early on, took it and gassed. had he commited more in training and come in a decent weight then i see him winning. however fury for me proved to be at least half decent, took it well and came back strong. neither ready for a klitchso, in fact i doubt either of them would get past price, but they both gave it all and never quit- very entertaining fight, the winner deserves all credit, as he obviously trained his heart out and came in decent shape.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:00 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:It wasn't just his size. Fury was just better in everyway.

Better shot selection, better accuracy, better variation. Chisora's only strength was loading up on big hayemakers and Fury never looked that bothered.

Fury's conditioning is definitely improving, but it needs too.

He needs to live the life. If I were him I would quit drink for the next 10 years, get in shape and stay in shape.

I agree, in fact with both fighters if they can loose the love handles, this would bring more stamina and speed... and with more muscle, more power.. Fury is only 23 so he has time and age on his side to become better conditioned..

Both have potential to be world class but they need to get in world class shape first... I dont buy Fury's excuse that he will "never be ripped like Haye" or something, due to his size... as the Ks dont seem to have that problem and neither did Lewis..

If he wants to be a world beater he needs to live like one... that goes for both of them.. had Chisora been more fit he may have been able to keep the pressure up and really trouble him, then again I do think Fury boxed well.

Say what you like about Audley but at least he was always in great shape and big....

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

I actually think Audley beats these two which is embarassing...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:55 pm

Audley if he throws the jab with authority and boxes off the front foot - then yeah, he'd win. Course, he's never, ever done that. Outboxed by a past-it Sprott.

Says it all really.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

I'm not too sure I think he has the power to stop next to any HW and has far better technique that Fury, I think thats a gimme, but I think Fury may be able to boss parts of it, but he's far too easy to catch and I tihnk the big left hand would land too many times, and I'm HARDLY a big Audley fan... 🤦

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

Fury would beat Audley

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

both would beat A farce, the guy was beat by rogan, didnt through a punch in his last fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:33 pm

Good point it sort of depends I guess, for me it's a bit of a pick em. Audley had so much talent but no mental strength.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:both would beat A farce, the guy was beat by rogan, didnt through a punch in his last fight.

He 'through' over 30. Even landed one.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm

Seriously he only threw 30 punches against Rogan I remember watching that fight a long time ago and it wasn't a memorable one either, but that's absolutely shocking!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

no i meant in HIS LAST FIGHT against haye

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Massively disappointed with Chisora; I'm usually loathe to be too critical of a fighter's performance, but I thought he was an embarrassment last night. He has talent, but little application. 261 lb for a man who is ultimately a small Heavyweight is a joke. All credit to Fury, he still needs to slim himself down and tone himself up a bit, but he seems to be getting there in stages and his stamina was much improved.

Good win for him, but if the fight told us anything it's that feeding him to Klitschko right now would be a disaster. A couple of Lonsdale defences over the next few months, then hopefully a dust up with Price in early 2012, and perhaps a tilt at the European crown after that is the very least that's needed before I'll even entertain the idea of Fury possibly just lasting the distance against Wladimir.
I'd back Fury to beat Price, quicker, and busier, Price is a robot with a glass chin, as soon as Fury hits him on the tash that will be it imo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:no i meant in HIS LAST FIGHT against haye

Oh right I was gonna say going 12 rounds and only throwing 30 punches seems impossible.
And thats the mental strength of Audley, he's too scared to throw punches in case something comes back.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

i'd say price is untested rather than chinny. fury didnt like the hard shots from chisora at all and if price lands with the same shot that he put dallas with then it would be all over. would be another great scrap though, hopefully it will get made and be on 5 again.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

I was quite impressed with Fury, although admittedly that's more because I was expecting him to be dire. He showed a decent range of punches, a not bad workrate, and he took some good shots reasonably well. If he could get into serious shape and tighten up the skills he has, he could show some promise.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I was quite impressed with Fury, although admittedly that's more because I was expecting him to be dire. He showed a decent range of punches, a not bad workrate, and he took some good shots well. If he could get into serious shape and tighten up the skills he has, he could show some promise.
Thought his work-rate was superb myself, hardly stopped, at the above, Pryce was nearly knocked spark out off some journeyman when he hit him early in his career, chin's terrible

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 4:52 pm

Price is too well drilled for Fury, the mans too wild and not in good enough shape to beat Price. Price is fundamentally sound and has great power and has a 1 punch KO. Can't see Fury being anything other than a half decengt name on his CV in terms of domestically.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:02 pm

If audley had some bottle he'd have been one of the better heavyweights of this era. He's big, strong, southpaw, has good technical skill and a hard left hand and a decent enough chin. Physically he's fine, his flaws are all mental. I think he could beat fury but might struggle with chisora funny enough due to chisoras more aggressive style.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

You're quite harsh on Fury Alex.

Yes - the guy doesn't look like much - but he has one of the best jabs around at the moment.
In terms of his shape - he's only gassed badly once, against McDermott. Last night even though he was tired, he was less tired than Chisora. Which is all you need.
Fury's defence is ragged - which is his major flaw.

Price has lovely offensive fundamentals - but his defence still needs work.

His power is excellent but his chin appears feeble. Fury can punch. Chisora can punch.

There's nothing that he's done that makes Price a guaranteed win over Fury or Chisora.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

One of the best jabs? Perhaps I am being slightly harsh but I struggle to see the real technique in there. His jab I can't even begin to compare even to Haye's or Arreolas! To be fair he's not AS bad as I once thought but NEVER a World Champ or I'll have officially have given up on the HW Division.

Think Price has a good enough defence from what I've seen he needs to be conditioned better imo though so he could take a punch better, do worry about his chin but for how big Fury is how hard does he hit? Doesn't look too hard looks bit like Valuevs type of power looks like it woudl damage but isn't really there, no major snap in it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

One of the best jabs? Perhaps I am being slightly harsh but I struggle to see the real technique in there. His jab I can't even begin to compare even to Haye's or Arreolas! To be fair he's not AS bad as I once thought but NEVER a World Champ or I'll have officially have given up on the HW Division.

i agree, i don't rate fury's jab especially for someone with such a long reach, his combos did the main damage to chisora and the jab didn't really keep chisora at bay

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

No real snap in it thats the main reason... And most prbably thrown incorrectly...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Massively disappointed with Chisora; I'm usually loathe to be too critical of a fighter's performance, but I thought he was an embarrassment last night. He has talent, but little application. 261 lb for a man who is ultimately a small Heavyweight is a joke. All credit to Fury, he still needs to slim himself down and tone himself up a bit, but he seems to be getting there in stages and his stamina was much improved.

I'd back Fury to beat Price, quicker, and busier, Price is a robot with a glass chin, as soon as Fury hits him on the tash that will be it imo

I would have price out boxing Fury.. and hits harder.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:33 pm

I would have Price stopping Fury he has no defense whatsoever.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 5:43 pm

You say no real snap in it - but most opponents seem to disagree - afterwards they tend to credit the jab as his key weapon.

Yes, its not the piston power-shot that Liston's jab was.

However, its still not a bad punch. Furthermore, its thrown with a lot of speed. If it had no snap Alex, then why was Fury able to control the fight with it so comfortably yesterday?

Essentially - looks can be deceiving.

As I always say when people judge on looks alone - Carlos Monzon threw what looked like "arm punches" but stopped 59 men and was one of the greatest MW champs of all time.

Fury isn't that good but it would be a foolish fellow indeed to dismiss him as having no real power. Those he punches seem to offer a different opinion.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jul 2011, 6:04 pm

Not saying absolutely NO power but never seen it snap anyone head back, I think he is awkward with the sheer size and the fact he can land it so often with his reach. And please are we comparing Fury to Monzon now? I understand where you're coming from but I disagree.

How highly do you rate Fury then ox?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

Reasonably.

Lovely offensive boxing skills. Rubbish defence. Good chin. Previously shocking conditioning - however conditioning is definitely improving.

So a mixed bag over-all. A fighter I would never write off or dismiss easily - certainly on a domestic and fringe European level.

Also - only 22. So he has years. and years and years and years to improve and there is NO rush.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

oxring wrote:Reasonably.

Lovely offensive boxing skills. Rubbish defence. Good chin. Previously shocking conditioning - however conditioning is definitely improving.

So a mixed bag over-all. A fighter I would never write off or dismiss easily - certainly on a domestic and fringe European level.

Also - only 22. So he has years. and years and years and years to improve and there is NO rush.
I think he'd beat Dimitrenko now, i agree about there being NO rush, and he has made the right noises today saying he wants to fight Rogan next for the Irish title instead of a much, much too soon Klitschko fight.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2