The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

+28
tunes666
eddyfightfan
88Chris05
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
rycoys
The Galveston Giant
Mark2011
Bluto1978
ian_jamsie
J.Benson II
Sugar Boy Sweetie
OasisBFC
bhb001
custart
John Bloody Wayne
Young_Towzer
hogey
LivinginItaly
Big Paul
zx1234
sodhat
Scottrf
swedish chef
PodgeRBR
CJB
mckay1402
Seanusarrilius
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! Empty Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:25

Let's see what these two have got for us

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! Empty Re: Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by mckay1402 Sat 23 Jul - 22:30

The question on everyones lips must surely be...will Fury knock himself out?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps! Empty Re: Fury V Chisora: Comment here chaps!

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:31

bloody chisora and his blubber

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 23 Jul - 22:32

I didn't get Chisoras entrance?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 23 Jul - 22:39

entertaining but not exactly world class...so far
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:42

hahaha mckay

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:43

chisora isnt boxing at all, he is literally just throwing hayemakers, this is weird, chisora isnt using any of his ability just hayemakers its ridiculous. He must be trying to finish this before he gasses

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by PodgeRBR Sat 23 Jul - 22:44

What channel is this on?!

PodgeRBR

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:47

channel 5

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 22:53

r5 fury moving into 2nd gear.

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 22:54

chisora looking a bit bewilderd!

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 22:58

r7 fury getting very cocky, but still doing the better work.

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 22:59

yep..chisora is just looking for a big shot to end it, he has completley neglected his trianing and is not using any of his boxing skills

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by PodgeRBR Sat 23 Jul - 22:59

I hope neither of these have to fight Wlad. That'd be disgusting

PodgeRBR

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 23:07

r9 fury looking the one who wants it more.

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 23:10

r10 fury has really stepped it up, but both showing great fighting heart!

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 23:13

this ref is useless, yeah ref just let them lean for 1min 30 of each round and tie each other up.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul - 23:15

Why doesn't Fury try and hit him when he drops his hands taunting...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 23 Jul - 23:15

Two athletes in prime shape here...

Both gassed out.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 23:16

r11 fur throwing plenty of arm punches, chisora is running outa gas

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 23:17

if fury hears the last bell he has got this in the bag!

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 23 Jul - 23:19

Can only go one way. Didn't score it but that's a 6 or 8 round win.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Sat 23 Jul - 23:20

9 rounds to 3 for me

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Sat 23 Jul - 23:21

Come back Audley, all is forgiven...............

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 23 Jul - 23:22

9-3 me fury, but Flip that was poor

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by swedish chef Sat 23 Jul - 23:26

it was still better than i was expecting

swedish chef

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sat 23 Jul - 23:27

Not high quality, but still more entertaining than Haye v Vlad.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 23 Jul - 23:35

Chisora should be ashamed of himself thats no condition to be for a title fight, looked to me like he thought he just had to turn up to win. After his big attack in the 2nd round he had nothing left and had his mouth wide open gasping for air till the end and all he did was throw the odd wild swing. Fair play to Fury but when Chisora looks at that fight again he is gonna wonder why he threw away his title. I honestly think a better conditioned Chisora would probably bust Fury up and stop him inside of 6 rounds but the Chisora we saw tonight is not gonna beat anyone of note even at domestic level.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 23 Jul - 23:37

Cracker of a fight that, loads of punches thrown, both hurt numerous times, can't help but feel if Del had came a bit lighter he would of had a better shot. Both would absolutely smash the likes of Arreola, Dimitrenko imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 23 Jul - 23:39

It was crazy seeing Chisora's corner trying to talk to him and say "can you hear me? Are you listening?" for him to just stare blankly.

He had to win by pressuring Fury but to be a pressuring swarmer he needs stamin and volume. He can't do it by weighing 30lbs over what he needs.

Over before it started as far as I can see, Tyson just had the dedication like he needed the belts rather than wanted them.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by custart Sat 23 Jul - 23:43

Entertaining fight. I agree, Chisora didn't look fit enough for this fight. I was impressed with they way Fury took Chisora's attacks.

custart

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 23 Jul - 23:49

custart wrote:Entertaining fight. I agree, Chisora didn't look fit enough for this fight. I was impressed with they way Fury took Chisora's attacks.
He has a brilliant chin imo, they both do. Chins in Derek's case.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat 23 Jul - 23:49

Big apologies to Fury. Deserved winner. They both have lots to learn and I still don't see Fury as a big hitter, but a good fight that I enjoyed.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 23 Jul - 23:51

exactly what we thought boys, both fighters gassed in the last 3rd, if not earlier.
shocking that 2 young blokes who are supposed to be the best domestic heavyweights we've got are this out of shape and unprepared for a 12 round war.

if one had 12 rounds of action in them, they would have easily won. by the end they were just leaning on each other to catch a breah.

that said, i enjoyed it! the entrance of chisora, the 2nd round flurry where i thought fury may go. the taunting, showboating. it was textbook, but it was entertaining.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 24 Jul - 0:05

Decent fight. I predicted chisora to win but scored it 118-111 in Furys favour. Fury had his tactics fairly right, threw more punches and tied chisora up at the right times. The size difference was a problem for chisora, but to me his heart didn't look in it - he couldn't have trained that hard to come in at 161lb, and he seemed to pay no attention to his corner. Where was the head movement and combination punching he'd shown previously? He seemed intent stalking round the ring and lunging forward with hayemakers - why? Fury has never looked a chinny fighter and if chisoras only plan was to land a lottery punch he was peeing in the wind, especially as he's no ernie shavers himself.

Fair play to Fury, I still don't particularly rate him but he seemed to take it more seriously than del boy with his training and fought a good fight. Could have done without his god bothering though.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 24 Jul - 0:14

i predicted chisora points and i think if the fat lump trained properly and used his actual abilities he might of got it, anyway, well done fury.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 24 Jul - 0:58

Enjoyable domestic scrap.

I predicted Fury to win by UD as I felt his sheer size would make it difficult for Chisora.

Strangly enough, this was actually a lesser-skilled but more entertaining version of Wlad-Haye, with Fury (like Wlad) using his height and reach to good effect and Chisora (like Haye) just looking for the hail mary punch.

Del Boy did himself no favours by coming in at so heavy. I'd imagine that
Frank Warren must be really peeved off with him.
Good thing he never fought Wlad or else he would have left the ring in a bodybag.
Fury should also avoid a Klitschko match-up, he's not anyway near that level yet.
I'm really warming to him though. Seems to a good bloke. Charismatic and friendly. His missus isnt too bad either.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 24 Jul - 1:20

It wasn't just his size. Fury was just better in everyway.

Better shot selection, better accuracy, better variation. Chisora's only strength was loading up on big hayemakers and Fury never looked that bothered.

Fury's conditioning is definately improving, but it needs too.

He needs to live the life. If I were him I would quit drink for the next 10 years, get in shape and stay in shape.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul - 1:22

2 things that do worry me about Fury, i still think he's a good prospect, they both are, but his inability to finish Chisora off when he clearly hurt him, and the way he sort of curls up into a ball when he gets caught, Sexton had no fitness whatsoever and a poor chin, so Chisora finished him off and he found the chin off Fury but his chin was superb, however the elite will hurt him more. 2 Things that worry me about Derek is when he pulled the trigger he hurt Fury but didn't pull it nearly enough, and the logic behind putting on 17 lbs? baffling, i still think he'd of lost but he would of done better in his usual shape.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul - 1:24

ian_jamsie wrote:It wasn't just his size. Fury was just better in everyway.

Better shot selection, better accuracy, better variation. Chisora's only strength was loading up on big hayemakers and Fury never looked that bothered.

He needs to live the life. If I were him I would quit drink for the next 10 years, get in shape and stay in shape.
I think it was the food that was the problem, plenty of fighters enjoy a drink, it's the food for Tyson imo, his conditioning was superb tonight, he threw more than the fair share of shots for an heavyweight, hopefully they give us some more 50/50 fights like that.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 24 Jul - 2:29

Young_Towzer wrote:

I think it was the food that was the problem, plenty of fighters enjoy a drink, it's the food for Tyson imo, his conditioning was superb tonight, he threw more than the fair share of shots for an heavyweight, hopefully they give us some more 50/50 fights like that.

I agree.

He was in far better shape than he was against McDermott, but he still needs to go further to reach the top level. His style relys on throwing large numbers of punches, you have to be in amazing shape to fight that way. He isn't there yet. But he is still a kid as far as the heavy weight scene goes. He should steer well clear of Wlad and Vitali at this stage.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul - 2:33

ian_jamsie wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I agree.

He was in far better shape than he was against McDermott, but he still needs to go further to reach the top level. His style relys on throwing large numbers of punches, you have to be in amazing shape to fight that way. He isn't there yet. But he is still a kid as far as the heavy weight scene goes. He should steer well clear of Wlad and Vitali at this stage.

He definitely isn't ready for them, don't see how he causes them problems let alone beats them tbh, he'd smash the likes of Arreola, Dimitrenko though imo, would like him to go the traditional route and defend the title, maybe against Pryce, Towers, Chisora again.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 24 Jul - 2:49

These new heavies are way better than the sprott's, skelton's and harrison's of this world.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul - 2:51

ian_jamsie wrote:These new heavies are way better than the sprott's, skelton's and harrison's of this world.
Would like to see Fury smash Harrison up, like Buncey said on thursday on his show, he's a name, maybe a tarnished one, but i'd like to see Tyson smash him to bits.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluto1978 Sun 24 Jul - 2:55

Can't believe Chisora. What a Pratt. Whenever he got into gear he had Fury in trouble. But he was so out of shape he could throw about 10 punches a round (being generous). Really irritated he's given that fight to Fury from not applying himself. Now that character Fury can call himself a British championship and may get a shot at Wlad.
Only good thing would be to see Fury get punched about the ring.

Bluto1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Sun 24 Jul - 4:13

Good performance by Fury but Chisora looked so out of shape and out of energy so easily so he should question his training, diet, etc because it failed him last night.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 24 Jul - 4:46

Nice performance by Fury, with a bit of a defence and a faster jab he could do something. Chisora wasn't his usual self, although that was down to Fury too, maybe he put the extra poundage on for the clinches but i don't think it done him any favours if that was the case.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 24 Jul - 9:02

PodgeRBR wrote:I hope neither of these have to fight Wlad. That'd be disgusting
bang right there ! they are both no where near the level of wlad , or haye for that matter and this fight has proved it

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 24 Jul - 10:32

We all new the outcome of this fight at the weigh in!

If Chisora would have came in at 240, he would have won IMO. But not with those tactics he was using last night. Dont know what he was playin at last night but he was gassed after 2 rounds and played right into Furys hands.

David Price would beat both of them IMO.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 24 Jul - 11:17

Got to agree Soldier, tipped Dereck but that was before the weigh in is absolutely no excuse for a guy of 6ft 1 to be well over 18 stone. Does make you wonder what these guys do in camp. The daft thing was Fury has always shown a decent set of whiskers so this fight was always likely to go long so conditioning always had a chance of being a factor, and fair play to Fury he was better equipped to go the distance.

Think any talk ofg a Klitschko is fanciful but Price would be a good test at the minute, would fqancy Price who in contrast to Chisora looks to be in terrific shape but would be a good domestic fight and there were occasions last night that Fury was improving, threw his jab on occasion with more authority and utilised some decent combinations. The less said about Chisora the better, showed a complete lack of respect for his opponent or the game and got what he deserved.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next