The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

+48
CaledonianCraig
Born Slippy
profitius
Mr H
lfc91
Shot 21 LCFC
Biltong
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
VDT
Brys
bluestonevedder
rIck_dAgless
MtotheC
XR
alfie
SirJohnnyEnglish
B91212
edgehead79
nadeem2099
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
two_tone
maverickmak
teassoc
RinoGattuso
Shifty
Hero
MIG
I Blame Coco
Paul Mac 6CW
ManWithAPlan
Beer
hampo17
Gameshow Heist
westisbest
scfc1992
President Trump
Enforcer
cherriesfna
Dass
TipToes88
Kenny
Bull
BALTIMORA
legendkillar
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
52 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 15 Empty The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by Adam D Sat 23 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

For fans of the best show on TV last year, here is the trailer for season 2 which starts in October in the States.

I cant wait - it looks awesome:

Youtube in spoiler box
Spoiler:

Last edited by Adam D on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 15 Empty Re: The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by alfie Mon 24 Oct 2016, 1:36 pm

Wow. Episode 1 of 7 doesn't disappoint ! Though not everyone will be happy , perhaps...

Recommend watching after a stiff drink.

alfie

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead! - Page 15 Empty Re: The Walking Dead spoilers/ clips/ speculation ahead!

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

alfie wrote:Wow.  Episode 1 of 7 doesn't disappoint !  Though not everyone will be happy , perhaps...

Recommend watching after a stiff drink.
Appletinis all round then..............

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 26 Oct 2016, 5:19 pm

didnt see that coming, had initially thought abraham so was feeling smug thinking i was right then blam eye popping madness!

good start of the season already, always good when you really want the bad guy to get his comeuppance

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 27 Oct 2016, 8:27 am

I liked how quickly he brought Rick into line. Went from "I'm going to kill you" to Rick crying like a b*tch over what, a few hours? Completely destroyed him. Maybe because Rick knows this is all his fault!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:01 am

Glenn or Michonne(sp) was my guess who was going to be killed.
Didn't think there was going to be 2 killed in the first episode, that was a surprise.

They killed 2 strong characters, good way to start the series.

Interesting to see how this season pans out.

Morgan and co come to save the day and have a battle with Neegans men?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:49 pm

I guessed that it would be either Glenn or Abraham. So at first I wasn't shocked, but then moments later I was really shocked. I love this show. It has evolved a lot since the early days and so far that's been good, but from here on in is it a good thing? They're running out of good characters to kill off...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 27 Oct 2016, 5:33 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I guessed that it would be either Glenn or Abraham. So at first I wasn't shocked, but then moments later I was really shocked. I love this show. It has evolved a lot since the early days and so far that's been good, but from here on in is it a good thing? They're running out of good characters to kill off...

agreed, theres only really rick, maggie and daryl i would actually care if they died. the rest i wouldn't be that bothered

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:09 pm

Carol I'd be bothered about dying, I'm one of the few people as well that likes Carl's character!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 27 Oct 2016, 8:51 pm

Morgan would be a loss if he died.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 27 Oct 2016, 9:00 pm

hes only been in it for 5 minutes, not sure id care that much. certainly dont see what the viewers would have invested in him other than the hope he can help the clan out now. but thats more of a story line than it is any vested interest in the character

carol has been in and out recently and found i didnt really miss her when she was gone, also not really like how the character turned out. i preferred her when she was plain old cold hearted carol. the last season carol was just confusing. in fact i was hoping shed get it (in the zombie sense)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 27 Oct 2016, 10:57 pm

He's been in it from the very beginning.
Ok so he wasn't in it for a good while, for me I was always wondering when he would return.

Thought it was good that he was on the trail of Rick, then finally found him.

Did like his story of how he was trained to kick a55.

Again for me, Carol and Carl are my least favourite and wouldn't miss them if they were to die, I don't think they will though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:58 pm

Negan seems to have an army at his disposal, so I can only see them overcoming him with help from other groups (do I recall correctly that Carol came across another group towards the end of the last season?). The alternative is that Negan's army are turned against him somehow.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 28 Oct 2016, 7:34 pm

Morgan does my head in. All his "All life is precious" Poopie he was preaching had me shouting at the TV a couple of occasions.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 30 Oct 2016, 10:39 am

The problem I have is that it is all getting repetitive. Series ends in conflict against a rival group with a lead character getting killed off then the group moves on to a new 'safe haven' and so we see it all over again.

For me they should cut the ties with following the comic book story line so closely as we then get big clues as to what happens plus it ties the hands of the script-writers. Besides, if such an apocalypse came about then I know I'd be hunting down all government and research facilities for a cure. This is the avenue they should take (similar to the old Incredible Hulk TV series) where they move from place to place to track down a cure.

As it stands with the current direction of the story lines I see it being another US series that ends without a defining finish ie cancelled before it writes in a worthy finish.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 30 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

Yeah comic book wise it's become the equivalent of an old school computer game with end of level baddies.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm

Born Slippy wrote:Negan seems to have an army at his disposal, so I can only see them overcoming him with help from other groups (do I recall correctly that Carol came across another group towards the end of the last season?). The alternative is that Negan's army are turned against him somehow.  

After episode four it is becoming very difficult to see how Rick and his mob are going to turn the tables on Negan.

Which is extremely annoying because after witnessing the latter's smug brutality for several weeks I am getting ready to jump through the screen and strangle him with my bare hands if the scriptwriters can't come up with a suitably ghastly method of killing him...and soon.
I guess this means he is a great villain - and will probably be kept on for quite a while for that reason. The thing is , for me , I can put up with his violence (well at least , given I am not there myself Smile , regard it as understandable in the world they all inhabit : after all , Rick's crew killed off quite a few of his people - and with methods generally frowned upon in the Geneva Convention ) but it is the way he virtually talks them all to death in advance that gives me the willies. Think after five minutes of his voice I'd be begging for the baseball bat to end it all.
Makes me almost nostalgic for the cannibals...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 15 Nov 2016, 5:34 pm

For me there are too big holes in this current plotline. Rick meekly surrendering goes against the beast we know dwells within him. Surely, after they killed Glen and Abraham they would have manned the walls and with all the guns, the walls and the armoury they had they would have attacked Neegan's mob as soon they got out of their trucks - it would have been simple. Or failing that why didn't Rick just club Neegan when he had the chance? Or why not just wait until they had gone and up sticks and move out to live as they wish and start again elsewhere. Nothing at all stopping them from doing that which any sane person would surely do.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 16 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Yes you're right there , Craig...it does seem rather improbable.  I suppose we are meant to accept that Rick has been completely shattered by the violent deaths of his friends (as if he weren't already rather used to that ) and the ordeal he was then subjected to involving - very credible and horrible - threat to Carl , and the part he was forced to play in it ?  So it really isn't the Rick we know at all.  At least for the present...
It does seem extraordinary though that they have done absolutely no planning for the inevitable follow up actions of Negan's thugs.  They might not have been ready to stand and fight ( outnumbered , Daryl is a hostage , fear for their children and non - fighting women) ; but you'd think they would at least have foreseen likely disarmament and made sure to hide a good percentage of their weapons some where outside ...as it was they even presented Negan with an inventory for heavens sake so he could make quite sure he'd cleaned them out of firearms ! Talk about setting yourself up for persecution...
Yeah , it just doesn't ring true.  
I guess we need a certain suspension of disbelief in this show anyway . After all ; Georgia may be a reasonably large State ; but it does seem a little odd that despite driving around quite a lot for some five or six seasons they had previously never even heard of Negan... And now he has somehow succeeded in conquering all the surrounding territory - apparently overnight.

Ah well I'll keep watching but must confess the strain of running this story for seven seasons is starting to show...don't think it is as good as the first two or three.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:29 am

Yeah the main sticking point for me is that they could have took out most of Negan's gang when they were standing at the gate. A missile into the middle and a sustained ambush from all sides would have been mayhem. Admittedly there is no doubt a lot more of them but in this instance I think cutting the head of the snake would cause chaos in the Savior ranks.

Suppose that might be way Daryl was kept so close to Negan, so that any attack would result in his death too.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 16 Nov 2016, 2:35 pm

I just started watching it again. The first episode was disgusting. They went way overboard on it.

But apart from the gore, TWD isn't making much sense anymore. Why would they agree to be Negans slaves when they could fight back or go settle in another area. Negan casually strolls around without a care in the world despite everyone hating him and all fully armed.

The Walking Dead was best when the group were on the run. They started off in the city, went to the quarry then to the farm, then to the prison, then to Termininus (spell?) and on to Alexandria. Alexandria is the most boring place yet.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 4:00 pm

Probably another one of those shows that has gone on for to long.

Its a shame Abraham was killed off, as there is no tough guy characters left.

Forgotten his name, but the guy that rook Daryl's bike needs to be killed off.

Hopefully something will pick up over at the Kingdom.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 16 Nov 2016, 6:42 pm

The sad thing is there are many other unexplored avenues the show has not taken. Put yourself in their situation and there has been no attempt to hunt for a cure or sources where a cure may be worked on ie government research facilities or such-like. Or you'd look to try to move further afield to other countries overseas in hope it hasn't speak there. Instead they are going down the same old same old path..As sure as eggs are eggs the group will rise to depose Neegan and reform to move on to pastures new just down the road and run into another villain to fight.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 16 Nov 2016, 6:49 pm

Loved Negans reaction when Gabriel sneaked up behind him.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 17 Nov 2016, 7:19 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:The sad thing is there are many other unexplored avenues the show has not taken. Put yourself in their situation and there has been no attempt to hunt for a cure or sources where a cure may be worked on ie government research facilities or such-like. Or you'd look to try to move further afield to other countries overseas in hope it hasn't speak there. Instead they are going down the same old same old path..As sure as eggs are eggs the group will rise to depose Neegan and reform to move on to pastures new just down the road and run into another villain to fight.

Yeah I gave up on the whole finding a cure aspect a while back. Especially reading the views of the show creator/writers that it isn't about that. More about human relationships etc. Certainly that would be what I would find most satisfying, searching for answers WHILST fighting the bad guys...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 17 Nov 2016, 2:20 pm

lfc91 wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:The sad thing is there are many other unexplored avenues the show has not taken. Put yourself in their situation and there has been no attempt to hunt for a cure or sources where a cure may be worked on ie government research facilities or such-like. Or you'd look to try to move further afield to other countries overseas in hope it hasn't speak there. Instead they are going down the same old same old path..As sure as eggs are eggs the group will rise to depose Neegan and reform to move on to pastures new just down the road and run into another villain to fight.

Yeah I gave up on the whole finding a cure aspect a while back. Especially reading the views of the show creator/writers that it isn't about that. More about human relationships etc. Certainly that would be what I would find most satisfying, searching for answers WHILST fighting the bad guys...

Agree totally.

The human relationships thing is fine but it is now becoming the same old same old - been there done that.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 25 Nov 2016, 7:28 pm

I see ratings for this season have plummeted with many saying they won't watch it again after that opening episode. I'm delighted because an excellent survival series has turned into a gore fest. Normal people are not turned on by that.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 25 Nov 2016, 8:04 pm

Not a problem with the first episode at all, only decent episode so far this season tbh!
The novel does the gore exactly the same so it's hardly a shocker it happened, the novel does a fair bit worse than the show as well.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 25 Nov 2016, 8:27 pm

I thought the first episode was good.
The rest has been poor.
Something needs to happen fast.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 26 Nov 2016, 10:38 am

The gore isn't the issue for me. Like I have said before it is just a case of same old, same old. Group finds a safe haven but turns out not to be so safe and end up getting into a battle with the locals and a chief member of the group gets killed. That has now happened three times and is getting far too repetitive and no doubt this series is heading to end in a similar fashion. I will say again it is time they cut the ties to the comic books and take the TV series off on its own tangent to different storylines to breathe fresh air into it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 26 Nov 2016, 11:38 am

I agree, the comics just continue to repeat the new villains after Negan as well.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 26 Nov 2016, 11:59 am

Hero wrote:I agree, the comics just continue to repeat the new villains after Negan as well.

And so we will continue the pattern. If viewing figures are dropping then surely the show's writers/producers need to address why that is and to me it is glaringly obvious what that problem is. If they don't break this pattern the series will fizzle out and viewers will continue to lose interest. Pity as there are so many unexplored routes they could take the series to freshen things up.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 9:47 am

Watched the last 2 weeks episodes back to back last night.
Last weeks, thought was very average at best.

Monday nights was a lot better, Neegan was very good again.
Jeffery Dean Morgan playing the part very well.

Next weeks looks good.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:32 am

westisbest wrote:Watched the last 2 weeks episodes back to back last night.
Last weeks, thought was very average at best.

Monday nights was a lot better, Neegan was very good again.
Jeffery Dean Morgan playing the part very well.

Next weeks looks good.

Have you noticed a lot of the articles for various websites seem to be slating both the Negen character and JDM's potrayal of him? Must say I don't get it, think he has been very good so far (in that horrible kind of way)

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Tue 13 Dec 2016, 12:04 am

A fairly poor first half to the series. Even the mid season finale was relatively weak. I'm hopeful all the doom and gloom will lead to a stunning second half of the season but we will have to see.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 14 Dec 2016, 11:03 pm

I thought Mondays was a decent episode.
Better than what we have seen.

Negan just gets better.

Second half of the season looks like it could be good, after a pretty poor first half.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:27 am

No comments for a while on this ?

Not sure where you are all up to in this series so no specifics ; but I am generally enjoying the episodes - although it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain the requisite suspension of disbelief...

One point : surely Negan's "business plan" is essentially unsustainable ? In fact it doesn't seem viable in the first place , unless there are a lot of other subservient farming communities around that we haven't heard of - and that Rick and his pals have somehow failed to detect in several years of trekking all over Georgia Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

For me the show has become like its subject matter, trudging along in a state of semi death waiting for someone to blow its brains out. This season has really dragged.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:31 pm

It seems to be shaping up for the mother of all confrontations, but it could have got there a lot quicker!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 10:32 am

I'm rooting for Negan.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 22 Mar 2017, 10:53 am

Yeah I'd be happy if he killed pretty much all of them.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 23 Mar 2017, 8:10 am

The show no longer passes the Phone/Laptop test with me (The general idea being if i don't lift my phone/laptop for the entirety of an episode then it's a very good show in my eyes). This season just feels like more of the same and not overly exciting.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:24 am

Hotting up...the big finale is looming...

Could be the ending will redeem some of the waffling around lately. We will see...but the flashes look promising.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 26 Feb 2018, 11:26 pm

Second half of season 8 (seems like about season 19 ) under way at last.

More of the usual...bit of blood , gore , brains exploding and Morgan demonstrating nifty work with his stick ...but I wonder if the cast still has their heart in it any more...

Also the most drawn out death scene in television history. Not sure this show has much left in the way of legs. (Or arms , heads or any other body part) But I guess I can stick it out for seven more episodes.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzyD Tue 27 Feb 2018, 7:54 pm

I haven't seen any of this season so far. Kinda lost interest after the painstaking laborious task of viewing the last season

Decided that I might try and kickstart my interest by going back and starting again from when it was good at the beginning but after 3 episodes I've already given up because I know what awaits

gazzyD

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 14 Mar 2018, 7:44 pm

lfc91 wrote:The show no longer passes the Phone/Laptop test with me (The general idea being if i don't lift my phone/laptop for the entirety of an episode then it's a very good show in my eyes). This season just feels like more of the same and not overly exciting.

the show failed on this quite some time ago, now i have it on in the back ground to see where its going. but couldn't care less who lives and who dies. neegan has to be one of the stupidest characters ive seen

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Mar 2018, 3:15 pm

They really just need to get on with it now and get to the bit where Rick sticks Lucille up Neegan's @rse. The last 2 series have been far too slow.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 28 Mar 2018, 6:57 pm

doesn't help when neegan and other saviors seem to be able to dodge bullets no matter how many are fired at them and even when a good 30 guns are pointing at them. in a tv series about zombies why do i find this the most unrealistic Erm

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 28 Mar 2018, 7:29 pm

oh and people are really heavy sleepers seeing though they live in a world infested by zombies

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15