The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

+26
offload
Sin é
Ozzy3213
Preserved Killick
MBTGOG
SecretFly
Pete330v2
GunsGerms
WillyGilly
Notch
PenfroPete
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
aucklandlaurie
littleswannygirl
prop_lyd
Thomond
rodders
ChequeredJersey
perthshirepuma
Cari
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Galway, the Fort at the Mouth of the Stony River.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the upcoming 2014 Six Nations rugby season.

Whisky guinness HugAle Yahoo  music  clap  Chef coffee cuppacake Very Happy  RedWine  laughing  cider  guinness 

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Nelson Mandela along with Charlie Hayter, Rhys Patchell, The Saw Doctors, Kieran Read and Matthew Screech.  

Guests are invited to chance their arm at our newly renovated dartboards featuring caricatures of Roger Lewis and Oliver Cromwell.  devil 

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t47772-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-trebanog

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by prop_lyd Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 am

Afternoon all, had an amazing time in de dam and looking forward to going back soon!
Mr Gibson is an awesome host and guide!

Firs pre season on Saturday... Can't wait!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Notch Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:20 am

PenfroPete wrote:So far I am distinctly underwhelmed by the prospect of the new season -

Domestically (Cardiff Saracens) - lack of players is hindering pre-season training, no friendlies organised
Regionally ('T'Osspreys) - bag o' sh!te, losing to Worcester FFS !!
European - cr@p choice of venue for final and only finalised fixtures for the opening 2 rounds
Internationally - RRW / WRU sort yourselves out w@nkers

Crying or Very sad Thats not great. Ulsters first pre-season on Friday night against Exeter. Will be an interesting season for Ulster with lots of changes in the squad and in the management too.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 am

I think Ulster will miss Johann Muller, Notch. I enjoyed the interview with him before the Pro12 s/f.
A quality guy.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 am

I think we have great replacements for him in terms of playing, Franco van der Merwe is a really good lock and there is also Henderson and Tuohy who have started for Ireland in recent times- but in terms of prescence and leadership he is one of these rare talismanic figures that don't grow on trees. He will indeed be greatly missed.

I think he left at the right time though. His body was breaking down on him, spending more and more time injured, less effective in the loose. That happens to any pro rugby player who plays for fifteen years! So mentally he was this massive personality but physically I don't think he had another season in him.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:17 am

Ok, fair enough.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:47 am

Hound mate. Founder member. So good  to see you post bro.  

We really need to have pints in London soon.

Miss yer Waspy face. X.

Mr and Mrs Prop Rock. Grand time had. Cool people. XX.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:59 am

Howya Gibbo. Smile

Good to hear that prop and Mrs prop enjoyed themselves in the dam.

I'll hopefully get a pre-season friendly in at the weekend;  not sure if it will be Wasps or Ealing atm.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 am

You going to the double header Hound?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 am

I won't be there Oz. Too many idiots these days - I lost count of how many times I had to ask people to sit down a couple of years ago.

Really can't be arsed with them.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:13 am

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The 'showpiece' games at Twickenham and Sarries Wembley 'sell outs" do seem to just attract people there for a day out and some booze and no real interest in the rugby.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:14 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean.  The 'showpiece' games at Twickenham and Sarries Wembley 'sell outs" do seem to just attract people there for a day out and some booze and no real interest in the rugby.

Sounds like a Wales game at the Millennium Stadium.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:11 am

Interesting reading some of the Pro12 predictions. Last week, the regions were ruined. Going to go bust. Now they are going to get at least two teams into the playoffs, going to be a great season.

How on earth do Welsh rugby fans go from the depths of pessimism to unbelievable optimism with the toss of a coin Erm
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:54 am

I'm just glad a deal's been done and the regions haven't been screwed over. That'll do for now. Let's get on with the rugby.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:35 am

music "It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime of the yeeeeeeeeeeeear!" music

No, not fecking Chrissmuss, THE NEW SEASON! And dare I say it...? I'm rather optimistic about it.  Yeah, Sky have got some P-12 games, but hopefully that'll be a boost for the attendances and the league.  Fingers Crossed  Got my first live game on the 19th in the AP...

In other news, we seem to be getting invaded by some important politicians...it's a big pain in the hole for me living near the castle and working near Nooport, but I just hope it goes without incident and it's a safe visit for everyone.  One of their helicopters nearly took out my TV aerial mind...

Hope everyone's well and looking forward to the new season!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 10 3933776953

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 am

Hi Cari. I think there is a NATO pow wow at Celtic Manor starting tomorrow.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:30 am

Indeed there is Dog I was being a bit sarky...it's all we've had here since they started shutting the roads on the 18th of August...and we have another fortnight of disruption even though the delegates go home on Friday. Rolling Eyes Still, it's here now and I just hope there's no bother with it other than a few road closures and delays.

Anyway, I hope you're well and looking after yourself. Smile Nice to see you posting again...I really should drop in more often these days....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 am

Predictions for the 2014/15 season:

Pro12 Ulster
AP Saracens
RCC Racing Metro
WW3 NATO

guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:13 pm

I haven't experienced much disruption, even though my house is right by Tredegar Park where the protesters have set up camp. A few extra helicopters overhead and some policemen in the chip shop near the office, but that's it. Then again, I walk to work so if there's been trouble on the roads, I wouldn't know about it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:01 pm

Our village got 'buzzed' by a Chinook helicopter at 2:15 ......

.... in the feicin morning, searchlights blazing  !!!

We're 10 miles from Kairdip Castle and 20 miles from the Celtic Manor and we don't have a big history of being radicalised in our area Rolling Eyes
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:07 pm

You'll be fine, lucky. You'd have great pedestrian sense I'd imagine.

Cari - I'm getting a lot of choppers flying low over me too lately. I usually just wave the Kalashnikov and they then flash their lights back at me. Think they are looking for other more sinister people though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Obama will be about 1 mile from my house when he visits the school! Been allowed to work from home but just drove to Cardiff for a meeting and there's no traffic!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 am

Afternoon All Smile

Prop - I was given half day so I went in normal time on my 6:25 bus and the roads were busier than usual at that time, but still relatively quiet. Loads of students and drunks about in town mind when I walked in to get the bus. Erm I got the 11:00am bus home and the roads were dead. I was in the house by noon...it was very weird. Not many pedestrians about either. One good thing about the road closures was the peace. I realised how much noise the traffic makes. People seemed to talk almost in hushed tones. I have to go back to work again tomorrow. I hope it's equally quiet.

Penfro - I think that same helicopter might've been buzzing above my gaff at half two in the morning. I'm expecting more of the same tonight whilst they're having their dinner in the castle.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:00 am

I'm doing ok Cari, thanks. Some of the helicopters will be media, but not the Chinook! When I was based on The Strand we used to have them flying over regularly when stuff was going on at Westminster, about half a mile away. They are a bit unsettling if you're not used to them.

My season predictions:-

AP - Tigers. They have recruited well. Sarries, Saints + Bath to make up the other play off spots.

Pro12 - Leinster. Very strong squad despite BOD and Cullen retiring. I fancy Scarlets to be the top Welsh side and make the play offs along with Glasgow and Munster.

T14 - Toulouse, with Toulon, Montpellier and Stade Français in the top four. Castres and Clermont in 5th and 6th. Clermont's fortress has been well and truly breached recently.

RCC - Can't see beyond Toulon, such a strong squad.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:07 am

I don't think there'll be any big changes yet to the top of the P-12 table just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if Leinster and Glasgow are the top two again.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:39 am

I know the new Euro comp isn't popular with most supporters of Pro12 teams, but I do wonder if there will be some friction between the Irish and Welsh unions and the Provinces and Regions if they have games that could mean the difference between qualifying and not qualifying. Players are expected to only play a certain number of games. That could cause problems in the last few weeks of the league season.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 am

I'd love Glasgow to win the Pro12. Speaking of Glasgow, we're flying up there tomorrow for the weekend, although not in a Chinook.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:45 am

Think it's mostly Ospreys flying around no? The airplane come helicopter thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:13 am

How are you Dragons fans Smile

I hope you have a good season.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:06 am

Ummm, could be a good signing - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:09 am

Think we'll have a slight improvement, but a lot of teams have strengthened. Just appears we might not retreat so much in the scrums, which is nice.

Good to hear from you Hound.

That Osprey is weird how it flies. Really tricky to get the angle right when it changes from helicopter to plane type thing. I'm not a spotter, but loved seeing them in Bastion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:09 pm

If we stop conceding penalties / tries from catch-and-drives and scrums, that'll be a huge improvement. When Connacht came to town last season, and Northampton and Bath (I think) in the LV, they scored tries for fun through the forwards. I know pre-season friendlies don't count for anything, but Saints didn't get much change out of our pack last Friday so hopefully we've turned a corner.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Hound of Harrow wrote:How are you Dragons fans Smile

I hope you have a good season.

How are you mate?
Hope you are feeling good and Wasps have a great season.

Knackered on a Friday afternoon here.
The build is going well; the first floor wall frames are mostly up. We had a lot of rain in August. Now some strong winds off the ocean.
It should be warm again soon though... anytime from about now on. My lips are chaffed to buggery though. I blame the sawdust.

Waikato 3 Tasman 16 just on HT. That Marty Banks is a darn good player. A real point-scoring machine. Kiwi Pete will be happy.

Morning Lucky.
Is the NATO entourage still in town?
I really liked that Men of Harlech introduction yesterday. Good to see all those military blokes with their flags marching together in harmony.  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 am

Lucky/Rev - Stankovich and Gough will make a real difference to your pack. Plus Richie Rees and Tovey can set loose some talented youngsters in the back line. Byrne should also add a bit more defensive nous from full back.

Maybe not top six, but challenging for RCC qualification is on the cards imo.

Hi LD. Cheers - I'm going ok thanks. Yeah, summer is just around the corner down there Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:01 am

Penfro - you may want to edit the TV guide. You have Aus v SA k.o. as 13:05. It's 11:05.

thumbsup

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:01 am

Goughy will probably be on the bench a lot. It seems a little like Richie Rees has fallen out of favour a bit recently. Jon Evans is back first choice and tomorrow we have gone for a player who is covering 9 and 10 off the bench.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:Penfro - you may want to edit the TV guide. You have Aus v SA k.o. as 13:05. It's 11:05.

thumbsup

Sorted Dog , how's it going bud ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:27 am

Evening All,

It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere! The Pro-12! And fair fooks to Guinness they've developed a tidy little app for the P-12 too which I've downloaded.  Shame Obama's gone home, he should've stayed and watched a quality sport! Wink

In work we were allowed outside to watch the military fly past which went over our building this morning.  I was just glad to be out of the office for half an hour. Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:53 am

Going alright Penfro, thanks. Blydi peed off that RCC can't announce the dates and times of the December games.

steam

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:58 am

That's a tad frustrating Dog when fans want to plan and book their trips.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 am

Howya Cari. Smile

With the away games (Castres for us in Dec) the sooner you can book flights the cheaper it is.

I've been all over the place watching Wasps and we've usually managed to reasonable priced flights.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:58 am

Ospreys scrum mullered, though I would've pinged the Treviso tighthead for standing/popping up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:42 am

That's what I was thinking Dog I hope fans don't end up paying a fortune for travel to matches. I'm always looking at a couple of away fixtures meself...nowhere extravagant though.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:43 am

Any score updates will be appreciated.

Blydi Setanta... the only reason I signed up was for these rugby games but all I can see is Bundesliga and "Sky Bet" League 1 matches.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:45 am

23-6 to Ospreys, but I'm a bit behind watching online. Concentrating more on Wigan v Leeds in the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:54 am

Cheers Rev.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:16 am

37-13 now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:26 am

FT. 44-13 (I assume Biggar kicked the conversion). Be interested to know, how good Ospreys are and how poor Treviso are. Not too bad a crowd, but obviously it looks small in that stadium.

George North on fire tonight. Shows what a good result it was for Dragons to turn them over last week. Friday and the derby should be interesting.

Meanwhile, the Rugby League is getting spicy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 am

Hi folks. The Pro12 & AP are well underway. Who would have predicted Connacht and Exeter in play off spots already.

A long way to go yet, but Dragons and Glaws are the big disappointments for me in both leagues.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next