The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

+26
offload
Sin é
Ozzy3213
Preserved Killick
MBTGOG
SecretFly
Pete330v2
GunsGerms
WillyGilly
Notch
PenfroPete
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
aucklandlaurie
littleswannygirl
prop_lyd
Thomond
rodders
ChequeredJersey
perthshirepuma
Cari
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Galway, the Fort at the Mouth of the Stony River.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the upcoming 2014 Six Nations rugby season.

Whisky guinness HugAle Yahoo  music  clap  Chef coffee cuppacake Very Happy  RedWine  laughing  cider  guinness 

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Nelson Mandela along with Charlie Hayter, Rhys Patchell, The Saw Doctors, Kieran Read and Matthew Screech.  

Guests are invited to chance their arm at our newly renovated dartboards featuring caricatures of Roger Lewis and Oliver Cromwell.  devil 

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t47772-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-trebanog

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 pm

We might get a few more people in here with Cromwell up on the dartboard.
Whistle

Indeed, darts could see a marked upturn in popularity.

Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Yes Hound... the descendants of the Roundheads will be after me I'm sure.  Smile 

I was tossing up whether to put Mitch up there. Not a very popular bloke I'd imagine. Maybe he will implode later on today?

Charlie's there for you, mate.
Great surnames... Hayter and Screech.

The last pub was the slowest in the history of the v2 threads. Over 3 months!
(sorry Gibbo & Cari...I need to lift my game, right?)  kiss 

I'm hoping things will pick up as the 6N approaches and the usual frenzied debate occurs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:44 am

I can't speak for any other England (cricket) fans, but I don't have a problem with Mitchell Johnson. He's had bad times against England in the past, and when you see a fast bowler in fine form, it's great to see.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:08 am

Morning all.

I am waiting for our Christmas tree to be delivered.

It could be a New Year tree at this rate!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 767733566 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 am

How long ago did you order it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am

20th of November.

They said it would be dispatched on 29th.

Then they said it would be sent on the 9th and with us on the 10th. Waited in for 3 days and still no tree!!!

The kids are disappointed.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 767733566 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am

Blydi hell, they're taking their time then!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 am

I know Lucky. I am fairly patient with deliveries but this is beyond a joke now. We are trying to make sure someone is at home just in case the thing arrives as we really don't want any further delays.

I get that this is a really busy time for Christmas Tree vendors and couriers but it's not much use to us if it arrives after Christmas!

The best of it is that we usually have a real tree which we avoid putting up too early. This year we decided to get an artificial one so we could it up that bit earlier!

Doh 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:54 am

Too hiberno-centric this bar  Wink kiss 

How did Matthew Screech get a pic up. That guy is a good signing by the looks

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 am

I think Breaker just liked his surname, Rev.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:13 am

Risca Rev wrote:Too hiberno-centric this bar  Wink kiss 

How did Matthew Screech get a pic up. That guy is a good signing by the looks

Just plucked some names out of the team sheets, Rev.

You're right though... it is rather hiberno centric. I must be going through one of my hiberno phases I guess.  Smile 

Lucky, I don't mind Johnson either. When he bats well he usually... (hang on - someone's at the door)  Run

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Another good day for your lot in the end, Breaker. Boo! tomato

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Another good day for your lot in the end, Breaker. Boo! tomato

Yup, another 400+ score coming up. I really think England have been complacent, but Aus have played some good cricket.

Afternoon folks.

Any sign of that tree, MrsP?

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Yahoo 

It just arrived!!!!!

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3602195817 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3602195817 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3933776953 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:11 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3602195817 

Woohoo!! TV2 starts for Wasps on Sunday.
Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Well, not quite as  Yahoo  as our Christmas tree arriving but good news nonetheless.

Who was TV1?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:28 pm

evening folks

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Great news, MrsP! And well done Hound, although I have to admit I don't have a clue what TV2 is!

EDIT: TV is Tom Varndell?

Breaker, they had a chance and once again they didn't take it. By all accounts they were bowling too short to Smith and Haddin. Plus, I'm annoyed that Andy Flower was talking about not being afraid to make big calls in terms of selection, only to make one, relatively conservative change to the XI.

What have you made of the cricket, CF?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Correct lucky. TV1 = Tom Voyce.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 pm

not good LP...the side appears to be in decline..problem is when we beat them 3 years ago in OZ the side were at their peak, and on top of their game, now they're getting on a bit, and not quite the same side...also Lehman has been a breath of fresh air for OZ..

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Aye CF - Lehmann learned a lot at Yorkshire.

You and the wee Ps got that tree decorated yet MrsP?

Run

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:27 pm

And lucky and Rev. Tough lines against BB last night. See the T14 thread - they are the epitome of the French team who couldn't give two sh'ts away from home, but will turn it on at home.

They are coached by ex Wasps Ibanez and Worsley.

Sorry

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Cheers pal. I spoke to a player about it and he said he felt really sorry for our props last night. Three yellow cards is a nightmare though.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Tree sorted thanks Hound. And very good it looks too if I may say so!

What were the yellows for Rev?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Coombs taking a man out in the air, one for a line out and I think one for something like kicking the ball out of the scrumhalf's hands. Can't remember exactly (drunk yesterday Wink). I'll look

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Haha. I don't know where I got the scrumhalf one from.

Coombs (4) taking a man in the air, Lewis Evans (6) dangerous tackle and Sidoli (5) taking a man out in the line out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Well done MrsP and the shoal. I hope you all enjoyed the fun of decidiing where each bauble should go.

My ex missus was not happy unless there were umpteen dozen chocolate things adorning the tree.

Bed time - there's some more rugby on tomorrow I believe.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Ah sure that marriage was doomed from the start!

Didn't she know that you should not put chocs on the tree if there's a  Dog around???

Very Happy 

Thus no choccy bits on the P treee!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Glad your tree arrived Mrs P.  Very Happy How's it looking?

I went for the artificial variety this time - I do miss the smell of fresh pine in the morning though!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Ha! I've that covered. I bought things called "Scenticles" which you hang on the tree and smell like pine!

http://www.scentsicles.com/

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 am

Very clever sourcing!
Problem with chocolates here is that they tend to melt quickly. One has to get in there quickly.... before our canine friends do.

That reminds me. We had this lovely cat named Issy - who used to love zipping up the tree in a spiral fashion. How she didn't get zapped is one of those great mysteries. The more we fell about the place laughing... the more animated she became. Head and whiskers popping out from amongst the needles and baubles for a split second.... then disappearing again.  

We had to pretend to walk out of the room then sneak back in again. She was always wise to our sneaky 'gameplan' though. It was almost impossible to get a firm grip on her. It took quite a few goes to get her off after many failed attempts.  Smile 

(I actually have her little red bell-necklace studded with fake diamonds just under the angel)  Sad

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 am

Awh LB.

Hug 

I hope it wasn't a Tree related incident that did for her?

I'm so pleased with the tree I might just post a wee pic later!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:16 am

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/dec/13/death-of-a-schoolboy-ben-robinson-concussion-rugby-union

Not an easy read I warn you, but, we need to get this message through.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 am

Well that was an interesting morning!

Was at P3's hockey match and it was so windy that the Goals blew away!

Three times!

It was quite comical watching the defenders and the goalie struggling to put them back while the match continued. One of the dad's took a picture of P3 holding on to the posts with her stick to stop them blowing away again!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Good Evening All  coffee 

Hope everyone's well and looking forward to the festive season. Apologies for my absence, I'm ashamed that I've abandoned this place - and slacking with rugby generally it seems. Nice to pop in when we've come to Galway (Incidentally, that Connacht match last weekend was awesome. Shame it was relegated to the Red Button coverage, but what a stormer it was). I'm working seven until three these days so I'm leaving the house at ten to six and getting home about twenty past four, so weekday evenings I'm usually too knackered to do much. However, I am going to the Xmas derby next Friday evening at the Arms Park. I've got a woolly hat shaped like an xmas pudding to wear so you won't miss me on Scrum V  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3513163098 I'm looking forward to it as I haven't been to a match live since O's v Leinster.

So anyway, now I'm sat at home in my onesie with a brew watching The Good Life, I thought it a good opportunity to catch up. I'm definitely not going out this evening (and likely tomorrow) due to the crap weather. All that wind and rain has reached Cardiff - although it was lovely when I went to the gym at eight this morning. I'm not surprised the goals blew away at the hockey MrsP if it's anything like here. Nice to see Ulster got another BP win today. If they carry on like that, Tommy could well be coming to see me next May  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3513163098  Sadly the O's have bombed out of Europe - even mathematically I think. Although they did beat Castres last night, it was too late as usual.  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 1054138444 Looks like they'll be focusing on the Pro-12 again then. I feel that all this row going on in Welsh rugby at the moment is diminishing my spirits when it comes to the game....I wish they'd blydi sort it out. It's not good.  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 767733566 

On a happier note, I'm all done for another year. The tree went up last weekend, the presents have been bought and delivered, cards sent and we even did the Secret Santa in work yesterday. I did well in that - I got an Ulster mousemat with Tommy on it. A lot of thought must've gone into that, I was impressed. Gives me something to look at in work too. I'll be on my Jack Jones for Christmas Day as I'm working Christmas Eve, but I'm not bothered about that. On Boxing Day I'm meeting my friend in town, so it's only the one day. Then it's back into work on the Friday. When I was at the gym today, I was chatting to one of the trainers/manager there and she's working Christmas Day. She said that she's put up a spin class for ten o'clock Christmas morning to see if anyone turns up...I said I'd go for a laugh if I can get up...  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3602195817 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Hey, Cari! The weather here has been appalling all day, only poked my nose outside to feed my birdies. I smiled to see a sparrow splashing away in the Laugh  bird bath even though the rain was coming down in stair rods. Last night's games were pretty poor so good to see some better fare today.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 pm

I haven't seen any rugby today Puma. To be honest, I think I might've fallen out of love with rugby a bit recently...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:24 pm

It would be pretty easy to get disillusioned by rugby giving the utter balls-up the administrators of the game are making of it in Wales and Europe generally.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:26 pm

I think that's what it is Notch. I do still love the game itself - watching Connacht last week is a good example - I'm just not spending so much time on it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:15 pm

True about how the game (certainly the HC) has been just trampled by the owners of the APL (?) you know who I mean - it's just a power grab for the money. We wretched fans don't matter a damn.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Or do I mean a money grab for the power? Is there a difference? Is there a philosopher in the house?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry Puma, got distracted by a film on telly - Tron Legacy. Now I'm not fussed on sci-fi but the soundtrack is pretty cool and Garrett Hedlund is rather scrummy...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:56 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:True about how the game (certainly the HC) has been just trampled by the owners of the APL (?) you know who I mean - it's just a power grab for the money.  We wretched fans don't matter a damn.

The majority of the fans of the AP clubs feel the same puma. Our clubs may not have been prominent in the HC in recent seasons, but they love the Euro away trips.

Ditto the Amlin.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:03 pm

I still hope that some deal can be reached. I don't care if its on BT or Sky so long as its on one broadcaster.

Every competition needs its pantomime villains, and when you look at the way French teams pick and choose their battles and throw in the towel once they are out the idea of a competition without the English isn't as much fun.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:37 pm

For the first time ever in Australia they've decided to put the Rd 4 HEC scores on the Foxtel side panel. Nice to see. So one of Murdoch's Minions must have a brain after all!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:56 pm

As promised, The Tree.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe Xmas_t12
The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe Xmas_t13

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe 3845856932

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 pm

My wee niece was out here earlier in the week and she's all fascinated by the Christmas Tree; we hold her up to look at it and she grabs at the baubles. Too cute.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Awhhhh!

How's she doing?

Will they be up for Christmas?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 pm

She's doing great- she's so big! She's like the 98th percentile or something for her age. But then she was big when she was born. She's really starting to try and manipulate objects and toys with both hands and wants to be sat up so she can see everything.

She'll be here with us for a few days over Christmas, along with her other Uncle and her parents.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next