The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be tiger's next caddy

+10
JAS
Onetoanother
Bob_the_Job
sharrison01
super_realist
SmithersJones
Rossa
kwinigolfer
GloucesterBear
Bagman
14 posters

Go down

Who will be tiger's next caddy Empty Who will be tiger's next caddy

Post by Bagman Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Who do you think will be Tiger woods' next caddy will be

Bagman

Back to top Go down

Who will be tiger's next caddy Empty Re: Who will be tiger's next caddy

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Happy Gilmore!
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:17 pm

He used Billy Foster once before. Do you think Mr.Foster's pay just went up?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossa Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

Bones Whistle
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bagman Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

Rossa wrote:Bones Whistle

I'm sure Phil would be delighted to let bones caddy for his best mate

Bagman

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 20 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

I'm going to say no-one. I think he's done, the leg's not going to recover and he'll retire.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:13 am

He should just get a Powakaddy, they don't talk back, give you advice or tell on you when you are caught in flagranti with numerous women of dubious virtue.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:29 am

I think that Super's the man for the job - can give him a brutal telling off when he does something wrong...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:38 am

I noticed he's getting a little flabby too, not fat but he's certainly out of condition.

I'd put him on the Shane Lowry diet. A hugely fat Tiger Woods would be hilarious.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:21 am

The way he was driving for a while there, Ray Mears would have been a good shout. As ever with Woods, his decisions and announcements are interesting in their content and timing.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

Very surprised he had the good grace to wait until The Open was over and that he permitted Clarke to enjoy his win before announcing it.
He's not normally known for having much class, so at least credit to him for having better timing for a change.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetoanother Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:25 am

Tigers leg will keep him out for another 6 months at least - those illegal injections and roid usage over the years has taken its toll. CComing off steroids causes massive issues to the body.

As for a caddy - he will go with a young one who will do as hes told and not become a media face in his own right. Tiger is a controll freak even more now than ever.

Onetoanother

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

I wouldn't actually be surprised if SJ has hit the nail on the head. Williams stuck by his man during the worst of his troubles, why would he suddenly leave now for (and I mean no disrespect to Adam Scott here) a lesser force in the game.

I could understand the temporary arrangement but making it permanent...hmmm!!!

So who actually dumped who? Or are they both too polite to come clean about what's really behind the split?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

Ontoanother - are those statements factually based or just conjecture?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:37 am

Is Adam Scott actually a lesser force nowadays? Not far off winning The Masters this year, and although he hasn't fulfilled his potential or quite lived up to his hype he's certainly had better results lately and has a stable ranking unlike the free falling Woods.
This is probably actually a good move for Williams, because if Woods fails to return to form upon his return Williams can't be blamed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:41 am

Onetoanother - you have to be VERY careful making unproven allegations like that. More to the point WE have to be very careful what we allow from a legal viewpoint. Can you please refrain from comments such as that, or at the very least state them in slightly less libellous ways. Thanks

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetoanother Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:47 am

ok - retract all my comments about Tiger and apologise unreservedly. Pure speculation etc... Shocked

Last edited by Onetoanother on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Onetoanother

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

it seems pretty clear that he was the one dumped!
for the first time IMO Stevie actually came across quite well

"Given the circumstances of the past 18 months working through Tiger's scandal, a new coach and with it a major swing change and Tiger battling through injuries, I am very disappointed to end our very successful partnership"

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:01 am

Onetoanother wrote:ok - retract all my comments about Tiger and apologise unreservedly. Pure speculation etc... Shocked

I cant stand idiots who make stupid allegations. I mean never mind the fact roids has zero bearing on golf if anything too much muscle is detrimental to golf. Only idiots who know nothing about golf and used to reading tabloids spout this garbage.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

I think that Tiger needs and older caddy now. Williams was great when Tiger was invincible because he was as arrogant as Tiger and they could just go around telling everyone what they think of them and where to go because they were such a force on the course. Tiger cannot do that anymore because his golf cannot back up his arrogance so he needs a change of tact to come back as strong. An older caddy would benefit him by having an old head around when he's about to do something stupid or act in a childish manner and could also become a sort of father figure that Tiger appears to be missing - Williams was more like a wingman!

I would be surprised by Tiger doing this as already pointed out he will probably want a young caddy that he can manipulate but I think that if he wants to get back to his best he needs to become invincible in a different way. The arrogant "I can do whatever I want" attitude will no longer work but maybe a close team that is more like a family could inflict that fear into players through their close self confidence.

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

KeizoYamata wrote:I cant stand idiots who make stupid allegations. I mean never mind the fact roids has zero bearing on golf if anything too much muscle is detrimental to golf. Only idiots who know nothing about golf and used to reading tabloids spout this garbage.

Keizo - I asked Onetoanother nicely just to cover ourselves legally, and he has (I hope) accepted the informal request in the way it was offered.

I'm also asking you informally not to call other members "idiots" or any other insulting way. Thank you

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Onetoanother Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

edited this as cant be bothered to answer as i was going to. Will gracefully back out of posting for a while - im sure you will be glad to hear.

Onetoanother

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:19 am

O2A, it doesn't mean that golfers are taking steroids.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

Onetoanother wrote:edited this as cant be bothered to answer as i was going to. Will gracefully back out of posting for a while - im sure you will be glad to hear.

Yeah come back when you have credible stuff to post about and not your tabloid junk. We stick to stick to facts here.

Goodbye and God bless

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Yeah well done Keizo....another poster leaves the boards due to your "all about golf" chat.

Onetoanother had retracted his statement until you waded in. I had politely asked if it was factually based or conjecture, Davie then followed up and politely pointed out that he should be careful what he posts. Then you come along and just talk about golf, you just can't help yourself can you.
In your case calling someone else an idiot is what psychologists call projection!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

JAS wrote:Yeah well done Keizo....another poster leaves the boards due to your "all about golf" chat.

Onetoanother had retracted his statement until you waded in. I had politely asked if it was factually based or conjecture, Davie then followed up and politely pointed out that he should be careful what he posts. Then you come along and just talk about golf, you just can't help yourself can you.
In your case calling someone else an idiot is what psychologists call projection!!

Mods can we have a violin smilie for JAS and One2? I am an idiot but at least I stick to the facts Smile

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

Davie wrote:
KeizoYamata wrote:I cant stand idiots who make stupid allegations. I mean never mind the fact roids has zero bearing on golf if anything too much muscle is detrimental to golf. Only idiots who know nothing about golf and used to reading tabloids spout this garbage.

Keizo - I asked Onetoanother nicely just to cover ourselves legally, and he has (I hope) accepted the informal request in the way it was offered.

I'm also asking you informally not to call other members "idiots" or any other insulting way. Thank you

I was referring to his comment not him as a person. I don't know him personally. Btw I did not have enough sleep last night, everything is a bit muddled this morning. So my posts might be a bit off tangent.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

That is a terrible excuse.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:09 am

KeizoYamata wrote:I was referring to his comment not him as a person. I don't know him personally. Btw I did not have enough sleep last night, everything is a bit muddled this morning. So my posts might be a bit off tangent.

Sounds like code for 'i've realised i've been spouting a load of Love sacks and need to wriggle out of it'

Thought you'd have come up with something better than that after what must amount to a bit of practise.
You'd best get back to bed bucko Hug
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

What's a Smilie??...and no, you make them up as you go along.

I would say this though, if I could learn to tolerate you you'd be an excellent 4bbb partner, the opposition would get so wound up Wink The only trouble is I like to enjoy my golf and I have a sneaky feeling that would be difficult in your presence.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:38 am

JAS wrote:Yeah well done Keizo....another poster leaves the boards due to your "all about golf" chat. !

Keizo certainly initiated this but there are a lot of posters holding themselves with little dignity at the moment. Every thread just seems to be a childish argument rather than a debate...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 11:51 am

Seems this thread has gone the way of many others. As we have two threads about Tiger and Stevie I'm going to lock this one and direct people to the other one instead https://www.606v2.com/t9924-tiger-dumps-stevie

If I'd caught them early enough I'd have merged them but they are both too long now and would just jumble up if merged

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down