The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Boxing is the winner...

2 posters

Go down

When Boxing is the winner... Empty When Boxing is the winner...

Post by kevchadders Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Though the Haye Wlad fight didnt live up to what some of us expected, I think now would be a good time to reflect on the positives from that fight.

For me the build up, excitement and anticipation leading up to the fight was more important than the result. Regardless of what people think of Haye, he had painted himself as the perfect pantomime villain. With just as many wanting him to win, as to fail. I was in Liverpool for the fight and all the pubs where jam packed and buzzing with all the people trying to get a view of the screen. Everyone had an opinion on the outcome as well, which ranged for the silly to the well thought out.

Or to put it another way boxing was back as the centre piece, and when you get big fights in the blue riband division I don't think that crossover appeal so rarely found in other sports can be matched in any other division. To me, this is why boxing so badly need a competitive talented heavyweight division. It gives the fire to the young to make them take more of an interest in boxing. Those fights become the ones they talk about when they speaks about what first got them interested in the sport.

I just hope it can find its way back soon, as i miss those nights.

Do you agree/disagree? What do you believe is the solution to getting the HW division back to being one of the best?

Last edited by kevchadders on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

When Boxing is the winner... Empty Re: When Boxing is the winner...

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:43 pm

i think with fury chisora been freely avalible on five at a decent hour, if it is a good fight it could be a massive boost, the interest is still there from the hype from the haye fight and if its a corker it will go a long way towards creating interest. think price against the winner or loser could be another fight to carry on the momentum

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down