The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We have a winner...

+4
GSC
crazy_dave23
Pr4wn
GB1919
8 posters

Go down

We have a winner... Empty We have a winner...

Post by GB1919 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

...and it's Rex Grossman!

Personally I'm shocked.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

We have a winner... Empty Re: We have a winner...

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm not, he had the better preseason.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:17 pm

Interceptasaurus Rex rules again!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:22 pm

Whoever wins, the Redskins lose. Literally.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:45 pm

He's here all night!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GB1919 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

I think I would still take the risk vs limited reward guy over the slightly less risk vs no reward guy.

Shanahan also spoke quite highly of Beck during the preseason.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

Grossman is now a 8/9 year veteran so I doubt there's a heap of improvement in him. His completion rate was around the 50% last time I looked and he's always struggled to avoid sacks, doesn't recognise an opportunity quickly enough, fumbles the ball too much and is not accurate.
He may even have more career ints/fumbles than TD's.
Seriously, I can't see how Shanahan thinks there's an upside to starting Rex....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:05 pm

Beck was hurt in pre-season and it showed in the last game. Odds are with more training time he'll be installed as starter assuming Rex screws up at some stage. Then again, Rex may surprise us all.

I think we're set up for a 6-8 win season and will move for a top QB in the draft. We finally seem to be looking 2-3 years down the line instead of what we can do next week.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

Good point skins, 4 QBs were off the board by the time they picked this year so I assume they thought it was a waste using a round 1 pick on a 5th best player in his position.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

I don't think we were ever going to draft a high rated QB this year. To trade up for Newton, Locker etc. would have been back to the old ways of paying the earth for an unknown. Personally, my logic is trading up a few places is one thing, but throwing away your draft to move up 10 or more slots is way too risky.

Then again, Mallett may turn out to be a steal for the Patriots based on early showing. OTOH is he looking good because he has a brilliant mentor? Would he be good on another team?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

Shanny is great at grooming RBs, not so hot with producing a viable QB.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by SkinsFan Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:34 am

I never thought I would be so happy when told Grossman had won a QB battle to be the redskins starter, a year or so ago, but he was the better guy in pre season as mentioned above and he looked ok at the back end of last season if not spectacular. In my eyes neither Beck nor Grossman are ever going to be the future of the franchise, they are barely in my eyes the present of the franchise!

Grossman gives the team a solid base and the running game looks a lot better with an improved O-Line and a fit starter, this season isn't about winning a division or even a winning season, it is about starting to rebuild the mess of a franchise we have been for such a long time. I'm pretty happy with our draft, I don't rate the QB class at all, and felt with a normal FA there would have probably only been 2 QBs in the first round. There was no way we could take Mallett, we have only just removed the egos and the personal problems from our roster so couldn't risk taking a punt on a guy who misses a meeting with a team hungover and had reported drug issues! Kerrigan has impressed me in pre season as had Jenkins until the injury, and a couple of the later picks showed glimpses that we may finally be getting good value out of the draft, maybe Synder will realise that not shipping off all our picks is a good system! I think that Helu will be Shanny's next mid round 1000 yard rusher.

give us 2 more seasons of solid drafts and sensible activity in FA and we will be the franchise we should have been for the past decade. However I do worry that DS will start to run out of patience with another season at around 6-10.

SkinsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down