The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

+25
ChequeredJersey
eirebilly
Notch
Kenny
hampo17
Morgannwg
mckay1402
red_stag
mystiroakey
Thomond
john7878
Adam D
Hero
bluestonevedder
Gregers
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Bull
Don Caboose
Beer
Skydriver
CFCNick
talkingpoint
Fernando
Crimey
hodge
29 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 3 Empty Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by hodge Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:

Put it spoiler so you can't accidently see anything

hodge

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:48 am

Haha, thanks Mystir! I'm just thinking that now more people will have heard of him, aside from comic book fans.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by hampo17 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:39 pm

Saw this last night and loved every second. Bale was yet again fantastic, and it was a great way to end the trilogy.

Spoiler:

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:58 pm

There were one or two parts where you had to stop and think a second to wonder what Bane said but other than that no problems. I know they said that they didn't re do the voice after problems at the test screening but that's bollix.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

I'm going to have to watch it again soon, give a second opinion on it. For me though, the Joker is still the best bad guy. RIP Heath, the performance of that character was on another level.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

Agree Morg but overall this was a far better film. You take Ledger out of TDK it goes to a 6/7 from about 9. I thought this was a superior effort.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:07 pm

Hardy is such a wonderfull actor , so i was abit gutted that he had this mask on which doesnt show the subtities of his acting, but at the same time still well done and the character fitted the story-ledgers joker was immense though, but in a way somewhat stole the show.

This film was more like a continuation from batman beigins

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:13 pm

Agree with that Oakey, which I said in one of the spoilers I think.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 24 Jul 2012, 6:00 pm

I watched it lastnight and while i thought it was a good film well put together with some good performances i wouldn't say it would get more then a 7.5 maybe a 8 from me . Wont be getting in any of my top tens .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

A very good film in my view. More of a summer blockbuster in feel than I expected (and a fantastic spectacle on the IMAX screen), but I was impressed with the fairly intricate weaving together - in terms of basic plot threads but also pulling in elements of storylines and characters from the source material. I take people's point that it's more like a sequel to Batman Begins than The Dark Knight, but the consequences of the 2nd instalment are of key importance to set up as well.

Anyway, in summary - impossible for it to have exceeded expectations given how high they were, but I still thought it was excellent.

BTW - a nice surprise to see a new trailer for 007 Skyfall before the movie, exclusively on IMAX I think though.

Spoiler:

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:40 am

Okay. I really HATE to be that guy... because I wanted to love this film. I watched Batman Begins and the Dark Knight on Saturday and Sunday and I was very excited. But this was weaker than those films. It was a good ride, but maybe a victim of the hype and the sheer excellence of the second in the trilogy.

There were a lot of moments in the film where I just shook my head at the silliness of it; obviously it is silly, superhero films are all inherently silly if you think about them deeply, and if you're complaining about lack of realism in a Batman movie you're totally missing the point! But the first two I could only pick apart afterwards. This one, I didn't buy into it from the start.

But the magnificence of the first two is that Nolan managed to make them feel realistic as you were watching them, he made you suspend your disbelief and buy into it on an emotional level and at times that was a struggle for me in a way that it just wasn't with the first two. Maybe because in the TDK Heath Ledger was so captivating as the Joker you never questioned that character. Even though you so easily could. Bane, on the other hand- I never understood his motivations, he never frightened me or intrigued me. I felt like things happened in the TDK because the Joker acted in a way consistent with his character. I feel like Bane acted the way he did because things needed to happen. What motivations he did have felt like a rehash of the plot from Batman Begins.
Spoiler:

Still really enjoyed those three hours you understand. The direction, music, sound design and acting were sensational as they always are with Chris Nolan. I'm not saying I didn't like it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. But I never loved it. It was good and thats all.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 25 Jul 2012, 1:52 am

Spoiler:

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:21 am

What motivates them? Good question, the League of Shadows like to apparently keep the world in order and were responsible for the collapse of the Roman Empire (strange people). That and what mysti said about Talia. I actually thought Al-Gul's story was a very good one. Did Nolan have that in mind from Batman Begins or did it just coincedentally fit in?

Last edited by Morgannwg on Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:22 am

Here is my review of The Dark Knight Rises

Well the Batman triology is now finally over. How does it match up to it's predecessors? Well The Dark Knight was always a tall order to follow. The story in The Dark Knight fell into place nicely. Strangely I felt underwhelmed by The Dark Knight Rises. When Batman Begins fed into The Dark Knight, there wasn't much of massacre of characters. You had Rachel Dawes, Jim Gordon, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth. After the Dark Knight we lost Commisioner Loeb, Rachel Dawes, Harvey Dent. The timescales involved between the 2 movies was 2 years I think, when you leap onto 8 years further down the line with massive changes in story dynamics. The Batman was no more, all of Gothams criminals disappeared, Wayne Enterprises with different faces. It is a lot to take in for a saga to end. The story was packed into 2 hours and 45 minutes, but even then you felt would it be enough time for the characters to catch up with themselves.

Let us start with the new recruits. How good was Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard perform? They performed superbly. I thought Hathaway was brilliant as Catwoman. In terms of the differences in sexual persuasion compared with the Pfeiffer was lot less intense. I thought Hathaway did the character much more justice, especially from an action perspective. Tom Hardy was brilliant as Bane. I had reservations over how it would work and he did appear to be very physically intimidating. The mixture of violent and non-violent activities the balance he got was perfect. Josepth Gordon-Levitt was awesome. He really did throw himself into the role and stood out like his own individual. I think it is fair to say he eclipsed Bale and that is no easy feat. Granted he didn't have the same level of performance that Ledger did in the Dark Knight, but for a limited character he was quite amazing. Marion Cotillard was good. She didn't have much in the way of airtime so it is really difficult to make a lasting impression.

Now to Christian Bale. You feel for him. In 2 out of the 3 movies you feel he has been outperformed by the supporting cast. As a Batman was he the best? I would say yes. What worked in Keaton's favour when he was Batman was the lack in quality of storylines. The supporting cast had no chance. Maybe Nicholson and Walken may have tipped it, but clearly the storylines in the Nolan films contain much greater depth and insight.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 6:07 am

I can honestly say that i have only ever watched the first Batman film fully. I tried watching the second, got bored and turned it off. Never watched another one since.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:43 am

Wow your the first person i know to get bored of the dark knight!!

Batman returns is what got me more into this comic book genre in truth. I never liked superman or spiderman or batman before nolans films. I think Nolan has also eveloved the genre and we are getting much darker comic book films of the back of his work. Now i enjoy many comic book films

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 26 Jul 2012, 9:52 am

eirebilly wrote:I can honestly say that i have only ever watched the first Batman film fully. I tried watching the second, got bored and turned it off. Never watched another one since.

Oh Eirebilly!! I respect your opinion, but, since I know you're recovering at the moment, can I suggest that maybe you plonk them on the tv and try again??!

I understand that all these comic adaptions films are not everyone's taste (and I admit, some are definitely not mine), but I just love Nolan's dark and sinister take on them.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

What a film! The (second?) plot twist was predictable in generalities but not necessarily specifics and basically was the
Spoiler:
, but that was 3 hours of pure awesome, including the acting. Hardy may have been in a mask but his performance as the cerebral, brutal killer Bane was still grand.

My favourite moment was the look on Anne Hathaway's face as she
Spoiler:
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/gotham-rogues

They look cool but are horrendously overpriced. Billy, you know nothing, sure you're only a sheep shagging culchie like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

Well I watched this today and I've got to say I did really enjoy it.

I don't think it was quite as good as The Dark Knight, probably more on the level of Batman Begins. I felt in terms of style it was closer to Batman Begins as well, and I believe this is probably because of Heath Ledger's death changing any plans he must have had involving the Joker.

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 26 Jul 2012, 10:52 pm

Just got back from watching it. Thought it was good but not great.

My problems were with these points:

Spoiler:

Apart from that, I enjoyed it!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:03 pm

Spoiler:

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:02 am

Adam D wrote:Just got back from watching it. Thought it was good but not great.

My problems were with these points:

Spoiler:

Apart from that, I enjoyed it!

I think mystiroakey may have covered some of the points I'm about to make:

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:09 am

With regards to the scientist, I do remember why they needed him but he did what he needed to do in a millisecond!

It was just the whole parading him in front of the crowd scene that was nonsense!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:15 am

The only point I agree with is the beginning scenes. Otherwise I thought I was MUCH better than the Dark Knight, which was good anyway. The parading the scientist about was so that the US government recognised him and realised the gravity of the situation and the expertise behind the claims he was making. I think it was very necessary Tj avoid a massive plot hole
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:17 am

I've only seen half a dozen movies this year but that was the best by a margin measurable only in powers. Same applies for all films since the King's Speech, but then I never got to see the Artist
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:54 am

Adam D wrote:With regards to the scientist, I do remember why they needed him but he did what he needed to do in a millisecond!

It was just the whole parading him in front of the crowd scene that was nonsense!

a milisecond- are you serious, The film didnt explain how long it took, and what does it matter- not sure i understand your issue with timing in films. RE: Your second point . Its what comic book 'villians' do mate, they love the attention and shock factor..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:04 am

bluestonevedder wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I can honestly say that i have only ever watched the first Batman film fully. I tried watching the second, got bored and turned it off. Never watched another one since.

Oh Eirebilly!! I respect your opinion, but, since I know you're recovering at the moment, can I suggest that maybe you plonk them on the tv and try again??!

I understand that all these comic adaptions films are not everyone's taste (and I admit, some are definitely not mine), but I just love Nolan's dark and sinister take on them.

I may try that one day blue but they really havent jumped out and made me want to watch them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:05 am

I can see what Adam is saying. The beginning yes in some ways would happen probably 1 out of 10, but thats the point when a plan does come together. In a sense it was like the opening scene from Scream when Barrymore was killed. I mean that was amateur and should never happen.

The scientist issue, well I think it was more a symbolic thing with the message being well this guy has doomed you all.

I agree with Crimey with his bit about Bane in the spoiler. That was my exact thought too.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:10 am

The start of the film for me was expectional-maybe highly unbelivable(this is a comic book fictional world mind!!) but set the scene for how evil and hardcore bane was. It really got to me how dark he was from the start.

there was no scientist issue. cant think of one in fairness

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

I think what Adam was implying was did the scientist require such a public audience given his involvement and that the people of Gotham had no idea who he was before the events unfolded. I may be mistaken though.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:29 am

typical comicbook villian stunt- very much in keeping with the genre

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 9:19 am

It wasn't for the people of Gotham, it was for the US military!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:21 pm

Adam

The plane thing was a reference to The Dark Knight where Batman used a plane to snatch the guy from the building and get away, they show how even if Batman were to try that Bane can still out do that sort of manuvre.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:16 pm

Amazing from start to finish and completely eclipsed the previous 2 efforst in every single way if you ignore Ledgers performance!

To all those saying it is inferior to the dark night, everything but ledgers performance was better! Story, Bale, Action, Twists, Comedy - it had it all.

I'm going to see it again and I never had the inclination to see the dark night again in the movies!

Last edited by Ent on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:17 pm

It might be the first ever film I go see twice. It was that good

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:20 am

It weren't that good... I will probably wait until it's on DVD to watch it again. The only films I watched more than once at the cinema was the Lord of The Rings (all three of them)! A lot of hours I won't get back haha.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

I watched all of them for the first time in one hit !! loved it man- missed them all frst time around

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

anyway i see it as one film- best way

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:34 am

mysti, I have all three of the extended editions on DVD. They're all like 4 hours long! I'm glad I was never into reading books. Had I ever read these books I would have probably felt let down by the movies. I was a big fan of cartoons growing up, so now to me all the films they are making (x-men, Ironman, Transformers, Spiderman, etc..) aren't that great.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:59 am

Morgannwg wrote:mysti, I have all three of the extended editions on DVD. They're all like 4 hours long! I'm glad I was never into reading books. Had I ever read these books I would have probably felt let down by the movies. I was a big fan of cartoons growing up, so now to me all the films they are making (x-men, Ironman, Transformers, Spiderman, etc..) aren't that great.

Have you read LOTR... huge sections just left out of the films.

TDKR is just amazing, feel bad for anyone let down - got yourself too hyped up, I just checked which date was out and went along to see it, no idea of who the enemies where or what actors were in it etc. Gonna do the same with man of steel, 1 trailer thats it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 1:01 am

so you looking forward to the hobbit -- I cant wait!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 28 Jul 2012, 1:27 am

Ent I haven't read the books, I thought I stated that. Also, I assume that is where you take your nickname (Ent) from? I was always told there was a lot left out of the film. Tolkien wanted it to be one huge book but was told it was too big. All three of them seperated are also pretty big! I believe there was an entire final story left out of the third film, involving the Shire being attacked near the ending.

mysti, no not looking forward to The Hobbit. I've grown out of being excited by Tolkiens world and other fantasy films now. It's all been done and dusted. I will still go and see it though.

I'm excited about seeing Taken 2 and The Expendables 2 Smile.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 1:34 am

lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:23 pm

I agree with Notch that there were points in the movie where I was thinking " what is Bane's story, his motivation to do this?" which I never had in the other 2 films BUT I was satisfied and very surprised by the twist in the end. A very good movie, an excellent end to the trilogy, but not quite as good as TDK.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

Yeah it was late, the name is e n t rather than ent lol.

Yeah they left a big part of sams story out.

The hobbit should be great, also can't wait for taken and expendables sequels.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm

Those are possibly the least two films i am looking forward to. However i havent seen expendables. But taken was as average a thriller as i saw last year IMO

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 28 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

Taken is a great wee film, neeson is badass.

Expendables is/was a bit crap but the cast and sheer volume of action makes it and enjoyable 90 minutes.

Mind you I'm the kind of guy who goes to the movies every week.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 28 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

I will see taken 2, as i watch almost every film. I think there was a problem with my copy(cough) so not gonna judge to hard

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next