The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

+25
ChequeredJersey
eirebilly
Notch
Kenny
hampo17
Morgannwg
mckay1402
red_stag
mystiroakey
Thomond
john7878
Adam D
Hero
bluestonevedder
Gregers
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Bull
Don Caboose
Beer
Skydriver
CFCNick
talkingpoint
Fernando
Crimey
hodge
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer Empty Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by hodge Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

Spoiler:

Put it spoiler so you can't accidently see anything

hodge

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by Crimey Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

Are you sure that's real? It only seems to use footage from the first film...?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by Fernando Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

it's fake and the actual trailer will be out tomorrow

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/181706/20110717/the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-official-high-definition-trailer-july-18.htm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

read your own article nando and then watch the one i posted, shows it is the real trailer, yours says that the true version is currently only being shown before harry potter, the lines in the article also appear in the trailer and we also get a look at Bane.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 17 Jul 2011, 9:58 pm

Very, very excited about this film - I've been a batman fan all my life, ever since I was a little kid. I've been dying to see this film ever since the closing credits of the Dark Knight! It's going to be interesting to see how Nolan approaches the storyline and characters - Bane is a vicious and supremely intelligent villain, I think Tom Hardy's casting will be a revelation just as Heath Ledger's was. But how closely will this film follow the Knight Fall saga in the graphic novels? Nolan has emphatically stated this will be the conclusion to his story and the last Batman film he makes. Will it end tragically I wonder? Will Batman escape unscathed? And how will Selina Kyle/Catwoman fit into the story? Is she just going to be Bruce's love interest or a fully fledged villain like in Batman Returns? I can't wait to see how the dynamic of all the characters pans out! Cool

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 17 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

never read the comics just the films so feel free to update me on anything from the comics anyway here goes:

I reckon Bane was being trained in the league of shadows when Bruce was there and when Bruce left he assumed the #2 role in the league, now Ra's Al Guhl (right spelling) is dead Bane is the head of the league with Talia in the league as well. Because Bane was in the league when Bruce was being trained Batman's fighting style along with a few other things lead to Bane working out that Bruce is Batman. Thats how i reckon Bane will be introduced at any rate.

I think they will go down the route of something similar to the green goblin style, where a gas which is fed into Bane via a mouthpiece (seen in the trailer) helps him attain his super strength, seems a likely and plausable way of achieving this.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 19 Jul 2011, 3:45 pm

Here it is http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3119422489/

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:21 am

Nando, believe thats what i posted Wink

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 20 Jul 2011, 10:22 am

yeah the teaser has now been officially released. It looks amazing - the end scene teases the fans perfectly! Cool

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

why did people automatically assume its fake because it used footage from the earlier movies. Did they think that Gary Oldman filmed a trailer just to wind people up??

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 29 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

gazzyD wrote:why did people automatically assume its fake because it used footage from the earlier movies. Did they think that Gary Oldman filmed a trailer just to wind people up??

It just rarely happens.

Also, with today's technology that scene with Gary Oldman could have been taken from another film he starred in only with different vocals added over it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 22 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

Hello

Am only an occasional visitor to the film section, so apologies if someone else has already mentioned. In case you haven't heard (I read it in new Empire magazine), there will be a new promo showing from late Dec in IMAX cinemas. I think Nolan said it was basically the first 6-7 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, explaining Bane's backstory.

A few pages of Empire (and the cover!) are devoted to the new film too, by the way.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 25 Nov 2011, 2:55 pm

Skydriver wrote:Hello

Am only an occasional visitor to the film section, so apologies if someone else has already mentioned. In case you haven't heard (I read it in new Empire magazine), there will be a new promo showing from late Dec in IMAX cinemas. I think Nolan said it was basically the first 6-7 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, explaining Bane's backstory.

A few pages of Empire (and the cover!) are devoted to the new film too, by the way.

yeah I saw an online article about the Empire mag spread and I must say I am even more intrigued and excited about this film! I can't wait to see how Nolan approaches Bane's backstory and Nolan has revealed as well that the story actually takes place 8 years after the Dark Knight! I was very surprised by that, I imagined it would only be a year or two at most. I just know this is going to be as epic as Nolan's been teasing - his Batman franchise is a masterpiece and I just can't wait to see how he concludes it - tragic or happy.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:10 pm

I am so excited for this film, I don't think I have ever been this excited for a film to be honest. Setting it eight years afterwards is a good idea I think.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:52 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I am so excited for this film, I don't think I have ever been this excited for a film to be honest. Setting it eight years afterwards is a good idea I think.

+1

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

King Beer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I am so excited for this film, I don't think I have ever been this excited for a film to be honest. Setting it eight years afterwards is a good idea I think.

+1

I saw the prologue last night.

Bane is going to break The Bat if its anything to go by.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:32 pm

the prolouge!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Z6bNqgpxw&feature=related

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:12 am

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1215113p1.html

The second teaser Trailer !!!! this Looks EPIC!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

Apparently in preview screenings no-one can understand what Bane says.

Warner Bros. want to re-record the sound but Christopher Nolan doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:35 pm

i can hear it fine in that Teaser

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 22 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

Source : http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/22/dark-knight-rises-bane-muffled

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

Managed to see the prologue at an IMAX cinema last week. Liked it a lot, but we did find it difficult to make out what Bane was saying -

a. he's wearing a mask, so you can't even see his lips move
b. there's a fair bit of voice modulation (deliberate, but perhaps too much - expect this is what they will re-work prior to release)
... and what most reports don't seem to be picking up c. he's speaking in a Caribbean accent (which is true to the source material)

Although he says it (one of the phrases I did pick up), I still have no idea yet what the hell "the fire rises" means/refers to.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

I absolutely can't wait for this film, am a huge batman fan, always have been, and Nolan's films are just sublime. I love the realism and the dark atmosphere he has created; I loved the tension running throughout the Dark Knight and thought Ledger's Joker was just sensational. The new trailer has me drooling - I love the intrigue into Bane's character and love the mystery surrounding his voice/mask. I think its really chilling when you can't hear a person's real voice. I believe Hardy will give another amazing performance and very much expect his Bane to be larger than life and yet accessible at the same time. Setting the film 8 years after TDK initially surprised me but now I think it's a great idea - I'm desperate to know the backstory and find out what has happened to Batman/Gotham City since.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

I read somewhere that Nolan has taken inspiration not just from "Knightfall" but also "No Man's Land", which might provide some clues to the fans... and even more excitingly, "The Dark Knight Returns"...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:45 pm

There seems to be a new viral campaign underway. Check out www.thedarkknightrises.com and Twitter #tdkr07202012...

New trailer on the way???

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 01 May 2012, 8:00 am

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1224075p1.html

Third Trailer

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 11:00 am

TDKR will have to be incredible to beat avengers and I don't think it will get there...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 11:23 am

The question for me is whether it can match the previous 2 installments

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 01 May 2012, 4:50 pm

can't wait for this...

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 01 May 2012, 5:29 pm

I think it will gregers , this is my No1 film to see this year , even if it wont beat TDK critics wise i wont care as long as i like it i am happy.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 5:32 pm

Agree it should be good Bull but Avengers (IMO at least) wiped the floor with TDK. With "The Amazing Spiderman" coming as well a lot is resting on TDKR to perform for DC.

No.1 film this year? Sorry but surely thats The Hobbit!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 01 May 2012, 5:46 pm

im a bigger batman fan then i am Hobbit so thats why its number 1 and after reading Knightfall which i think will be pretty close to this storyline i think this is my NO1 film this year... and has my fav batman villain..BANE!

im seeing Avengers tonight so will judge that...im not really looking forward to Spiderman as i think there is no need for a reboot...sure the 3rd one sucked but still i wanted to see Carnage !

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 6:20 pm

In fairness TAS looks pretty damn good, and I am still completely unsold on Nolan's version of Bane. To me he is still too damn small and given his epic back story it seams odd that he chose to do it this way.

Personally I'd have liked the main villain to have been Harley Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer 2927775184

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 01 May 2012, 10:57 pm

from what i've read they did scale shots with Bane in a lot of clips, so if he's holding a prop it's a 3/4 sized prop of what it should be to make Bane look bigger.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 01 May 2012, 11:02 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:im a bigger batman fan then i am Hobbit so thats why its number 1 and after reading Knightfall which i think will be pretty close to this storyline i think this is my NO1 film this year... and has my fav batman villain..BANE!

im seeing Avengers tonight so will judge that...im not really looking forward to Spiderman as i think there is no need for a reboot...sure the 3rd one sucked but still i wanted to see Carnage !

I'm interested the route they've gone with the new Spiderman, lizard is a good starting spot for a series although its interesting by the looks of it, no osborns or mary jane atm which ive just looked up quickly peter doesn't meet the osborns till later so true to comics there, Gives time for the series to develop, we could see the harry to goblin route done properly as well. And please for the love of god do Venom properly and give justice to the character to be done well!

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 02 May 2012, 9:21 am

Arguably, to do Venom "properly" includes the origin story...

... which suggests Secret Wars...

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 May 2012, 9:31 am

I would've gone with Dr Connors, but also I would've liked Norman Osborn to be involved. He tends to dab in and out of other superhero's too. I would love for Spidey to work his way into the Avengers and have Venom appear in Avengers 2. Make it the epic to end all epics! Drool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 May 2012, 10:05 am

Skydriver wrote:Arguably, to do Venom "properly" includes the origin story...

... which suggests Secret Wars...

Yeah that one ain't happening Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 May 2012, 4:12 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I would've gone with Dr Connors, but also I would've liked Norman Osborn to be involved. He tends to dab in and out of other superhero's too. I would love for Spidey to work his way into the Avengers and have Venom appear in Avengers 2. Make it the epic to end all epics! Drool

wont happen Sony have the rights to Spidey and Wolvraine so them appearing is pretty much zero

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Doesn't matter if Sony has the rights, if Marvel (who own all of the rights) want them to then they could very well appear

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 May 2012, 4:51 pm

apparently they cant as they have title rights , the only way is if Marvel ask Sony if they can.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 02 May 2012, 4:53 pm

Only if Sony agree can characters under their rights can appear. Otherwise Marvel would have had films planned for all the big ones to link with the avengers already probably.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 May 2012, 5:19 pm

I'd imagine sony would say yes though

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 May 2012, 5:22 pm

no i dont think they would unless they would benefit some how gregers mate.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 May 2012, 5:38 pm

How would sony not benefit? Avengers 3 (which this film would supposedly be given the ending to Avengers 1) will be a huge film and possibly the biggest superhero movie of all time. Therefore sony would earn millions of dollars.

Predictions put Avengers 1 as having taken $500 million in its opening weekend alone. Lets say that Sony demand 25% of earnings for Spiderman etc to appear in Avengers 3, with inflation and success of Avengers 1 and presumably 2 lets put Avengers 3 at $650 million dollars in its opening weekend alone that would pocket Sony $162.5 million dollars solely for the opening weekend. Bare in mind that Sony wouldn't have to pay anything in the making of the film (necessarily) the possibility of the film being made could be seen as being quite high.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 May 2012, 5:39 pm

i never said they would not benefit i said they wont allow it unless THEY DO BENEFIT from it.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 02 May 2012, 5:40 pm

I think I just did a sex wee.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 May 2012, 5:43 pm

Isn't that the same thing Bull?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 02 May 2012, 5:47 pm

no lol i ment as sony would need something in return in order to say yes to it if that makes more sense?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 02 May 2012, 5:50 pm

More so than the estimated figure I gave? Maybe a cross over with the cgi team for Spiderman 342

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next