The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day

+31
hogie
barragan
Hoggy_Bear
_Ignited_
Faldono1fan
detones
LadyPutt
Tano
JDandfries
Diggers
Thomond
liverbnz
Onetoanother
theeldestboy
navyblueshorts
JPX
GunsGerms
NedB-H
McLaren
super_realist
Davie
sharrison01
oldparwin
JAS
Shotrock
Doon the Water
Steffan
kwinigolfer
Nay
MustPuttBetter
KeizoYamata
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day Empty Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day

Post by KeizoYamata Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 am

McDowell, Rory and now Darren Clarke saved the day for the UK and Europe. What a joke the English, Scottish and Welsh players are. The Irish have now won 6 majors in a few years what have the Brits done? Nothing!!

Lets look at the English - Luke the bogus number 1 choked along with the others Westwood, Poulter, Rose e.t.c They failed miserably in their home major.
The Scottish - The worst of the bunch and complete let down despite have the most golf courses per person in the world. A complete travesty and as useless as their Football League. The Welsh a joke but still better than the Scottish as they at least had a world number 1 in Woosnam none the less a joke still.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day Empty Re: Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:17 am

I thought we'd lost this guy in the change from old 606.
Unfortunately not
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day Empty Re: Once again it's up to the Irish to save the day

Post by Nay Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:21 am

No I noticed he signed up on friday, obviously waiting for this moment to post.

Sad thing is, that with 3 days to come up with something that is the best he managed

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 am

Keizo,
This day wouldn't have been complete without you.

thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:38 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:I thought we'd lost this guy in the change from old 606.
Unfortunately not

Good thing you finally found someone who is here to tell the truth Very Happy

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:41 am

Nay Bother wrote:No I noticed he signed up on friday, obviously waiting for this moment to post.

Sad thing is, that with 3 days to come up with something that is the best he managed

Lets spare a thought for the millions of English, Scottish and Welsh players who have been waiting for their own moment Laugh

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 am

kwinigolfer wrote:Keizo,
This day wouldn't have been complete without you.

thumbsup

You jest - i bet even you have to admit the English were woeful. Speaking of Darren, do you remember him taking a out a no win no fee deal. He signed up some deal many years ago Where he would only get paid if he won a major (£2million per major) I think it was about 10years ago.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:53 am

Clarke is a legend but I must admit I am gutted at how us Welsh have failed to produce any quality players since Woosnam. Its a shame really becuse golf fans like me have no one to cheer on in a national sense Crying or Very sad

Hopefully someone will come through in the next few years

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:28 am

Keizo can a suggest that you contact Baboo and then you both can have a nice time together and not bother the grown ups.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:30 am

Clarke made it look easy. A really impressive performance - He did an amazing job of controlling his ball in some serious weather conditions. Well done and congrats!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:30 am

Fantastic day for Darren,British, Irish and European golf in general. Touching tribute to Seve as well. One of the more enjoyable opens with a very popular winner. Also nice to see the gracious class of Johnson & Mickleson congratulating Clarke.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:45 am

Nice to see one of the good guys win it.

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 am

He's the person that thinks that Clarke, Rory and Gmac are from Ireland. Surely must be an American that calls himself Irish because his great great grandfather had an Irish dog once...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by KeizoYamata Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:49 am

Doon the Water wrote:Keizo can a suggest that you contact Baboo and then you both can have a nice time together and not bother the grown ups.

Who is that? He sounds like a nice guy...

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:49 am

Could I also ask the mods to remove posts by geographically and politically ignorant, especially those that clearly have no comprehension of the whole British/Irish/northern Irish. If the OP does profess a knowledge of these matters then his post should be removed as it's clearly provocative.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 am

JAS I don't see anything geographically or politically ignorant. Just someone very annoying. We've done the whole Irish thing to death over and over again.

Some of you guys do worry me though - for people who can have intelligent debates over all sorts of subjects it seems some people just can't resist the opportunity to respond to stupidity. IGNORE IT

I refuse to get into the subject of deleting posts because someone thinks they are stupid. Who decides? Would you like me to make that decision? There are plenty of posters her who (in my position of member, not admin) I think make stupid posts. Would you like me to start deleting those? No of course you wouldn't - you'd be up in arms.

Debate 'em or ignore 'em - but don't ask me to delete or ban 'em unless they break the rules

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks heavens Simba hasn't turned up yet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 am

To be fair to Simba, whilst I think he may have been Tiger's long lost brother, he wasn't a pure wind up merchant like this chap

As Davie says, let's ignore him
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 am

In some ways Keizo has a valid point just made in a wumming manner. This European/UK success has yet not included a Scottish, English or Welsh player. In fact the so called European successes of late have included two south africans through European tour membership.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:45 am

Still Mac, I don't know why he's being so smug about it, because American's are hardly burning it up either are they?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 am

well the US have won 7 of the last 20 majors. So not doing that badly.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 am

True, but they are hardly currently doing terribly well are they? They've been usurped in the rankings whilst many PGA events are now won by Europeans or ROW golfers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 am

Pga tour wins this year by nationality

USA 20
NI 2
South Africa 2
Scotland 1
England 1
Venezuela 1
South Korea 1
Sweden 1

So on home soil the Americans are still doing the business. The climb in the rankings by Europeans is down to some players managing consistent results on the pga tour and majors, which translate to higher tournament OWGR back homes.

In 5 years time I would like to bet the likes of Dustin Johnson, Kim, Fowler, Watson etc have more majors than the UK's best.

Last edited by McLaren on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 am

Let's hope not Mac.
Dustin Johnson seems like a fine man, and perhaps Fowler too if he grows out of his wretched and juvenile sense of dress and stops being a three round wonder. However I've no time for Anthony Kim, Bubba Watson or Jeff Overton.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:53 am

I've said this before on here but I think Kim has the potential to be a seriously good player.
Glad to see him playing well again after his injury
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 am

People keep saying that about Kim, but in football parlance he just hasnt trained on, ditto Villegas.
What's with Kim's mullet though?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:58 am

super_realist wrote:People keep saying that about Kim, but in football parlance he just hasnt trained on, ditto Villegas.
was it just me who saw him take off his cap yesterday to reveal what looked suspiciously like a bald spot? Perhaps that explains it...

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:To be fair to Simba, whilst I think he may have been Tiger's long lost brother, he wasn't a pure wind up merchant like this chap

As Davie says, let's ignore him
I quite liked Simba, seemed like a nice enough guy, just with some very odd opinions. Shame he's not here, I would have liked to have shown him this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/07/the-most-incredible-thing-fox-news-has-ever-done/242037/

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:48 pm

Super, you're right Kim hasn't moved on but he was out for some time with his thumb (?) injury and operation and seems to have taken quite a while to come back to any form.

The mullet though, no excuse!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:34 pm

NedB-H wrote:
super_realist wrote:People keep saying that about Kim, but in football parlance he just hasnt trained on, ditto Villegas.
was it just me who saw him take off his cap yesterday to reveal what looked suspiciously like a bald spot? Perhaps that explains it...

Bald patch and mullet = Skullet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Last 17 majors: Ireland 6, USA 5, South Africa 3, ROW 3.

Ireland is the true home of golf!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

No need to post twice WUM

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Someone is a sore loser today. Anyone know how world number 1 Donald did on the weekend? Westwood, Rose, Poulter, Casey, any of them do well?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Home of golf baby!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Leinster, please get it round your potato addled brain that I'm delighted that Clarke won, I can't think of another player who made the cut I'd rather have won, just as I'd be happy if Mcilroy, Maybin or Mcdowell won, but quit acting as if NI are the new force in golf and deserve to be the next holders of a major.

NI never has been and never will be the home of golf.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Someone is a sore loser today. Anyone know how world number 1 Donald did on the weekend? Westwood, Rose, Poulter, Casey, any of them do well?
Poor comment. I really don't understand why people have to get on the backs of the English players. And Leinsterbaby were'nt you complaining the other day about xenophobic comments?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm

No need to be so bitter. Just appreciate Irish golf for what it is; flagbearers of European golf.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Leinster was also complaining about sour grapes from others.

To me, gloating is just as ugly an emotion to show

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Leinster, NI are going through a purple patch at the moment as all other nations do, and congratualtions to them for that, very commendable, they've got some great golfers at the moment and are doing well on the world stage, but flag bearers, pfff, we're not in a war for heavens sake.

By the way, I've got 10kg of King Edward, they'd be worth a fortune on the black market over there, yours for £100 or 110 Euros

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:No need to be so bitter. Just appreciate Irish golf for what it is; flagbearers of European golf.
What a shame you have no dignity or respect like Darren Clarke showed yesterday. Can't you just enjoy your countries success with the rest of us and leave the sniping comments to one side?

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:06 pm

English players are welcome to Ireland any time to practice with the kings of Europe to pick up a few tips, play on the best courses in Europe and advance their game Irish style.

We could set up an academy for them called the academy for English under achievers in Ireland. Lee Westwood could be captain. What do you reckon?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

So because NI have won a few majors, this now means they have the best courses in the World?
That's really logical isn't it?
You are clearly on the wind up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

I reckon you need to get a life, super is not English as he has told you so your having a go at the English is not bothering him, it's just you showing your true colours.

I'm sure Clarke and your fellow NI's would be very proud of your comments.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Leinster: If you can't do anything than WUM, I suggest you don't bother.

Super: Ditto.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Not sure why all the bitterness towards another Irish winner. The xenophobes are really out in force today.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Not sure where you are seeing any bitterness towards DC - point me to a post that is "bitter"

He is getting pretty much universal acclaim for what he achieved. You, on the other hand, are just annoying people

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't think you'll find a single British person who isn't delighted about DC winning. I haven't sensed a single soupcon of bitterness from anyone.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by theeldestboy Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Leinsterbaby, let me ask you something. How did the Aussies do in the Open? Very Happy
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Aussies didn't do great but Jason Day looks a prospect for future major successes.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by theeldestboy Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Indeed he does, a great golfer and a nice guy. When he wins a major, come back and give us a shout. Until then, get off the Irish golfing band-wagon and let real Irish people enjoy in for themselves.
theeldestboy
theeldestboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next