The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale

+4
Pr4wn
The Mangler US_UK
CFCNick
GSC
8 posters

Go down

Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale Empty Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale

Post by GSC Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:39 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6768521/nfl-lockout-owners-players-agree-rookie-wage-scale-sources-say

Fully expecting the league year to be started by the end of next week.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale Empty Re: Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale

Post by CFCNick Fri 15 Jul 2011, 6:19 am

Let's hope so. It's about time the wheels started turning.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale Empty Re: Owners and NFLPA reportedly agree on rookie wage scale

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 15 Jul 2011, 7:04 am

Yep, NFL sources close to the negotiations apparently told Sal Paolantonio that the rookie wage scale and also salary cap were done. Major hurdle cleared!

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:05 am

Today is really deadline day if we want a preseason.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:21 am

Yer i think its been accepted that the HOF game is going to be missed. Does anyone know how long it is until the london game is cancelled???

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

August 1st is the deadline for that one.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:31 am

Why would the London game be cancelled? Even if they miss the HOF game (more likely it gets pushed back a week or something) they are still going to have a full 4 game pre-season. the Wembley game is about logistics, not timing.

If its cancelled, it will be because the teams pull out or the players got it cancelled as part of the negotiations. As I understand it the stadium is booked, so it was only likely to be cancelled if the CBA hadn't been agreed by 1st August?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

That's the timeline that the league has set out. If a CBA hasn't been agreed by August 1st, then the game will be played at RayJay.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri 15 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

To be honest if the game is cancelled due to the players not wanting to play it then i'll be cancelling my sky package and as I wouldn't want one penny of my money going into their already vast pockets.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 15 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

The HoF game is the worst game of the year minus preseason week 4. Neither side really needs it either.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 15 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:The HoF game is the worst game of the year minus preseason week 4. Neither side really needs it either.

Somewhat agreed... I feel it's a nice touch playing a game in Canton... but it should be one of the 4 games for the teams involved and not an extra

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 19 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

Agreed. The only reason the HOF game is played the week before the rest of the 1st pre-season games is that its part of the HOF weekend celebrations. Rather than cancel the game, can't they move it to the Thursday/weekend after? If they want to keep it 'special' because of the HOF celebrations, why not have it on the Saturday and the other wk1 pre-season games then played on the Sunday? Then all they have to do is pick one of that weekends games to be the new HOF game.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

The enshrinement ceremony is on the saturday I believe. Aside from the cash they generate from it being the first game of the season, its a throw away game. Either side could play it on a days notice tbh, after 1 series the backups and scrubs come in anyway.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

GSC is absolutely correct. They'll run some basic plays, the starters will play briefly and then the guys who'll be looking for another line of work in September will come in. I doubt the HoF game gets canceled.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down