The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If England Win By Two Clear Tests.....

+6
G2
Effervescing Elephant
activereactive
LeBron's Homie
Gregers
Duty281
10 posters

Go down

If England Win By Two Clear Tests..... Empty If England Win By Two Clear Tests.....

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:56 am

We become No.1! The biggest summer since 2005 - Come on England, We Can Do It!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

If England Win By Two Clear Tests..... Empty Re: If England Win By Two Clear Tests.....

Post by Gregers Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

As much as I'd love us to I can't see us winning this series against India, much less winning it by 2 tests...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

If England Win By Two Clear Tests..... Empty Re: If England Win By Two Clear Tests.....

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Keep dreaming pal.

India will win 3-1

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:01 pm

looks like the Effing English weather is gonna win.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

That's just typical! It's British weather when the sun shines but as soon as it rains it's back to English weather again (homage to the eternal Murray rant). Wink
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by G2 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

To be fair Cardiff is the only Test Venue outside of England in the UK so the weather can be fairly described as English; unless of course the Test Match is in Cardiff then it’s the effin Welsh weather.

Of course if the weather means England save a Test Match then it’s the great English weather (or Welsh)

Very Happy

G2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

My head says India 2-1...with a drawn Test, however my heart is hoping that England prevails 2-1 (or better)...if the weather allows.

It may be a bridge too far for England to win by 2 clear Tests but I think the time is right and team confidence is better than the last Indian tour. I'm not so convinced that the recent tour of WI was the best thing for India. They did enough (with key players unavailable/resting) but were far from convincing against a bits and pieces WI Test outfit. England on the other hand, started off well against SL... then seemed to have their impetus dampened by (yes, you guessed it)... the weather.

Best of luck to both sides but I hope England can rock the boat!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

It's a big ask of England to win by two clear tests and in all honesty I don't think they'll do it. It'll be a close serious with India I feel just edging it 2-1. But hey anything can happen in Cricket so come on England!
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 14 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Linebreaker

One thing to consider is that England must start as favourites for the first test because of the absurdity of the Indian tour schedule - they only arrived from the West Indies today and will face Somerset at Taunton in their one warm up match - Taunton is generally regarded as the finest batting pitch in England, so this is probably not going to be the best preparation for the Test at Lords, where there usually is some sideways movement.

I do think that if we are to have a successful series, we will need to exploit this advantage in preparedness for the first test, because once the Indian batsmen get accustomed to conditions there are 2 or 3 of them who will be very hard to shift.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

Agree dummy_half, England need to take advantage of the short preparation time India have before the first test. Very generous to play that warm-up match in Taunton. Durham would have been a better choice, lol.

Is Sehwag going to be ready for Lords or is it still up in the air?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:46 pm

Sehwag is all but out of the series.

Will certainly miss Lords and Trent Bridge

May make Headingly and/or The Oval. Very slim probability at the moment though

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Sehwag had said he'll be available in time, but it doesn't seem likely. If he is not available, India will defenitly be missing him. It will be a huge step up for young Abhinav Mukund.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Thu 14 Jul 2011, 8:36 pm

If Sehwag is out, India should call up Rohit Sharma.

He plays straight and has a hint of Tendulkar about him, when he's at his very best.

Opening with Rohit would ensure India would have firepower at the top as well.

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down