The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+9
'Arry
stnick88
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
Bathite
dammit_chris
Driver
13 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 2 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership Season 4

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 2 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures and Results
Aviva Premiership
European Homepage
LV Anglo Welsh Cup
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 pm

No injuries during the World cup Steve Smile

Doesn't Rugby Challange come out this month for xbox? Can't wait for it! looking forward to battering my mates on Xbox Live on it lol
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:47 pm

I watch as much league as I can Steven, have supported Wigan since I was about 6 - used to love watching Offiah, Dennis Betts, Edwards, Phil Clarke, Robinson, Connolly and co. They also had Inga the Winga. Now that was the best ever team to ever play rugby league!

Love watching Sam Tomkins play, he's the only English player that would walk into the Aussie side - wonder if he's on any Union clubs radars...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Tomkins is top drawer Chris, he would comfortably make the switch to Union and still be a star.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:55 pm

I actually watch a game of league just to watch Tomkins, no idea where he would play in Union, guess 15. Just has so much time on the ball and glides through defences.

Anyone remember the cross-code games between Wigan and Bath - completelly changed the face of rugby in this country. Pretty sure thats when Robinson switched codes and we then went professional.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I like nrl but super league
Is dire although have always supported Wigan
As cherry and white.

Tomkins is some player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:57 pm

I went to both games bit of a curates egg but glad went

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 pm

I watch league now and again and i'v played a few games over the last few weeks. Leagues more bout fitness and defense and working the overlap where as Union seems to be more open than league with more space because players are being pulled into the contact.

I'd say i follow St.Helens more than anyone else in that code of the game.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 pm

I know that Piri Weepu was out injured for a fair while, but watching him play for Wellington here he looks overweight and unfit. Must be areal worry for Graham Henry as 9 is not a strong shirt for New Zealand right now.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Which Union players do you think would be a success in League?

Owen Farrell i think would be
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:02 pm

I played a bit when up north. The getting back ten kills
The hamstrings and is a different fitness.
Definitely helped my offloading

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:05 pm

League is pretty big in the north west of the country and is getting bigger in the north east and the RFU is seriously worried about it overtaking Union up here. When i was at school we played league and got a invite to Gateshead thunder U14s but thought they were just a local club and didn't go. Glad i didn't as Union is the best sport in the world.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Good rugby league is as good as Good Union but boring League is just garbage. My Dad tells me about when it was a winter sport and they didnt have any limit on the number of tackles per attack. Sounds awful.

Tomkins and Sam Burgess would be huge in Union. Where do you watch the NRL Matt I can never find it.

If RL wasn't so big in Oz then Union would just be Oz wiping the floor. Jonathan Thurston, Darren Lockyer, Andrew Johns and Greg Inglis etc would be unreal in union.

I think Greg Inglis is one of the most talented Rugby footballers I have ever seen

Last edited by Steven_Sharks on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:13 pm

know what you mean about the getting back ten Mat - fitness levels are unreal. Though have to say the skill level is very, very poor compared to Union. Passing is very limited and the number of basic errors is scary.

think joe simpson would be very dangerous in league, he has to be on the bench for England from now on. He'd worry any defence in world rugby. Nine is definitely an area England are very strong in - Pete made a good point earlier about the NZ no9, they havent got anyone!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Weepu is their best 9 by miles at the moment Chris, but watching him here in the the ITM Cup and think he would struggle to last 80 minutes in a test match at the moment.

Simpson is an exciting player mate, makes good sniping breaks but at times his basics let him down. Would still have Care ahead of him in the international pecking order.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Nrl on premier sports or streaming Steven. Generally stream the games. Record the Saturday games and recently the state of origin which is cracking.

Also watch it over there a few times a year. Work
For aussies and have to go to Brisbane every now and again. Held off
Next visit until late sept early October as going
To fly in to wc in nz for some games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Inglis would be brilliant in union

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Haven't got Premier Sports. Shame.

I watched the Origin games. Would love to North v South Union Game.

Where the players are from not where they play though.

North would put 50 on the South

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 pm

I have virgin so no premier sports but my dad has it so watch it there. South would murder north depending on where north started and rules. Bit of strange one ie is midlands north or south??

Palmer a Londoner but scottish, leeds and wasps. Hartley nz,

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Would have said that 12 months ago Pete, but Simpson's basics are now very, very good. Only thing that lets him down is his decision making namely whether to run or pass. Due to his size if he gets isolated he loses the ball, and his speed can take him away from his own team mates. Did you know that Simpson actually has the fastest pass in the world - holds the world record!

Want to see Sam Harrison push on for Tigers this season, he has some talent, which is why I found it so odd that they signed Mickey Young!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Palmer - New Zealand under 18s aswell
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 pm

My best North XV is now in progress......

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Sheridan played for Bristol for ages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Mate, did you see the pass that he had recorded as the fastest?

He had the ball held in one hand and launched with a swinging arm motion. It was not a rugby pass.

We will have to agree to disagree about where his basics are at mate I think, as I can't see either of us changing what we think about him during the off season. Until his decision making gets better, I wouldn't want to see him in the national team to be honest.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Is origin where a player is originally from e.g. south, you would have to be born in the south of England? That sort of thing?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:40 pm

I've watched Simpson loads in the last 12 months Pete - considering he played behind an awful pack, I think he's been brilliant. Now Wasps have beefed up in the forwards I am expecting big things from Simpson. His basics are up there with the best no9s in the AP, its just decision making - but who makes a better impact off the bench him or Care? I'd pick Simpson every time.

Care's game hasnt come on for a good 2-3 seasons now - disappointing really.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:43 pm

I'd still take Care and i think last season was arguably Care's best season to date , was massive in the amlin final against Stade
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

I think you are looking at that with your Wasps tinted specs on to be honest Chris.

Care is a good impact player who can put tempo on the game in the same way that Simpson can, the difference is that last season Care's decision making and general play improved, whereas I haven't seen that from Simpson.

I was never a huge fan of Care, and thought he was rushed into an England shirt off the back of a handful of decent performances and he wasn't ready, but he has worked hard over the past 12-18 months and is a better player now and is for me is a fair way ahead of Simpson at the moment.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 pm

I like both but cares management is much better. On form
He should be englands 1st choice. Great kicking game and massively improved. Simpson has improved also but he does not boss a game yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:54 pm

Using Birthplace I have come up with this who are currently playing. Pack isnt the best but backs are very decent.

1. David Wilson
2. Joe Gray
3. Dan Cole
4. Louis Deacon
5. Dean Schofield
6. Tom Wood
7. Magnus Lund
8. Carl Fearns
9. Danny Care
10. Charlie Hodgson
11. Mark Cueto
12. Owen Farrell
13. Mike Tindall
14. Chris Ashton
15. Ben Foden

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

I also discovered that both Toby Flood and Jonny Wilkinson are from the same place (Frimley, Surrey).

My suggestion is we find anyone playing in the North East who is a 10 from Frimley and chuck him into the national set up

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:58 pm

They were both born at Frimley Park Hospital Steve, as was my youngest daughter.

That's just made me think how much I have moved around in my life, as I have 4 kids and they were all born in different hospitals.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:01 am

Tom wood is Coventry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 am

1 Sheridan
2 Thompson
3 pdj
4 laws
5 palmer
6 croft
7 moody
8 Easter

No need to carry on as your backs would not see ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 am

Coventry is my boundary for this. Mainly as every other back row is from down south

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 am

Wood is ex barkers butts Neil back and many others from
There. Love playing them but we have been promoted and they have slipped so don't play them anymore. Proper club.

South does not need wood.
9 youngs
10 wilko
11 ojo
12 flood
13banahan
14 sharples
15 armitage

You can have jsd a north east lad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 am

Corbs south instead of pdj

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 am

Geoff Parling is from Stockton on tees as is James Simpson Daniel.

Graham Rowntree was born in stockton but raised in Hartlepool on stockton road.

Matt Tait is from Consett in county Durham.

Underwoods are from Middlesbrough

Rob Andrew is a Yorkie .

Dave Walder is a geordie????

John Clarke is from Sheffield

Calum Clarke is another from Stockton on Tees
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 am

John Golding from Morpeth near newcastle would improve north at lh
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

Half of those retired driver. Golding dreadful in
My eyes.

Tait needs games but I still feel will never make it due to size. Same as David smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:26 am

North lose a lot of players to RL is well worth remembering.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:29 am

Care's management is much better but which other no9 can do this on a regular basis - Simpson alwasy has 2-3 tries in top ten tries of the season awards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DefRN0qEsMY

He's lightning - just excited about seeing him behind a pack that has Thompson, Shaw, Filipo, Poff, Worsley, Rees, Wentzl and the mighty Tim Payne!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:31 am

Absolutely Steven also most play footie in north. Whenever I played vs north we always found
It easy. To be fair everyone plays rugby in south west. Friends who
Play football go
On tour to north and get killed. Where I live
In Bristol there are 14 clubs in 3 miles.

North concentrates it's talent more we used to play Leeds, Manchester, Morley, tynedale, Harrogate, otley and all were good but only teams in their area any good

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:37 am

To be fair where i live theres

West Hartlepool which runs 5 adult teams , senior ladies , every junior age is full

Hartlepool Rovers 3 adult teams , all JNR age full

Seaton Carew 3 Adult teams , Reasonably strong in terms of JNR numbers

Hartlepool RFC 3 adult teams , RL team , Strong in junior dept.

Aswell as HArtlepool BBOB , Athletic and there was West Hartlepool TDSOB but they went jubblies up
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 am

All 14 in the area have at least 150 juniors
And all put out 3
Or 4 senior sides.

In cinderford where I was born there are 5 teams in 5 miles. 2 are national league and others in decent leagues. All get 200 plus juniors on a Sunday

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 am

Rugby union is mad up here

Hartlepool is barely 1/4 of the size of sunderland and puts all them teams out without fail and Sunderland has club and only puts 2 senior teams out.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 am

That's impressive. We have too many clubs in some ways and movement is ridiculous. Think there are over 100
Clubs in Bristol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 am

Bristol and bath should have read. 15 mile radius

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 am

It's easier to keep players at senior level as it becomes more social then and you can go on '18+' rugby tours and go out with the lads whether there from your club or who you'v just played and end of the day thats what makes rugby the sport it it!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 am

We lose so many between 16 and 18 it's untrue.

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:53 am

My team, Westcliff, has just been promoted to national leagues - for years our club has been pilleged by Southend rugby club for all of our best players, but we now have 6 teams playing every Sunday and last time I checked we had close to 450 youngsters playing a game!

When I first started playing there wasnt a youth system at all and by the time I was 7 I was playing against 12-13 year olds - taught you how to tackle quickly that was for sure!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next