The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+9
'Arry
stnick88
Sgt_Pooly
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
SirJohnnyEnglish
Bathite
dammit_chris
Driver
13 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 21 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 21 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership Season 4

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 21 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures and Results
Aviva Premiership
European Homepage
LV Anglo Welsh Cup
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases

Waiting List
1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 21 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:03 pm

I like the look of Matt Kvesic

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage - Page 21 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:30 am

Driver: just a heads up that this page may close soon!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:57 am

As far as the 7 shirt goes for England I've heard of this guy called Tom Rees, he could be the answer to all our problems... Wink

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:57 am

Driver, you need to knock up a new homepage.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 am

Kvesic is more a 6.5 then a 7 Steve mate for me. Does all the things a blindside should do but just happens to be pretty good at the breakdown and a good linking man as well

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:32 am

I do remember being told Tuilagis defence was solid and he was more then able for Jonathan Davies. Was that the JD who took him on the outside?... Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 am

To be fair to tuilagi he did not defend badly. One silly moment but did well the rest. as i said on here yesterday he is nowhere near tindall defensively but will be good impact at WC.

Be interesting to see how he goes this saturday. Its always difficult to play in a new team and a new centre combination.

I dont like to judge people on one game find that a bit knee Jerk. i base my opinions on a run of games as you can see things properly then.

Just like Quade Cooper is not a poor player after putting in one of the worst performances i have seen by an international ten in a big game..

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am

To be fair I agree Matt mate it takes a run of games to get a proper assessment of anyone but was just pointing out that Mr Davies was more then capable of picking off Tuilagi positionally on defense (while playing behind a beaten pack!). Which some people didnt think was possible Wink

Coopers performace was astounding. Some suicidal plays at times but then again wouldnt be surprised if he tears the park up next game out. Hes definately the Carlos Spencer of this era!

What did people make of Priestland at 10 for Wales? Looked very mature for me! Being a welsh fan Prop what you reckon to 10. Priestland 12. Hook 13. Davies for the 6 nations? (World cup too soon) Definately has a bit of everything to it

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:43 am

SirJ I'd love to see that or even: dare I say it: Henson at 12??!! Davies needs to be at 13 for our 'crash ball.'

I'd like to see Roberts at 15 as well simply because he could pick when he can hit the gaps and also won't run into Shane when he makes a break Doh
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 am

I think Steven Jones has to be 10. priestland is great with ball but i would question his tackling.

For me roberts at 13 with Hook supplying the bullets would work really well. North looks a natural try scorer and find a decent FB and a replacement for Shane and that is a great set of backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 am

Halfpenny has to be involved in the Welsh backline. Absolutely love him. Great finisher, kicker, and positionally great. Can also kick goals

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:56 am

9. ???
10. Priestland
11. North
12. Hook
13. Davies
14. Halfpenny
15. Roberts

21. ???
22. Jones
23. Williams

thumbsup
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:57 am

For the world cup yes Jones has to be in but can see him being fazed out after the world cup. Already happening at Scarlets. Priestland should get a shot during the 6 nations for me been cracking for a while now. 12. Hook 13. Roberts is definately something that could work. Roberts the better carrier but Davies with a bit more intelligence for me so wouldnt mind whom got that 13 shirt.

That was the best "tackle" of the match Roberts got on wee Shane Prop mate Laugh

9. Lloyd Williams
10. Priestland
11. Halfpenny
12. Hook
13. Davies/Roberts
14. North
15. ??

Would make a pretty good backline in the next 2 years!! Shame Biggar hasnt come on much at 10 yet. Could have had him 10 and Priestland to make that fullback spot his own

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 am

I'd like to see Knoyle and Williams as our scrum halves after the w.c (Gatland won't drop Mike '20 seconds to pass' Phillips during the w.c).

At 10 i'd keep an eye on Matthew Morgan: should get some time for the o's, would like to see him bulk a little bit more now but an awesome talent.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 am

Yeah Morgan looks a top talent. Not sure Ospreys are the right region to bring him thorugh though. They didnt do much with Hook at all whos probably the most talented welsh back going at the moment. They completly messed him around. Might need a new management set up there before the Ospreys start to improve

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 am

The difference in the speed of service for Wales when Phillips went off for Knoyle was amazing! And to be honest I think Williams has probably got a quicker service.

Dont know how Gatland can't see what everyone else does! Phillips needs to be dropped. Bit late now for the 2 young lads so go with Peel for the world cup. has the experience and the service that suits Wales side to side game at the moment

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 am

Lloyd Williams will be better than Knoyle long term.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:10 am

Agree Pete. Wales have a cracking little prospect there thumbsup
Looking forward to the world cup but next years 6 nations will be quite interesting to watch as well with a lot of new combos being developed

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 am

If anything i'd like to see Peel used as the mentor for the two young lads. Agree with Morgan at the wrong team but the only other option is the Blues seeing as the dragons have Tovey and Scarlet: Priestland + Wellies
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am

im back from ibiza alive and well! just.

managed to catch the england game out there was the only english bloke watching it in a bar full of welsh so loved giving them some banter!

was good to see armitage play well. thought flutey wasnt great and 12 is still up in the air. not sure if hape is 100% fit yet. haskell was quality.

warburton was outstanding shame hes not english! think he got the better of moody, would of like to of seen robshaw or fourie get a go against him.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am

Just having another look at the stats for the HC final. I forget how well Heaslip played.

54 metres made, 15 tackles and not one missed, 2 turnovers, 1 offload and an Assist. With a big world cup he could consolidate himself right up there with the best 8's in the world. Would love to see him, read and parisse all play each other in the world cup

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 am

Heaslip was immense the whole way through the tournament mate form 8 in the NH. Between him and Read for best in the world for me.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 am

I never discount Parisse. He would be an all time great if he was from the Southern Hemisphere. Soooooo good to watch.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:18 am

I would not discount Harinordoqouy either. Was indifferent last year but far and away the best in the world for a couple of years before that.

Still a fantastic player and the type who will raise his game for the WC.

There are lots of big name players who always come good in the big games and who will have good world cups.

Look at Mils the other day against australia. was pure class and showed up beale and was pretty much faultless. Same goes for the likes of Matfield, Bakkies, Sharpe, O' Driscoll etc.

Lost count of the amount of times O'Driscoll has been written off

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:23 am

I like Parisse. Hes a top player but if you put him in the All Black back row with Mc Caw and Kaino/Read or the Saffas with Burger and Brussow not sure he would shine as much as he does for Italy

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 am

I thought Mils was very average at the weekend mat. Nothing like his best.

His attempt of a tackle on ioane was awful

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 am

To be fair to Mils, he was covering across and Ioane had Beale on his inside and straightened to slow Mils who had to have one eye on Beale as well. As long as Ioane timed the straightening and then the step away off his right foot well he was always going to make it, no matter who the covering defender was.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:35 am

Some of Mils handling and the attacks he initiated were fantastic on saturday. he made so much happen and tackled well.

Ioane had a 2 on 1 so a completely null point. as the commentators said he had to deal with Beale and Ioane. never going to win that one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:52 am

Mils had a good game in a pretty dominant back 3 with some great platform, hard to judge Beale in that one as he was on the back foot a fair bit.

Read, Headlip and Parisse are the best 8's imo. Hari had a very ordinary season mainly from flanker as Lafuika?!?! broke through and pushed Hari on the flanks. As you say Matt he's a big game player so will be interesting to see if he can step back up. Was best 8 in world in 2010 but hard to stick him right up there after last season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 pm

New homepage with Fixtures for up coming season attached

https://www.606v2.com/t11127-fantasy-aviva-premiership-season-4-homepage#350076

Also it looks like someone is going to have to take over the match threads from now on as i'v just been told my contract is being extended beyond 10 weeks to a permanent one Very Happy
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21