The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday

4 posters

Go down

Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday Empty Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday

Post by Grahame1971 Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:33 pm

It looks like the meeting that was abandoned after the well publicised tragedy on Saturday at Newbury will take place after all this Friday (see link below)

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/newbury-new-friday-date-for-totesport-trophy-card/819115/top/

Where it is a very positive move for racing to get this meeting back on as soon as possible, and it looks like all the leading trainers will be taking their intended runners from last Saturday back to the Berkshire course, I do think that the decision to hold it on Friday is a strange one. Surely if they'd have pushed it to Saturday or Sunday then this would encourage a bigger crowd and possibly better coverage. Not sure where the likes of Solix, Notus De La Tour, Walkon, Soldatino and Salden Licht will head for though as they're all declared in the Kingwell at Wincanton on Saturday having originally been intended runners in the Totesport Trophy.

Also, not sure what will happen to bets placed prior to last Saturdays abandoned meeting ... Will have to be checking the bookies rule book on that one.

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday Empty Re: Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:30 am

my personal view is that all bets should be voided. as although it is the same race, it is pretty much a new one. that might not make any sense but i know what i mean in my head lol 8)

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday Empty Re: Totesport Trophy Meeting Re-Scheduled For Friday

Post by steveo77 Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 am

and 4 races are live on channel 4 ! Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 am

steveo77 wrote:and 4 races are live on channel 4 ! Very Happy

Thanks Steevio...........I'm won't be home from work until about 3.30 so I'll have to miss it, unfortunately.

Here are the 4 races they are showing

12:10 totesport.com Handicap Hurdle Cl3 3m110y

12:45 Aon Chase Grade 2 Cl1 3m

1:15 totepool Game Spirit Chase Grade 2 Cl1 2m1f

1:50 totesport Trophy Hurdle (Handicap) Grade 3 Cl1 2m110y

I don't know about the bets being voided issue.

I'd have thought you would have the option of having a refund or just letting your bet stand.........but as I've said before I know nothing about betting.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:55 am

thats a shame for you Solerina.
yes the races do seem to be on quite early on Friday.

I am lucky that I will be able to watch them at work Wink

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 pm

steveo77 wrote:thats a shame for you Solerina.
yes the races do seem to be on quite early on Friday.

I am lucky that I will be able to watch them at work Wink

Thanks stevio

I might be able to watch the Totesport Trophy at work.........depends what I'm doing at 1.50pm.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down