The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chester meeting

4 posters

Go down

Chester meeting  Empty Chester meeting

Post by steveo77 Wed 04 May 2011, 8:08 am

a few interesting races today.

in the opening race for 2 year olds it will be interesting to see whether HE'S SO COOL can follow up an impressive victory in the Brocklesbury last month.
then onto the Cheshire Oaks and a leading Oaks contender WONDER OF WONDERS is in action.

the main race of the day is the Chester Cup with OVERTURN fresh from the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham one of the favourites.

in the 3.30 I will also tip up FALASTEEN who has been in impressive form this season

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Chester meeting  Empty Re: Chester meeting

Post by Grahame1971 Wed 04 May 2011, 9:26 am

As tricky as ever up at Chester today, with the Chester Cup again looking like a minefield. The one i did like the look of was Mount Athos however i'm now completely put off by the wide draw out in stall. Overturn has the plum draw in stall 1 however surely his hard season over the jumps will take it's toll. My idea of the winner would probably be Red Cadeaux who, although only 8th last year, was coming with a decent looking challenge when badly hampered, losing any chance. He was unlucky last year, finishing runner up in a handful of decent races and maybe today could be the day. Tastahil was only beaten a head by Mamlook in this race last year, is a pound better off, has a draw nearer the rails and also has to be given a chance of at least placing.
In the Cheshire Oaks, plenty of decent sorts who would appear to be just below very top class. The obvious pair would be Wonder of Wonders and Midnight Caller however i'd be interested in Musharakaat. Doesn't have the bare form in the book of the leading contenders but it really wouldn't suprise me to see her improve on her first run this season. Might be an each way price against the field.
In the sprint handicap at 3.30, Falasteen has lots going for him, a good winner last time out at Epsom (which followed a 'dog of a run' in a tinpot race at Leicester ... typical Dandy Nicholls !!!) but he does look short enough despite a very nice draw. If he was drawn lower, Masamah would be of interest but unfortunately out in stall 13, his chances are slim although this is reflected in his inflated price. Fathom Five (another Nicholls entry) won first time out the last two seasons - the same race that Falasteen won at Epsom last time - and it would be no suprise to see the less fancied one of Dandy Nicholls duo goinmg close.

Good luck if anyone has a play today thumbsup

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 04 May 2011, 11:59 am

If I were having a bet I'd have Mamlook to win and Blue Bajan e/w, in the Chester Cup,

Come on Mamlook!! : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed 04 May 2011, 2:12 pm

great win by Overturn - led from start to finish! Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 04 May 2011, 3:13 pm

steveo77 wrote:great win by Overturn - led from start to finish! Very Happy

Well done Overturn and anyone who picked him.

I'm disappointed that Mamlook didn't run better : (

I quite fancy Billyvoddan in the 6.10 at Cheltenham later today : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 04 May 2011, 6:02 pm

Solerina wrote:

I quite fancy Billyvoddan in the 6.10 at Cheltenham later today : )

Yahoo

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 05 May 2011, 8:04 am

great tipping Solerina!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 05 May 2011, 2:48 pm

steveo77 wrote:great tipping Solerina!

Thanks steveo......I keep quiet about the ones that don't win lol

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Fri 06 May 2011, 6:15 pm

I havent seen a thing of Chester this year,caught the finish of the Cheshire Oaks on the sports news,thought Wonder Of Wonders did it very nicely and the further she went the better she went.Unless something jumps out of the woodwork at York next week then i reckon she has a real chance come June at Epsom.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Fri 06 May 2011, 8:12 pm

Just watched St Nicholas Abbey winning today,very taking performance on the eye but i have to be honest,this was a poor renewal and if he couldnt put this lot away then it really would be time for eight hurdles and Fontwell! Dont think we learnt much aside from hes still alive and got a leg in each corner.I for one wouldnt be getting over excited about him in better company.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down