The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Meeting

5 posters

Go down

July Meeting  Empty July Meeting

Post by Captain Charisma Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 19:41

Well guys..the July meeting is upon us and on in this beautifully handy thread we can all discuss it...........

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

July Meeting  Empty Re: July Meeting

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 11:29

or not.......... Whistle
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 23:26

Fact. Things have gone pretty quiet.

Question .........How can a horse called Memory forget to come out of the stalls????

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sat 9 Jul 2011 - 16:44

Sorry ive not been around for a while guys but my little seven week old nephew has been having a bad time of it.Rushed into hospital .prodded and poked all over the shop and the poor tyke had to suffer the agony of a spinal tap...not very pleasant and i dont have any desire to see anyone go through that most awful of procedures again.This thing sort of grabs you by the throat and im afraid that things like racing have just gone onto the back burner,totally lost touch with whats been happening so apologies if i take a while to get back up tp speed.
Seen the July cup today,strange affair in that for a six furlong sprint they crawled for the first three.Dream Ahead had a lovely pitch throughout and he finally came good and showed a glimpse of his top flight junvenile form.He must have juice in the ground to show his best so you would think that Haydock in September will be a big target or maybe something like the Foret if he is drawn into going abroad.As a division i think the five and six brigade are not the greatest and it might be that no one horse stamps himself as the stand out performer,still wouldnt give up on Delegator as a wide draw and hold up tactics just werent going to work the way todays race panned out.Cant really pass comment on any other events as i havent seen them but once i get back into the swing you'll probably be sick of reading what ive got to say. thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 13:58

racingnut wrote:Sorry ive not been around for a while guys but my little seven week old nephew has been having a bad time of it.Rushed into hospital .prodded and poked all over the shop and the poor tyke had to suffer the agony of a spinal tap...not very pleasant and i dont have any desire to see anyone go through that most awful of procedures again.This thing sort of grabs you by the throat and im afraid that things like racing have just gone onto the back burner,totally lost touch with whats been happening so apologies if i take a while to get back up tp speed.

Racing! You're back! I thought we'd lost you! Hug

So sorry to hear about your nephew.....poor little thing.....what a worrying time for you and yes everything goes on the back burner at times like these.

I didn't see your post till just now......haven't been on the racing forum much lately.....been very busy myself, plus the flat season has failed to grip me like I was hoping it would.....roll on the Jumps lol.

I'm hoping some of the regulars will come back, now that you're posting again : )

Hope your nephew is fully recovered very soon,

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 15:51

Thanks Sol,hes fine now but he was pretty bad at one point.Agree with you about the flat,the prestige meetings have been enjoyable but the everyday stuff has been average to rubbish.Roll on Goodwood,hopefully some top flight fayre on offer with Frankel and Canford doing battle and hopefully some of the later developing 3yos throwing their hat into the ring where the Leger is concerned.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 19:29

Been watching the July meeting replays on the websites,cant say i was totally blown away by it all .As is usual with me the two year old events just pased me by and some of the better quality events(particularly the Falmouth and July Cup) were ruined as a constant formguide by a total lack of pace.If somebody had told me at the seasons beginning that Timepiece was going to win a UK group one i'd have laid you any price that you wanted and for all that Dream Ahead was a very good two year old i cant have it that he will end up as the six furlong king.Too many horses in both events just werent able to show their true form because of the way the races "dropped".For me the two to take out of their respective heats are Im A Dreamer and Delegator,both of whom were totally undone by a bad stall draw and being held up off a stupidly slow early pace.Nothing else really caught my eye at HQ but i did think that Green Destiny was ultra impressive at York and he is a group 3 winner waiting to happen(i said as much before he ran a stinker at Royal Ascot).

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 22:30

Ascot form isn't stacking up either bar maybe excellent guest. Ground issues i imagine.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Thu 14 Jul 2011 - 11:43

Hi everyone

I am just returning from my annual snooze from racing this time of the year.
After Royal Ascot I always feel the racing isn't up to much and there is so much other sporting action I follow more to be honest. Also the July festival at Newmarket is always the worst festival of the summer in my opinion (made even worse by some stupid decision to clog up an already busy Saturday with it!)

Gearing up for one of the weeks of the year though - the King George meeting followed by Glorious Goodwood. Flat racing doesn't get any better than that! Very Happy

I havent had any ante post bets but I can't see beyond St Nicholas Abbey for the King George and Frankel for the Sussex Stakes. Will both be cracking races though.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Fri 15 Jul 2011 - 0:09

I like Rewilding for both the King George and possibly the arc. I really think he'll beat St Nicholas around Ascot.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down