The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it.

+6
HumanWindmill
wheelchair1991
eddyfightfan
compelling and rich
Rowley
SugarRayBray
10 posters

Go down

The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it. Empty The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it.

Post by SugarRayBray Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

With his talk of decapitations, gang Cuddle in a bad way and executions Haye disgusted me and yet people insisted he was the breathe of fresh air the division needed. He then proceeds to perform terribly, lose virtually every round and then make a feeble excuse.

I must be in a minority as I don't find Wlad boring at all. I thought he was the aggressor last night and made the fight. Haye looked amateurish and I'm afraid he lacks sound boxing fundamentals. He is like a big version of Hamed, flexible, fast and powerful but his skills just aren't enough at the top level. At least Hamed accepted his defeat to Barrera graciously.

Go away David, you represent everything that is ugly and wrong in the sport.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it. Empty Re: The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it.

Post by SugarRayBray Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Haha I think I typed a bad word and the site has substituted it for something else. Meant to say r*pe.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it. Empty Re: The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it.

Post by Rowley Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

A little harsh perhaps, but unfortunately not by much. The problem with having a big mouth and talking trash is it creates a level of expectancy and a need to walk the walk and alas you will always look a bit of a moob when you fail to deliver and Haye certainly did that last night.

To be honest have in the past questioned Haye's much heralded claims to be the saviour of the heavyweight division and the guy bringing excitement to the table. Lets be honest Valuev or Harrison were hardly white knuckle rides of excitement, the Ruiz fight was ok but at that stage of his career he was hardly top drawer and last night irrespective of the result he hardly appeared the saviour of the division did he

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

Exactly Rowley. To be honest, I'm just fed up with the sound and site of Haye now, if anything, HE is getting boring now.

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

you thought last night was entertaining? you thought wlads previous fights were entertaining? haye was rubbish last night but wlad is boring

out of all the fighters coming through i would probably say price has the best chance for a british heavyweight champ. vitali and haye both be gone and wlad i dont think will be around to much longer

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

i did fall for all the hype, and was gutted last night. it has brought me to the conclusion that a small heavyweight or someone coming from cruiser weight is not going to trouble the klit bros (sorry adamek). i think the only person who will be able to put up a challenge would be somebody who can match wlad for height and reach. they will need power and a good chin and fitness. from now on im pinning my heavyweight hopes for england on david price and richard towers, and expect it to be a while before there ready for that level.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

The future of the Heavyweight division? If so, you can keep it. Empty Where does the heavyweight division go from here?

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:38 pm

with Last nights results what do you see as the future of the division both short and longterm after Wlad and Vitali have finally exited the scene?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

First up, welcome aboard, Wheelchair.

Since we already have a similar thread up and running I'll merge this into that one. I will, however, leave it here for five minutes to give you a chanceto know where it has gone.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayBray Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:with Last nights results what do you see as the future of the division both short and longterm after Wlad and Vitali have finally exited the scene?

I really don't know to be honest. I suppose it depends on how long the Klitschkos decide to hang around. Can't see them losing any time soon. After they have gone (and if Haye has retired) then I suppose it will fall into disarray for a while until someone breaks through?

SugarRayBray

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

I have never given a Poopie about heavyweight boxing. The last heavyweight fight I thought was excellent was Holyfield-Bowe 1.

Beyond that the patriotism and spectacle of the sport's premiere class seems to blind too many people into believing it's more entertaining than it actually is.

Take Lewis, for example. People seem to hark back to the days when he ruled the roost, but save the scrap with Vitali he was involved in some stinkers and mismatches.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

i agree with your point about Lewis

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 03 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

The Kbros are "entetaining" in the way they use their attribues of height and strength to maximum effect. The Ks get a raw deal with this so called "boring" stuff. Never found Lewis or Holmes to be a bundle of laughs either. And as for Haye being the "saviour" before the fight, his shower against Audley and bore fest against Valuev would never make a single highlight reel.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

You say that about Lewis but once he realised he was so dominant over someone like Haye he would have stepped it up and finished the job.

His clinical despatchment of the likes of Grant, Golota, Botha, Briggs, Ruddock and a few others is not something you would expect from Wlad

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

Oh dear, is v2 becoming like the BBC 606 in it's censorship of r*pe and other terms that are not vulgar but sometimes relevant? I had assurances this wouldn't happen 🤦

I maintain that it is Haye's and every other fighter's right to be "disgusting" and out of order in the build-up and simply cannot collaborate with some critics' image of how boxing should be. Last night hype was built up to its peak, which is why I am bitterly disappointed that Haye couldn't live up to his words.

Ridiculous antics and villains are a tradition in boxing. Some are able to justify it like Ali, Tyson and Hopkins. In the end I'll always prefer an eventful build up to a tea party or respect fest. As yesterday demonstrated however, being able to live up to it is what separates a great tactician from a great idiot.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down