The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regime Change?

3 posters

Go down

Regime Change? Empty Regime Change?

Post by ospreylian Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:01 pm

Down at the liberty last night to see the Ospreys record an important victory over a near full strength Ulster, important because it keeps us in the hunt for the final showdown and because there were so many players missing, good for the overall strength of the region.

However, the rumours were flying about, almost everyone you spoke to had a version.

I have tried to boil it down and essentially there are two.

Both relate to the "TAIBACH INCIDENT" from last December, and the ensuing fallout from that.

The first one goes like this.......The directors incensed by the affair, and having to dip into their pockets to cover the damage have decided that enough is enough. Hence Andrew Hore has been told he can go. At the same time, a number of players have also been given the same message, that's how Hook, Byrne, Mitchell, Phillips and several more have all been told they can go. The rumour continues that IF Hore does go, he may likely take Scott Johnson, Holley, Humphreys with him. His expected destination being France.

The second one,along similar lines goes like this.........Scott Johnson present during the "TAIBACH INCIDENT" is set to be the fall guy, along with Holley and Humphreys who he plans to take to Australia with him. It is also largely the reason why so many high profile players are packing their bags and leaving. Only two players come out with their image intact, one a Welsh international the other a former All Black.

Personally I'm unsure of the veracity of either of these stories, yes in all the rumours the basic facts are the same but the whole thing to me seems unimaginable, but the rumour mill then goes on to claim that both Kingsley Jones and Paul Turner have been seen at Llandarcy during last week.

If you KNOW more or hear anything, let us all know. Shocked

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Regime Change? Empty Re: Regime Change?

Post by oxring Mon 14 Feb 2011, 6:32 pm

What, precisely occurred during taibachgate? I'd heard it was junior players running riot - w/o coaches present.

I have heard rumours that Hore is off to France - but given they were from the slug Andy Howell in the western mail - I'm not sure how believable they are.

I'd like to keep things as they are. Keep selling some of the galacticos - as they aren't worth the money - and keep bringing on young players.

I hope there isn't any change at the liberty - I like the direction the team is going in. But I'd rather Kingsley Jones than Turner IMO.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by ospreylian Tue 15 Feb 2011, 10:17 am

Rumours that i heard both on Sunday and before are that it was the whole squad involved WITH COACHES PRESENT.
AH is a weasel along with his paper, but then I've never met a reporter who isn't.
True they keep coming up with these stories about this or that player leaving, maybe because several have already announced that they are. What they dont report are those who are signing extended contracts, Webb being the latest.
For me some of the older players can go, they have failed in the bigger games, and now it's time to give youth it's head, blended of course with a few older guys.
The short history of the o's is littered with tales of mismanagement, if some or all leave, then I will not be downhearted.

ospreylian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:29 pm

It seems that they are finally putting this behind them. Only Bishop is left to regain his form.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down