The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Reasons Why You Love Tennis

5 posters

Go down

5 Reasons Why You Love Tennis Empty 5 Reasons Why You Love Tennis

Post by legendkillar Tue 21 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

Something fun that shouldn't cause debate, just intrigue. List 5 reasons why you love tennis. Here are mine:

1) Boris Becker - I remember watching this man when Wimbledon was on and was young enough to remember his triumph at Wimbledon in 1986 and was just enthralled by a man who could hit serves like a bullet and dive across the net like a cop taking a bullet for his partner in a Hollywood movie. From that moment on I was hooked.

2) Different Surfaces - Golf, with 3 of the 4 Majors held in one country, what sets tennis apart is that 4 of the Slams are held in 4 different countries and on 3 different surfaces. Truly the biggest test of talent and ability to be able to adjust to the different terrains.

3) Shots - Whether it be a flying forehand or a booming backhand or a devilish dropshot, each shot carries with it the drama and the instantanious thought of 'wow' when seeing a shot of brilliance. Rallies will captivate the crowd and once over bring raptuous noise of appreciation.

4) 1 on 1 - Being a recreational player myself, I love the fact it is a sport not determinded by others outside of the match. It is just you and the opponent. Truly epic gladiator stuff. There are no excuses or hiding places and a dream of mine would be just walk out on centre court and embrace the atmosphere of a true roman arena.

5) Evolution - My first racket was a wooden Dunlop, and my current is a Babolat Aerodrive Cortex. The sport has evolved over the decades. Surfaces have changed, balls have changed, rackets have changed and the components of the modern tennis player have changed. All in all when tennis has moved with the times, it has done it successfully.

What the 5 reasons you love tennis?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons Why You Love Tennis Empty Re: 5 Reasons Why You Love Tennis

Post by westisbest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

Number 4 is the reason I love tennis the most, just you and your opponent.

Its all you, no coaching during the match, all up to the individual.

Also the hot woman that play tennis. Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:34 pm

1) Every tennis match is a new Shakespeare's play: it's pure poetry.
2) As such it shows characters, joys, lows, fire, passion, hate, entire human nature within a couple of hours
3) It fantastic to play
4) It's addictive
5)It gives so much and asks for so little

I heart tennis Yahoo

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:44 am

1) 1-1 competition: like legend said you get to hit every ball, you don't have to pass it to anyone, don't have to share the blame or the credit

2) technical and physical: Tennis is both technical and physical, unlike golf where you hit a ball and then have someone carry your bag for you. Tennis on the other hand is both technically demanding and physically demanding

3) No time limit: A tennis match can hypothetically las forever and there is no 90 minute clock that determines the winner. you have to win 2 sets or 3 however long that it takes.

4) Global game: Its a global tour, and you get players from all over the world

5) Big rivalries: The battle for supremacy often comes to the play of less than a handful of the elite. And a tennis rivalry while it is fleeting and can only last a few years, can produce even more intense magic than anything we see in team sports.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:15 am

LK

I won't bother listing 5, just highlight the one key thing that keeps me watching:

Every player has the ability to hit a shot that just makes you go 'wow'. OK, some do it more often than others, but the sight of a passing shot played on the full run, or a reflex drop volley are the things that make me appreciate the talent of these guys and girls.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down