The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !!

+20
SaintsSte
ShahenshahG
liverbnz
bluestonevedder
johnson2
Bluto1978
aja424
oneorthree
huw
The_Essence_of_Excellence
Valero's Conscience
Sam
I Blame Coco
BigPhil
Geordie
GG
lightsout
Fists of Fury
Solerina
TRUSSMAN66
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !! - Page 2 Empty Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

1. People doing set after set on apparatus you want to use......

2. People on their mobile phones while you're trying to concentrate on a set.

3. Watching people doing set after set of partial reps because the weight is too heavy..

boom boom...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Mine is TRUSSMAN66 inability to press heavy dumbells Hug

Back to top Go down

Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Write your Gym gripes and frustrations here !!

Post by SaintsSte Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 pm

My gripes are
*Loud screams when doing a tough set of half reps lol
*People using the dumbell rack as a seat
*Standing too close to the rack meaning you have to squeeze past them
*Texting between sets
*Long conversations with their mates between sets
*Dropping weights then walking off leaving them on the floor
*not taking the 10 44lb plates off the leg press then see the person laugh watch a woman take all of them off so she can do her set
*excessive sweating
*smelly people
*'experts' saying I go too low on my squats
*After waiting to get on the bench press,a man asks how many sets you have left

Rant over :-D

SaintsSte

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Tue May 01, 2012 1:25 am

People with an ok physique telling anyone that will listen that they rarely lift heavy weights. Good for you mate, well done.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 am

*After waiting to get on the bench press,a man asks how many sets you have left

spot on, saint ste!

My major gripe at the moment is idiots dropping 30kg dumbells on to the floor from a height. Lower them down, you attention seeking buffoon.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Thu May 03, 2012 8:33 am

people that do 20 sets on biceps work every workout and never squat (or do any leg workouts)

people who "squat" with lots of weight but only just about unlock their knees before coming back up

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am

People in general are a major gripe for me, love having the weights room to myself. Can't stand the macho crap that goes with lifting weights.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu May 03, 2012 9:03 am

skimpton wrote:people that do 20 sets on biceps work every workout and never squat (or do any leg workouts)

people who "squat" with lots of weight but only just about unlock their knees before coming back up

What is the correct technique for a squat?

Interested as I may be doing it wrong myself.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

liverbnz

There are different types of squat but basically I would suggest looking at How to Squat on the stronglifts.com website.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Attractive women in Lycra bending over... Distracts you from your workout. Go and stretch somewhere else, preferably back at my place after the gym.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 pm

I agree....Good idea about them stretching it back at "your place.."

I'll have to ask the Wife If she'd mind!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 am

Cool

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:59 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree....Good idea about them stretching it back at "your place.."

I'll have to ask the Wife If she'd mind!! Cool

Send her round to me Truss. She'll love my youthful enthusiasm, what with you getting on a bit these days.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 am

Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Breaking wind..........

Have a fifty year old screamer from Zimbabwe at the gym (nice guy).......

Throws big weights around but has to make noises from his butt while he does it.....

I was half way through a one arm dumbbell set the other day and he let rip like usual......

ruined the set...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:44 am

laughing bad form!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:52 am

Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Mobile phones.........

Seeing so many either talking or texting between sets...

Want to rap it round their heads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Bent over rows when spotting on the bench press!!!!!

How many times do you see a guy with at least a 100 pounds too much on the bench press basically watching a spotter do a set of bent over rows above his head!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 am

Too often.

Mobile phones are annoying...particularly when I'm waiting for a piece of equipment and the current incumbent is busy texting his boyfriend..

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Mermaids eating maggots in the jacuzzi...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Guy taking half an hour to load 700 pounds on the leg press....and then lowering it 2 inches before pushing it up for ten reps..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:28 am

In the gym lately some guys have been bringing their chicks in to watch them train or to spot......Fondling eachother between sets etc...Girls are all kitted out to train but seem to prefer to hang around the serious section than get on with it.......Where funnily enough most of the guys have better physiques than the boyfriend..

Do me a favor.....Train properly or f**K off with your chick to the aerobic area....

Any serious trainer should be in the zone..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 am

GG wrote:Guys (mainly over 40) who only do upper body exercises and strut around the gym with massive arms/shoulders/chests, pot bellies and scrawny legs like they are gods gift to the earth. Would a tiny bit of cardio really hurt so much?

Apart from the pot belly it could have been written about me....

Only do two sets of Squats/Smith squats now because of my lower back issues...

What people need to remember about cardio is that if you train four or five times a week for an hour with weights.....Cardio really is unnecessary...

Mike Mentzer was a big believer in not doing cardio......Pointless until you are doing a show......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:33 am

People offering advice, that I did not ask for, or want.

Other than that, I have no real problem. Oh and half squats. You wouldn't do a half bench, so no need for a half squat.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Gyms with doors that are too heavy for me to open!

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Lol. You need to buy some magic sauce off the owner

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 am

People that put their hands on their knees when they leg press for the entire set.....

I might do it to push out the last two....

Kidding themselves..and not kidding anybody else.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People that put their hands on their knees when they leg press for the entire set.....

Haha! The guy that owns my gym and his partners do this. They loaded the leg press to 500kg last night. I was thinking, " Come on guys, stop cheating." They were only doing half reps as well.

Why the f..k could they not half that weight and do it properly?? As you always say, bodybuilding is about good form and stressing the muscle. One of these guys is apparently doing a show. He has good upperbody, but the legs are awful. I would never slag someone's bodypart, but he doesn't train them right.

I'm stronger than all 3 of the guys, but you wouldn't catch me doing over 350kg. The reason being I like to do it properly.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:44 pm

AdamT wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People that put their hands on their knees when they leg press for the entire set.....

Haha! The guy that owns my gym and his partners do this. They loaded the leg press to 500kg last night. I was thinking, " Come on guys, stop cheating."  They were only doing half reps as well.

Why the f..k could they not half that weight and do it properly?? As you always say, bodybuilding is about good form and stressing the muscle. One of these guys is apparently doing a show. He has good upperbody, but the legs are awful. I would never slag someone's bodypart, but he doesn't train them right.

I'm stronger than all 3 of the guys, but you wouldn't catch me doing over 350kg. The reason being I like to do it properly.

Now I know Truss will probably disagree with this but that just seems to be the way for a lot of bodybuilders. Check out on youtube all these guys like Mike O'Hearn, Ben Pakulski, Marc Lobliner all doing half reps on a few exercises with really heavy weights or with really bad form.

For me people with bad hygiene, surely a quick shower or some deoderant before you leave the house isn't out of the question? Also guys that train in 3's, spend a lot of time chatting.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:39 am

To be fair some top powerlifters do have reps in training as well.

I don't do half reps on squat, but I used to be guilty on going a bit high.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Getting caught posing in front of the changing room mirror.
Wish I always looked that good, mot just after a workout!!

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 am

sohotnot wrote:
AdamT wrote:

Haha! The guy that owns my gym and his partners do this. They loaded the leg press to 500kg last night. I was thinking, " Come on guys, stop cheating."  They were only doing half reps as well.

Now I know Truss will probably disagree with this but that just seems to be the way for a lot of bodybuilders. Check out on youtube all these guys like Mike O'Hearn, Ben Pakulski, Marc Lobliner all doing half reps on a few exercises with really heavy weights or with really bad form.

For me people with bad hygiene, surely a quick shower or some deoderant before you leave the house isn't out of the question? Also guys that train in 3's, spend a lot of time chatting.

All of them have great genetics...Unlike we do..

Bertil Fox was probably a forerunner in the heavy ovèr form bodybuilding. .

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:55 am

You can't be sure we (including you) don't have good genetics.

You don't agree with me, but I think Pro's use boatloads of gear. Especially these days. Anyway Truss, I am not looking to be a d1ck just basing an opinion.

Bertil Fox was f...g robbed.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:27 am

Don't care how much gear you take...You aren't getting 20 inch arms at low bodyfat unless you're highly genetically gifted...

Steroids are overrated......Generally by people who have never taken them..

No offence at you....Just there seems to be a general misunderstanding..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:05 am

My mates use steroids and HGH, with insulin Truss. I know plenty about them mate. One of them has great genetics, the other not really. Both are "big" and really, really,strong.

I'm not offended.

Do you want me to list a rough idea of their cycle??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:16 am

I don't think you use much gear mate and probably think others tell you the truth. Bodybuilders are liars.

I'm guessing you're the sort of guy who uses roughly 500-750 mg of Test/Sus a week. Maybe another 300-400mg of Deca or some other compound like Equipoise, or tren. Also I doubt you blast and cruise like the top guys. You probably do a long cycle and taper off, then pct. Or you use short cycles.

You are perhaps in great shape, but some way off 20inch arms (at single digit) and 200kg bench presses.

1500-2000mg Test
1000mg Tren
800/1000mg Equiposie
Masteron (not sure on dosage)
Anavar/Winstrol 100/150mg a day.
Hgh- 6-8 IU (pros use near quadruple this dose)
Insulin (have no idea on dosage)

That's a rough cycle from a bodybuilder I know. If you didn't know him, he would tell you he uses 500mg Test, with the same tren a week. And only does short cycles.

The truth is, he hasn't come off in a couple of years.

You don't have to believe me or him, but from my research on the internet, this seems to be the case with many top guys.

Now, obviously the guys on the Olympia stage are genetic freaks, but they also push the boundaries. I hear a certain pro is scared to eat a single carb, unless he is on insulin.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:33 pm

AdamT wrote:I don't think you use much gear mate and probably think others tell you the truth. Bodybuilders are liars.

I'm guessing you're the sort of guy who uses roughly 500-750 mg of Test/Sus a week. Maybe another 300-400mg of Deca or some other compound like Equipoise, or tren. Also I doubt you blast and cruise like the top guys. You probably do a long cycle and taper off, then pct. Or you use short cycles.

You are perhaps in great shape, but some way off 20inch arms (at single digit) and 200kg bench presses.

1500-2000mg Test
1000mg Tren
800/1000mg Equiposie

That's a rough cycle from a bodybuilder I know. If you didn't know him, he would tell you he uses 500mg Test, with the same tren a week. And only does short cycles.

You don't have to believe me or him, but from my research on the internet, this seems to be the case with many top guys.

Now, obviously the guys on the Olympia stage are genetic freaks, but they also push the boundaries. I hear a certain pro is scared to eat a single carb, unless he is on insulin.

He'd be dead mate....You have any idea how much a stack like that would cost.....

2000mg is a bottle of test alone..............and the price of hGh is extortionate.......and he's got five other compounds to buy.......

It's bollox............

I only use 500mg of test a week....and it's enough....

Lee Priest used to use winstrol and about 750 mg test and he was five in the Olympia..

I've never done PCT..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Ok you're right and I'm wrong.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:19 pm

Not being cheeky, but I doubt your as big or cut as the guys I mean. Why don't you type in George Leeman and steroids. He said he cruises on 500mg and he is the record holder for deadlift in Us.

Anyway I'm sorry Truss but I would gladly put my life on priest using much more.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:33 pm

By the way I'm not making a dig at you. You probably look far better than me. But both these guys look massive and ripped. They tell me they use loads. Why would they lie?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Lee Priest used about 750mg test and winstrol.....These guys are taking about twenty/thirty times more than him...

Steroids cost a lot of money...........if they aren't pros they must be making $150,000 dollars a year...

Besides 1000mg tren plus 2000 test.....Can't see anyone surviving that...Tren is a real heavy hitter....Only ever tried that once...and that was lower dosage and these guys are taking 2000 test with it ?

Not saying they or you are lying but it just seems way over the top...

Yates took twenty times less and he was huge..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:29 pm

I respect what you say. It's good to hear from your own use. Appreciate your honesty.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 am

AdamT wrote:I don't think you use much gear mate and probably think others tell you the truth. Bodybuilders are liars.

1500-2000mg Test
1000mg Tren
800/1000mg Equiposie

I think we are getting some clarity now. If this guy is doing that kind of cycle and for years on end then I can understand that when he stops he'll begin to lose some strength, size and cut. The people I had been referring to were not really bodybuilders, just wanted a bit of mass and were doing much lower/normal amounts and when they stopped after a relatively short course they did keep that mass for quite a while.

I take it the guy lies to make himself come across as somebody that works hard and has his training and nutrition bang on? So nobody can say oh well it just the roids?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:21 am

Not a gripe but just an observation. I have just joined a gym 2 weeks ago and I'm amazed at the amount of people that look like they don't really want to be there, seems like they feel they should be going. walk or sit around on machines like zombies!

RE half reps. Just watched a guy, bigger than me, half repping on a shoulder press machine with the same weight I do! If you are half repping on my weight maybe give up!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:22 am

I was chatting to a former nabba universe over 40's competitor and he says ALL bodybuilders will lie. He said they have supplement lines and reputations to protect.

Also if Lee Priest or whoever, just came out and told the truth, who is to say some kids wouldn't copy them and end up with health damage.

So what they do is, go for a medium dose cycle and claim it is all genetics. The Universe competitor said, it is genetics. It is down to how you respond to gear and how much you can use without the side effects.

These guys are not getting 22 inch arms with a couple of ml Deca/test. Get real!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:27 am

sohotnot wrote:Not a gripe but just an observation. I have just joined a gym 2 weeks ago and I'm amazed at the amount of people that look like they don't really want to be there, seems like they feel they should be going. walk or sit around on machines like zombies!

RE half reps. Just watched a guy, bigger than me, half repping on a shoulder press machine with the same weight  I do! If you are half repping on my weight maybe give up!! Wink

I'm not surprised. For every true strong bodybuilder I have seen, there are guys who are very weak. All show and no go as they say.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:34 am

AdamT wrote:I was chatting to a former nabba universe over 40's competitor and he says ALL bodybuilders will lie. He said they have supplement lines and reputations to protect.

Also if Lee Priest or whoever, just came out and told the truth, who is to say some kids wouldn't copy them and end up with health damage.

So what they do is, go for a medium dose cycle and claim it is all genetics. The Universe competitor said, it is genetics. It is down to how you respond to gear and how much you can use without the side effects.

These guys are not getting 22 inch arms with a couple of ml Deca/test. Get real!

That I knew, Youtube is full of fake natty's, all with supplement companies or sponsorship/endorsements. Who'd buy there stuff if they came out and said basically none of this is really needed, is expensive and I actually just do roids? Although Rich Piana has his own supplement range, has said none of it is anything new or can replace real food and is also very open on his drug use, even recommends not doing what he does and has admitted that he will probably die younger due to it!

Never thought about that, good point.

I am always amazed at the amount of people that believe all these guys are natural and that its just down to years of hard work, whey protein and crazy amounts of meat.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:40 am

You should read GH15 mate. He was a famous poster on Getbig. He was thought to be a former top pro and obviously told the truth about everything and everybody.

A lot of lower level pros say he is correct about the drug abuse in bodybuilding.

GH15 says all fake natties like, O'Hearn, Skip la cour, Layne Norton etc, are on hormones all year around. And lots of them.

He also said the cycle Yates put up was bullsh1t. He said the compounds were similar, but times the dosage by 3 or 4.

Read his stuff man. He knows so much about drugs and bodybuilding.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:48 am

I'll check him out, google him you think?

O'Hearn is a joke, look at him and his age, he's what 270 and shredded? And then you mention bodybuilders that openly admit to using and he is similar to them!

I think there are a lot of guys out there that want to get big and believe all the supplement BS out there and keep buying it chasing a dream. Very hard to accept that you are being conned, wasting your money yet you still want to believe it. Its like all the fake natty's selling there training programs for silly money when you can find it all for free or jsut buy for example Arnies Encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding, nothing new in what they write and then there diet advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:54 am

A big natural is 170 pounds on stage at 5% bodyfat at around 5'10. For every inch added in height, add 7 pounds, or every inch smaller minus 7.

170 doesn't sound big, but at 5% fat and water depleted, that is a big guy for a natural. Also any natural that goes to single digit body fat, will look flat. They will look good when undressed, but look small in clothes.

That is similar to what GH15 says about natural potential. I'm 6 foot, so if I had good genetics, I would go on stage at 184 at shredded bodyfat. Loads of people underestimate their fat levels. I'm down to 225 now. Even though I don't have a particulary large belly, I have a round look all over and huge legs. I am probably about 25% bodyfat.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next