The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl?

+6
TheBrownTown
GSC
Pr4wn
Virgil_Caine
Grizzly
Derbyblue
10 posters

Go down

Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl? Empty Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl?

Post by Derbyblue Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

Saw this topic on NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8204d266/article/in-honor-of-dirk-something-positive-for-a-change?module=HP_spotlight
So I wanted to see which players you would like to see win the Super Bowl and why? Please don't choose a player on your team.

Adam Rank chose:
6. Kyle Orton
The Broncos might have arguably gotten the best of the Jay Cutler deal thanks to the production of Orton. And his reward? The team drafted Tim Tebow in the first round in 2010. I would love to see Orton dealt to a team like the Cardinals and have him win a title there. Plus, judging by some online photos, that post-Super Bowl celebration would probably be the social event of the season.

5. Jared Allen
Allen was on the verge of throwing away his NFL career with repeated DUI arrests. But he has since cleaned up his act and become one of the most engaging personalities in the NFL. Plus, a Super Bowl win might bring the mullet back. That alone would be worth it, right? And really, if the Vikings won the year after Brett Favre retired, that would be cool, too.

4. Peyton Hillis
This would put an end to the Madden curse if Hillis and the Browns were able to win the Super Bowl this year. And not only would this provide the doubters and those who call him a one-year wonder wrong, but it would also deliver Cleveland a championship. A real championship -- not just watching James fail in the NBA Finals.

3. Tony Gonzalez
Gonzalez is arguably the greatest tight end in NFL history and currently the best active-player without a ring. As somebody who covered Gonzalez back in his high school days at Huntington Beach High, it would be nice to see him cap off his Hall of Fame career with a ring.

2. Steven Jackson
You really feel for a guy who joined a team in decline and has been the lone offensive stalwart on some miserable squads. But there is one caveat for Jackson winning a title: He has to win a Super Bowl as a member of the Los Angeles Rams after the team hopefully returns to its rightful home.

1. Philip Rivers
The reason for this one is simple: Rivers gets his ring and those people who make the cockamamie argument that Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning are better quarterbacks have nothing to talk about. Rivers will get his chances, but that first ring can't come soon enough.

I agree with the choice of Rivers I want to see him win a Super Bowl so those of you who say he can't be counted as one of the elite quarterbacks as he doesn't have a ring will struggle to find a new reason. Also agree with Gonzalez would be good to see him win one before he retires which means this year is probably his last chance, even if he is pretty much guaranteed Hall of Fame. One of my other choices would be LaDainian Tomlinson, I just think it would be a good way for him to end his Hall of Fame career much like Gonzalez, I'd prefer if it was at a team that isn't the Jets.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl? Empty Re: Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl?

Post by Grizzly Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

Good shout on LT.
Gotta agree with Gonzo and Jared Allen and a part of me wants to agree with Rivers, but it's a struggle.
I'll throw in Brian Urlacher, Champ Bailey, Fred Taylor and Randy Moss

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl? Empty Re: Which players you would like to see win a Super Bowl?

Post by Virgil_Caine Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

London Flecther, Andre Johnson, Donovan McNabb and any member of the Bengals.

Virgil_Caine

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

London Fletcher - good shout, I missed him.....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 15 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

Ed Reed, Jason Peters, Jordan Gross, Pat Williams.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 15 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

The 2011 Philadelphia Eagles roster
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

This is biased but Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey deserve rings

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

I would like to see Sam Bradford live up to his potential and win a superbowl

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

The 2012 Giants

Andre Johnson, Devin Hester, Brian Urlacher, Rashard Mendenhall, Rey Maualuga.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Chris Cooley, Tony Gonzalez, Steve Jackson, most of the Lions team (and anyone who's played for the Lions in the SB era!), Steve Smith (not for his personality, but for his talent), Namdi Asomugha and I dare say a few others I can't think of right now.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

T.O. maybe not a huge fan of his personality but due to his stats he probably deserves a ring

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu 16 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

If he wants a ring, why did he go to the Bills and the Bengals? Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 16 Jun 2011, 6:37 pm

Because no good team needs his talent enough to compensate for the headaches
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down