The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caballero vs Barros postponed

4 posters

Go down

Caballero vs Barros postponed Empty Caballero vs Barros postponed

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:38

Caballero vs Barros postponed

By Gabriel F. Cordero

The bout for the WBA featherweight world title between former world champion Celestino “Pelenchín” Caballero and champion Jonathan Victor Barros scheduled for June 18 in Mendoza, Argentina has been postponed to a new date. The reason given is the travel situation to and from South America due to volcanic ash that have caused the cancellation of flights. Caballero had tried to leave Panama on Sunday and Monday, but both flights were cancelled. July 2 was given as a possible rescheduled date.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Caballero vs Barros postponed Empty Re: Caballero vs Barros postponed

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:45

WBA featherweight world title all my eye. Until someone beats Chris John in the ring, or John retires, that belt belongs to him. Caballero's decent, though. Has the style to make life awkward for anyone.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:52

Don't be silly captain John is the much more significant WBA Super World Champion, he doesn't need to lower himself to being a regular world champion. Is Gamboa still a WBA World Featherweight champion as well?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:55

Three world champions per division per organisation, bellchees. That potentially gives us 204 world champions, if we only include the leading four organisations....the horror, the horror.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:56

captain carrantuohil wrote:WBA featherweight world title all my eye. Until someone beats Chris John in the ring, or John retires, that belt belongs to him. Caballero's decent, though. Has the style to make life awkward for anyone.

Yeah, Chris John is the real WBA champion. The WBA just keep making a mess of each division. They aren't content with having their own version of the World title, they want their own multiple champions.

It's got to the stage where I have to keep checking who holds a belt whether Interim, Silver, emeritus, Real, regular or super. The title situation is a shambles.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:59

You have more energy-enthusiasm than me Rob I no longer even try to unpick or understand the title situation. Think with the energy it wastes I could do something easier and probably of more value such as end our reliance on fossil fuels or sort out the Middle East.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:19

rowley wrote:You have more energy-enthusiasm than me Rob I no longer even try to unpick or understand the title situation. Think with the energy it wastes I could do something easier and probably of more value such as end our reliance on fossil fuels or sort out the Middle East.

Haha, very true. 20 years time its going to give historians a nightmare if it continues like this. Its a nightmare now. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down